Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,176 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I must admit that I'm new to these forums and happened to be interested in the many viewpoints that some of you people have of illegal migration, whether they're in favor or opposed.

As for me, I'm on the fence when it comes to this issue.

I do happen to have a question for all of those who happen to be the most outspoken proponents of illegal migration (especially antialphabet, blacknight04, ocean2026):

Why do you support illegal migration? Do you support open borders? Do you believe that illegal immigrants should be able to use American government services? Should the US stop illegal migration?

Try to be as convincing as possible as well.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to all opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Nobody supports illegal immigration...It's just that some people fight 'tooth and nail' at every suggestion of how to end it, refuse to discuss it, or simply call it 'immigration'. But I doubt you'll get a single SERIOUS poster who admits to actually "supporting" illegal immigration. More like 'explaining' it...or 'rationalizing' it....or 'excusing' it...or comparing it to 'violent' crimes....

Support it? No..nobody does that.

Why do people 'excuse' it? Some, because they see the illegals as "their" people...i.e., they defend illegals because of a perceived ethnic connection. Others who don't share that ethnicity suffer a sort of 'affluent guilt' in which they see illegals as 'colorful denizens of the Third World', who are incapable of obeying our laws, who are somehow "forced" to come here to "work"...not to partake in our social services, nor to tax our infrastructure, nor to commit crimes, nor to cause problems....but to "work".

Those are SOME of the reasons illegal immigration is 'excused'. These folks look around them at the detritus of the American society..the laziness, the vulgarity, the selfishness...and don't like what they see; and they feel that illegals might somehow bring a "change" to the culture...maybe some vague sort of 'diversity'. Why this couldn't be accomplished through LEGAL immigration, I'm not sure anyone has ever addressed.

Last edited by macmeal; 03-07-2009 at 04:11 PM..

Old 03-07-2009, 04:28 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
It is basically about race. As we all know, the majority of illegals are latinos mainly fom mexico. Many of the supporters of illegal aliens on this forum are also latinos and they see it as an "attack" on their race, heritage, or culture. They can't see that the majority of us who are against illegal immigration are not anti-latino and we definitely do not hate Mexicans. We are made up of citizens and legal immigrants of many different races and ethnicities. We are just very frustrated with 20-30 million people entering into the country illegally in the span of 20 years. They have brought their poverty and crime with them. They break many of our laws and expect us to help them and accept them. When we try to make them leave, they attack us for being "racist." Some of them even claim that the land rightfully belongs to them because it was "stolen" from their ancesotos. Look, it is not about racism or hate. We just want them to immigrate legally, love the country, and to respect its laws. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by Bostonian123; 03-07-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 03-07-2009, 08:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It is basically about race. As we all know, the majority of illegals are latinos mainly fom mexico. Many of the supporters of illegal aliens on this forum are also latinos and they see it as an "attack" on their race, heritage, or culture. They can't see that the majority of us who are against illegal immigration are not anti-latino and we definitely do not hate Mexicans. We are made up of citizens and legal immigrants of many different races and ethnicities. We are just very frustrated with 20-30 million people entering into the country illegally in the span of 20 years. They have brought their poverty and crime with them. They break many of our laws and expect us to help them and accept them. When we try to make them leave, they attack us for being "racist." Some of them even claim that the land rightfully belongs to them because it was "stolen" from their ancesotos. Look, it is not about racism or hate. We just want them to immigrate legally, love the country, and to respect its laws. Is that too much to ask?
And said 'race card' is a farce anyway: there is no Hispanic race--------most Latinos in the USA both legal and well as illegal are actually Mestizos.

Flip side: the White Hispanics; if here at all in the USA are usually legal since they tend to be part of the elite in Mexico, etc. and have the $$$ and connections to get visas, etc.

Evidently the 'brown' Latinos do not have the courage to fight for their rights SOB due in part to the White supremacy of Mexico. The standard of beauty there is white skin and blue eyes which rules out probably 95% of all of the above nation's citizens.

Pretty damn sad.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And said 'race card' is a farce anyway: there is no Hispanic race--------most Latinos in the USA both legal and well as illegal are actually Mestizos.

Flip side: the White Hispanics; if here at all in the USA are usually legal since they tend to be part of the elite in Mexico, etc. and have the $$$ and connections to get visas, etc.

Evidently the 'brown' Latinos do not have the courage to fight for their rights SOB due in part to the White supremacy of Mexico. The standard of beauty there is white skin and blue eyes which rules out probably 95% of all of the above nation's citizens.

Pretty damn sad.
Arizona

I understand what you are saying but racism in Mexico is not our problem.

They need to stay in Mexico to fight for more rights and better government.

Whether you are a white mexican or brown mexican, you are welcome to immigrate legally to the US.

If you are here illegally, please go back home.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,176 times
Any viewpoints from pro-illegals?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 AM

177 posts, read 706,018 times
I don't support illegal immigration.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 AM

160 posts, read 342,553 times
I think US should forbid any(legal or illegal) immigration from Latin America for about 50 years at all. When Spanish language and pro-Mexican culture won't be so visible anymore then you can open the border again.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutocrat View Post
Hello everyone,

I must admit that I'm new to these forums and happened to be interested in the many viewpoints that some of you people have of illegal migration, whether they're in favor or opposed.

As for me, I'm on the fence when it comes to this issue.

I do happen to have a question for all of those who happen to be the most outspoken proponents of illegal migration (especially antialphabet, blacknight04, ocean2026):

Why do you support illegal migration? Do you support open borders? Do you believe that illegal immigrants should be able to use American government services? Should the US stop illegal migration?

Try to be as convincing as possible as well.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to all opinions.
NO, NO, NO except in the case of a health emergency, Yes.

Btw, just because we have different views on how to solve this problem doesn't mean we support illegal immigration or open borders.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Arizona

I understand what you are saying but racism in Mexico is not our problem.

They need to stay in Mexico to fight for more rights and better government.

Whether you are a white mexican or brown mexican, you are welcome to immigrate legally to the US.

If you are here illegally, please go back home.
Trust me: I am extremely anti illegal immigration.

As for Mexico' problems; that nation needs to grow up and take responsibility for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration