U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 PM

11 posts, read 11,497 times

Advertisements

well like i was saying every one think its illegal aliens are the entire problem but they don't look at the other side of the coin.. the employers - these companies are supposed to be regulated with federal laws and they just go around them.. a suggestion is to look at the big picture of blame.

Last edited by Jrico; 03-20-2009 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: misspelled every
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 PM

147 posts, read 186,307 times
[quote=Jrico;7977916]I truley apologize for that comment its something i'd tell my parents so i would'nt have to work.

You're mistaken. I begged him not to get a job but that's the way he was raised. I just think it's interesting when a 15 year old knows he's gettin a raw deal...

Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 PM

11 posts, read 11,497 times
well i'm glad that your son is growing up to be a responsible adult and not waiting for things to handed to him. i know of most people that think that the service industry in beneath them. so i was wondering who gave him the raw deal "Jose" the employee or "Frank" the manager. what's up with red type?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrico View Post
well i'm glad that your son is growing up to be a responsible adult and not waiting for things to handed to him. i know of most people that think that the service industry in beneath them. so i was wondering who gave him the raw deal "Jose" the employee or "Frank" the manager. what's up with red type?

First let me preface by saying that if I wanted to use a doo-doo green color, I thought that would be my right. That being said, My children have been shown responsibility. They know that things in this world are to be earned. Nobody is going to say "Here son, take this because you're special", which is what makes me so angry because there are many injustices in this world, and the only thing that we can depend on to be true are laws and rules, which I also teach them about. Now how does it look for anyone to do whatever suits them or their particular need at the time? You may say I'm angry and all I can say is YES I AM. I'm not jealous or think have a sense of entitlement,but I'm resent the fact that laws can be broken by some and no consequence is imposed. Your tone is not appreciated..

Old 03-21-2009, 03:18 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrico View Post
Yeah send them all back!! if we roll up our sleeves and start doing our own labor for $7/hr i'm pretty sure they will go back because lack of work.. Oh I forgot we don't want to wash dishes,roof houses,pour concrete, do construction work or any service work.... someone else will do it-because we feel we are above those type jobs... P.S. illegal immigrants didn't take all the jobs- its called outsourcing by greedy U.S. corporations. Why do you think (Hadji) answers when you call your Visa card...
The problem is, illegals -- the ones who come to work because not all are here working -- may accept $7 or less and hour with no health insurance benefits and of course the greedy employers like this because it gets them rich quickly. The employers become accustomed to dirt wages and figuring they should not have to compete for labor.

Americans however don't think that working full time should get them sleeping on a floor of a slum apartment with 14 other men in order to make it.

The fact that illegals will work for very low wages doesn't justify them in the least because the cost of living in this country is so extremely high. No adult should have to work for $7 or less an hour, no family can live on those kinds of wages.

Let the crackdowns begin, let honest employers be all that's left, those who cannot pay American wages can be fined out of existence.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
I really doubt that we lued them here. Otherwise;they would not take the often dangerous path tehy do to get here.It is relly a case of why the flee mexico often leaving their families and culture behind that they have know most of their lifes.Most peopole that immagrated from europe came because of specific problms they were fleeing.Ot better yet what is so right about this country that they come;it isn't the culture.Opportunity that we really can't see because we are spoiled.maybe so.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Yes, what ever happened to those NAFTA promises that maquila jobs would keep them in their homeland?

What a big lie that was, after NAFTA was signed was when the trickle became a flood.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:07 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I really doubt that we lued them here. Otherwise;they would not take the often dangerous path tehy do to get here.It is relly a case of why the flee mexico often leaving their families and culture behind that they have know most of their lifes.Most peopole that immagrated from europe came because of specific problms they were fleeing.Ot better yet what is so right about this country that they come;it isn't the culture.Opportunity that we really can't see because we are spoiled.maybe so.
Don't think so! I sure haven't been "spoiled" with a lifetime of hard work. People from Europe "immmigrated" here. They did not sneak across a border illegally to collect "freebies" while they work for peanuts (less than average wages) or have an anchor babie or two. We didn't lure them anywhere, they just didn't have the guts to work for reform in thier own countries. If they came for "a better life" thier intent was to steal it. They leave thier famlies ,but, always
bring thier "culture" to hide behind. LA is a prime example of that.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
We help other countries and interfere in their wars and rebuild them and fight their wars and spill our childrens blood and they hate us but with Mexico we want to see them suffer and see the Country fall so we can take the rest of their Land. el pintada kid

Don't flatter yourself. US would be ok without Mexico. Other countries are far more important as allies and Contribute much more..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration