Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely why I don’t shop at Home Depot. They created this monster by allowing illegals to use their parking lots to solicit customers, and now they must suffer the consequences. They have lost many customers, and I suspect they will soon go out of business. I shop at Lowe’s, where I can enter and exit their stores without being subjected to hordes of menacing illegal aliens.
oh geez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Well... we have a situation that has it's pro's and con's.

Trouble is that the persons seeking work are here in the country ILLEGALLY. (undocumented aliens)

In calif they used to pester you while bringing material to your truck. (now they stand on the curb or sidewalk out in front). Apparently complaints were made.

Saw a hispanic man approach a women who showed resentment at being approached. She was not happy. With all the stuff going on today the person could have been a kidnapper. Sure as hell would not want my wife approached in this manner...anywhere.

Same place a man approached me and wanted to help me load my stuff...told him in SPANISH that I was physically able to load the truck myself.

His answer and resentment in Spanish was "that I did not even have .50c for him to help me".

The issue here is that they feel they can impose themselves on anyone... anytime... anywhere.

This is a common practice I have seen in my many yrs retired in Mexico.

They are just plain pushy and in your face when they want too with NO respect.. Steve

Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
I haven't seen them hanging out at HD here in Texas. Maybe they do in the big cities or at times I don't shop there, I dunno. If they drive HDs out of business, I'll be really upset. I buy a lot of things there -- Lowe's isn't competitive enough on everything.

But, the dang illegals in South Texas went door-to-door in neighborhoods looking for work, and if you didn't give them a job, you had a good chance of finding some of your property missing after they left. As a single mum, I'd never open the door more than an inch to them. They stole outdoor furniture, tools, planters, you name it. Really ticked me off but I'd never go out there alone and accompany them back to their old Mexican-plated pickups to make sure they didn't steal.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Well... we have a situation that has it's pro's and con's.

Trouble is that the persons seeking work are here in the country ILLEGALLY. (undocumented aliens)

In calif they used to pester you while bringing material to your truck. (now they stand on the curb or sidewalk out in front). Apparently complaints were made.

Saw a hispanic man approach a women who showed resentment at being approached. She was not happy. With all the stuff going on today the person could have been a kidnapper. Sure as hell would not want my wife approached in this manner...anywhere.

Same place a man approached me and wanted to help me load my stuff...told him in SPANISH that I was physically able to load the truck myself.

His answer and resentment in Spanish was "that I did not even have .50c for him to help me".

The issue here is that they feel they can impose themselves on anyone... anytime... anywhere.

This is a common practice I have seen in my many yrs retired in Mexico.

They are just plain pushy and in your face when they want too with NO respect.. Steve
I can certainly relate to this. I stopped shopping at Home Depot after being harassed by two illegals. They approached me at my car asking for work. I guess because I was carrying a can of paint they assumed I needed help painting. I politely informed them that I didn’t need any help, but they refused to leave. They kept standing next to my car. Again, I told them "thanks, but I don’t need any help." They continued to stand next to my car. I was reluctant to even open the door, not knowing if they would try to force their way into my car. I’m sorry, but as a petite woman, I felt threatened by their presence and behavior.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
I can certainly relate to this. I stopped shopping at Home Depot after being harassed by two illegals. They approached me at my car asking for work. I guess because I was carrying a can of paint they assumed I needed help painting. I politely informed them that I didn’t need any help, but they refused to leave. They kept standing next to my car. Again, I told them "thanks, but I don’t need any help." They continued to stand next to my car. I was reluctant to even open the door, not knowing if they would try to force their way into my car. I’m sorry, but as a petite woman, I felt threatened by their presence and behavior.
I am waiting for the illegal alien apologists to call you a racist now................

Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am waiting for the illegal alien apologists to call you a racist now................
I would have felt equally threatened had it been two black or white Americans. I don’t think any woman would have felt comfortable under those circumstances.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
I would have felt equally threatened had it been two black or white Americans. I don’t think any woman would have felt comfortable under those circumstances.
As you stated.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Assimilated Americans of ANY race would have understood your discomfort; that's just part and parcel of our culture...if they'd have acted like that ANYWAY, you'd have had every right to think of them as INTENTIONALLY MENACING you, and could have settled the problem by calling for help, etc etc.

People from OTHER cultures, unfamiliar with the local 'ways', may not understand your fear...or may even think that 'pressuring' or 'bullying' a woman is a way to 'make a point'. It leaves YOU on the defensive, having to 'second guess' these guys, and ultimately, deciding to take your business elsewhere.

Are these people "bad"? Not at home; there, it's the way things are done. But here..where YOU LIVE...these actions are 'bad' and 'rude'...and, to a woman, 'threatening'.

Lots to consider here as we move into the multicultural future, where nothing is 'wrong', only 'right' in a different way...and where YOUR ways, and MY ways, aren't the ONLY ways......and 'bad' or 'good' are all in the way you look at them.

It's enough to ruin a simple painting project, I realize. But a small price to pay for broadening our stuffy culture...right?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Assimilated Americans of ANY race would have understood your discomfort; that's just part and parcel of our culture...if they'd have acted like that ANYWAY, you'd have had every right to think of them as INTENTIONALLY MENACING you, and could have settled the problem by calling for help, etc etc.

People from OTHER cultures, unfamiliar with the local 'ways', may not understand your fear...or may even think that 'pressuring' or 'bullying' a woman is a way to 'make a point'. It leaves YOU on the defensive, having to 'second guess' these guys, and ultimately, deciding to take your business elsewhere.

Are these people "bad"? Not at home; there, it's the way things are done. But here..where YOU LIVE...these actions are 'bad' and 'rude'...and, to a woman, 'threatening'.

Lots to consider here as we move into the multicultural future, where nothing is 'wrong', only 'right' in a different way...and where YOUR ways, and MY ways, aren't the ONLY ways......and 'bad' or 'good' are all in the way you look at them.

It's enough to ruin a simple painting project, I realize. But a small price to pay for broadening our stuffy culture...right?
Soon we may be accused of discrimination for even entertaining the thought that these ‘good’ men may have ill intentions. It could even become a hate crime to deny them the ‘right’ to seek work, by any means necessary. As crazy as this country is becoming, nothing is too ridiculous to imagine.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Soon we may be accused of discrimination for even entertaining the thought that these ‘good’ men may have ill intentions. It could even become a hate crime to deny them the ‘right’ to seek work, by any means necessary. As crazy as this country is becoming, nothing is too ridiculous to imagine.
Agreed. I have spent many days deeply saddened and sleepless nights wondering what in the hell has happened to our once great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration