U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
And dont hold it against us if in the future we deported mexicans still have some resentment...and
do not fill your capitalist attraction to fill your fields or factories like in world war 2 or mexico as a country supportying the allied cause..

Your reapt what you harvest
Your concern for the U.S. is heartwarming. However, we will do just fine without millions of illiterate, low-skilled, ingrates. We owe you nothing. Take your ill-gotten gains back to Mexico, and leave us alone. You have a country, and it’s time for you to grow up, and stop sucking at the U.S. teat.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Quote:
And dont hold it against us if in the future we deported mexicans still have some resentment...and
do not fill your capitalist attraction to fill your fields or factories like in world war 2 or mexico as a country supportying the allied cause..

Your reapt what you harvest
Legal immigration is welcome. What kind of a country would have an open border free for all?

Look at it this way......do you let anyone into your house? Or do like to make sure that your guest is a nice person, a person who will not steal from you or harm you? That is what immigration laws do. Immigration laws are in place to keep 'bad' or unproductive people out while encouraging 'good' or productive people to immigrate.
**I am not saying that illegals are 'bad' people, per se but how does the government know if they are good or bad? How does the government know if they are criminals? Or have infectious diseases? Immigration laws must be upheld.
Perhaps you should look into the immigration laws of the European Union....those laws make the US laws seem easy by comparison. Or why not look into Mexicos immigration laws, for that matter? Mexico has a very poor reputation for welcoming immigrants, especially Guatamalans. Why is that? And why is it OK for Mexico to deny entry and citizenship to anyone who would like to cross into it but not OK for the US?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:04 PM

365 posts, read 667,826 times
Default camping youre right...

but youre blaming the ignorant...please try to understand...
mexico being a poor country it is upholds better their immigration laws than america does...

tell me ..how many companies where they fined? since 1970 ? for hiring illegals? tell me....

what I am saying is the companies have brought the people here and are getting a free ride of the expense of the middle and rich classes of america...YES the rich brought the illegals here is just so tempting to do it.

and all these immigration and stuff blaming mexico...
tell me what would happen if mexico
militarized their borde to stop 1,000,000 immigrants trying to reach america? remember that 60 percento of illegals are mexican the other 40 percent is not our problem but yet where affected by it.

and the legal immigration tell me how many are staying in the country? are they the leaders in future outsourcing american jobs in the future?
future nuclear scientest giving secrets to china for a good bargain?
or asians and europeans espionaging in future americans for reaping good profits back home?

even legal immigration is bad....
and again MEXICO's commerce is related completly to the usa...mexico buys more than all europeans do....isnt that enough loyalty for a good relation and better cooperation..?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:15 PM

Default camping...

look at the numbers..
60% of illegals are from mexico and problably 35% went thru mexico...

in other words a country of 105 million "produces 600,000" willing to come
bacause the american companies call for them....by not fining and deporting them...

imagine if we did militarized the zone of 3,000 miles
using I DONT know 12,000 soldiers in the border...paying something absurd...maintaing them while either way their going to come in if the
capitalist that feed the idea welcomes them

chineses are willing to pay 10 times more just to come to canada or the usa and the consist of 5% of all illegals....

the proble is like capital that is in a savings account
the problem has increases by compuanding interest and yet you want to solve the illegal immigration problem
in 3 years.....

is not fair for the govermnets..
of china, mexico, brazil, nigeria, russia, ecuador, peru, ecuador etc..etc...
to have irresponsible fermented the idea of making money in then trying to deport them all at once....

lets say its physically possible...but you as a citizen
would vote for the right candidates to uphold the laws that you have establish?
your generation from 1970's, 80's. 90's, 00
seem not to have done a good job...
right now i bet you in a way or another you support slave wages...and might not even know it.....

Old 03-10-2009, 01:38 PM

Default i remmember this picture from my history books..

and it just makes you think..
http://www.authentichistory.com/postcivilwar/cartoons/18900000c_Immigration_01 (broken link).
[CENTER]http://www.authentichistory.com/postcivilwar/cartoons/18900000c_Immigration_01.jpg (broken link)
the real natives did not wanted more people but the government never listen.... but the foreigners are the ones punish for their carelessness[/CENTER]

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Quote:
mexico being a poor country it is upholds better their immigration laws than america does...
Earlier you were showing that Mexico is actually a rich country.....it cannot be both poor and rich. Although, isn't that the exact position Mexico is in? Very rich and very poor with little in between? Not good for Mexicans and I do understand the lure of the US.
tell me ..how many companies where they fined? since 1970 ? for hiring illegals? tell me....
Not nearly enough, luckily that is changing. People who are against illegal immigration are not blind to the fact that businesses are using these people to undercut US citizens wages. We are also not blind to the fact that local politicians are no doubt being bought off to look the other way. It is not right, and I hope that with the anti-illegal immigration sentiment going on right now our laws will be upheld, and businesses looking to use illegal labor will find themselves fined out of business if they do not come clean.
what I am saying is the companies have brought the people here and are getting a free ride of the expense of the middle and rich classes of america...YES the rich brought the illegals here is just so tempting to do it.
Of course, whether it be packing plants, farms or rich idle women hiring cheap nannies. It is wrong whoever does it.
and all these immigration and stuff blaming mexico...
tell me what would happen if mexico
militarized their borde to stop 1,000,000 immigrants trying to reach america? remember that 60 percento of illegals are mexican the other 40 percent is not our problem but yet where affected by it.
There would be fighting. But tell me -- why is the other forty percent not Mexicos problem but Mexico considers 100% of the illegals to be the US' problem? Strengthen your side of the border and treat your people better and a lot of these problems would go away.
and the legal immigration tell me how many are staying in the country? are they the leaders in future outsourcing american jobs in the future?
future nuclear scientest giving secrets to china for a good bargain?
or asians and europeans espionaging in future americans for reaping good profits back home?
What? I'm not sure of your point on this one.....but, if you are saying outsourcing is bad then you are completely right.
even legal immigration is bad....
and again MEXICO's commerce is related completly to the usa...mexico buys more than all europeans do....isnt that enough loyalty for a good relation and better cooperation..?
I don't think legal immigration is bad at all. Quite the opposite.
As to the US owing Mexico because they buy a lot of crap from the US -- bs. Buy it from Cuba if you prefer, but in no way does a good trade relations between countries make the use of illegal immigration justified.
Face it -- Mexico needs to clean its own house before commenting on how dirty the US' house is. Treat your own people better then your country will only get stronger. As it stands, if Mexico keeps throwing its poor out of their country just who will be supporting you in your old age? Just who will be left to prop up the Mexican economy? Fleeing Americans? I do get that impression from your glorious leaders....

Old 03-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Default tell me this...

does brazil have an migration problem?
does peru, argentina? india

were talking percentages...
no when you said why is the other 40% not our problem...
because...just becuase their brown most americans think their
mexican...
againg were only 60 percent of the problem
the other 40 percent is
are from
el salvador
guatemala,
ecuador
cuban

a lot of people used mexico as a bridge to come here..again
if mexico produces 600,000 of seekers why do have to pay 400,000 more as a contribution from americas undoing? not tightinng their laws...

america would help tremendously if it fine companies...
and those 400,000 would not come thru mexico...
drugs....
and investment in the long run is also affected because
jobs are created but people get tempted
by making 3 to 4 times more per day

praise god that china is not your neighbor or india...
because mexican wages are better off then most third world countries...

but the ROOT of the problem lies
in your politicians and the people that elect them and the companies that do the hiring...

mexico at this time cannot digest...20 percent of its population...
america fomented for 20 years.... and expects that 1 percenct per year to come in at once....

and I do hope it happens....but tell me
what would be the way for american companies not to make the same mistake againg? would you promise it? as a voter..?

bush was for amnesty
obama was for amnesty
macain were for amnesty

all of your leaders are for something that youre slacking
once more america is the cause and once you know for a fact that if you as a voter is responsible..
about the consequences
then truyly we would have the america and north america we so desire..

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Default and

Earlier you were showing that Mexico is actually a rich country.....it cannot be both poor and rich. Although, isn't that the exact position Mexico is in? Very rich and very poor with little in between? Not good for Mexicans and I do understand the lure of the US.

it cannot be both..? what we were not affected by free trading? by chinas rise to power their cheap goods swallowing mexicos industries?
even america has a class struggle where 5 percent produce half of americas gdp...then why not pictures mexicos as the same?
againg dont be narrow minded....

Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Default read this article camping

camping if I can contribute to helping you understan it in a diffrent way

read this article..

Mexico sees 'brain drain' as the brightest go north | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/news/stories/2008/11/05/mexico_brain_drain.html - broken link)

Old 03-10-2009, 02:58 PM

An estimated 14,000 of the 19,000 Mexicans with doctorates live in the U.S., many in North Texas, according to the International Organization for Migration, part of a Swiss-based organization that studied the exodus of educated Mexicans to the United States, and the office of Mexico’s undersecretary of education
14,000 of our 19,000 with doctorates live in the usa...why do you think they left mexico? better paid? drug related problems? its like decapitating the elite and to start all over....those are mexicos consequences in living close to the usa...
but then when mexicos is slacking in leadership...
whe seem to attribute it to their peon mentality etc..etc...

ITS factors we as a continent cannnot compete...why do you think the manufacturing sector in the usa has deteriorated the past 40 years?
the world is taking the usa by storm ..and trust me capitalism is good...
it generates ideas creates renovation in technology letting that free spirit of
individualism come to effect...
but

i repeat dont feel bad when you become the end of the stick...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or