U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 PM

42 posts, read 79,176 times

Advertisements

We're making progress alright. But towards what? A civil war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,624,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True to form, you have taken macmeal’s comments and twisted them to suit your race-baiting agenda. Must EVERYTHING pertain to race with you? The OP and macmeal’s post relate to “immigrants” and the vast differences between previous immigrants, who actually wanted to become “American,” and the current crop who want the benefits of living in the U.S., but nothing else. The U.S. is seen as simply the Land of Milk & Honey -- a place to prosper, with no allegiance or desire to assimilate. These so-called immigrants would be equally as happy in Timbuktu, as long as the perks were comparable. I am reminded of gold diggers -- ANY man will do, as long as he’s wealthy; because ‘love’ is not a component of the relationship.

Yes, we had made progress. Now, the hard-fought progress is being decimated, thanks to pro-illegals who have turned the issue of illegal immigration into one of racism and hatred against Mexicans/Latinos/Hispanics. As long as pro-illegals continue to conflate legal/illegal immigration, and vilify all opposition as being racially motivated, race relations will continue to decline.

As a child, I lived through the tumultuous Civil Rights Movement, and have firsthand knowledge of “real” racism and discrimination. Thus, I am incensed by these spurious tactics employed by pro-illegals to recreate that era in an attempt to justify and support illegal immigration.

Racial intolerance, injustice, discrimination, etc. are NOT the OP. Furthermore, how do they relate to the attitudes of current immigrants, or the entitlement mentality of ingrate illegal aliens?
Thanks....SOMEBODY out there 'gets it', at least.....and yes, that equating the position of illegals today with Blacks in Mississippi in 1950 DOES get a little wearisome, to say the least. There's "civil rights", and there's "silly concessions"....and these are two VERY different things...(just like the "Nazis" who overran Europe 70 years ago are a little different than the "Nazis" today who oppose illegal immigration).

Thanks for 'getting it'.....

Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,900,558 times
Quote:
True to form, you have taken macmeal’s comments and twisted them to suit your race-baiting agenda. Must EVERYTHING pertain to race with you? The OP and macmeal’s post relate to “immigrants” and the vast differences between previous immigrants, who actually wanted to become “American,” and the current crop who want the benefits of living in the U.S., but nothing else. The U.S. is seen as simply the Land of Milk & Honey -- a place to prosper, with no allegiance or desire to assimilate. These so-called immigrants would be equally as happy in Timbuktu, as long as the perks were comparable. I am reminded of gold diggers -- ANY man will do, as long as he’s wealthy; because ‘love’ is not a component of the relationship.

Yes, we had made progress. Now, the hard-fought progress is being decimated, thanks to pro-illegals who have turned the issue of illegal immigration into one of racism and hatred against Mexicans/Latinos/Hispanics. As long as pro-illegals continue to conflate legal/illegal immigration, and vilify all opposition as being racially motivated, race relations will continue to decline.

As a child, I lived through the tumultuous Civil Rights Movement, and have firsthand knowledge of “real” racism and discrimination. Thus, I am incensed by these spurious tactics employed by pro-illegals to recreate that era in an attempt to justify and support illegal immigration.

Racial intolerance, injustice, discrimination, etc. are NOT the OP. Furthermore, how do they relate to the attitudes of current immigrants, or the entitlement mentality of ingrate illegal aliens?
This is not a personal attack ,but I feel like you attack all of my posts, EDIT:never mind. even if its not attack, wouldn't want the "moderators" to get worked up.
It went over your head as usual, and I made NO comment on Latinos, or illegal immigration at all, I was talking about race relations. So move along. You don't have to attack everything I say, and your comments arent taken seriously be me, or welcomed at all.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks....SOMEBODY out there 'gets it', at least.....and yes, that equating the position of illegals today with Blacks in Mississippi in 1950 DOES get a little wearisome, to say the least. There's "civil rights", and there's "silly concessions"....and these are two VERY different things...(just like the "Nazis" who overran Europe 70 years ago are a little different than the "Nazis" today who oppose illegal immigration).

Thanks for 'getting it'.....
Of course she "gets it", she agrees with you, haha.
You know very well I didn't even bring up illegal immigration, and was running with the ball that you started.
Your view on society, and your pessimistic predictions are warped.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
This is not a personal attack ,but I feel like you attack all of my posts, so I'll just say: get lost.
It went over your head as usual, and I made NO comment on Latinos, or illegal immigration at all, I was talking about race relations. So move along. You don't have to attack everything I say, and your comments are taken seriously be me, or welcomed at all.
Please don’t flatter yourself. I have much better things to do than to “attack” your posts. I expressed an opinion -- nothing more, nothing less. Consider yourself ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yldrosie View Post
Yes, a civil war. Start digging a bomb shelter, please.
And don't forget to make a hat out of tinfoil. It deflects radiation.

26 posts, read 59,996 times
And you live in California???????? You people are the squatters on land that was stolen from Mexico. You are living in occupied Mexico. Face reality and clam up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yldrosie View Post
Not a 'civil war'..that won't happen. What COULD happen is a disintegration into a rough, tough, divided society of mutually-hostile 'interest groups', each group jealously looking out for its own, and making sure the 'others' don't 'get away with anything'.....and all of this under a suffocating set of draconian laws that WE will have insisted upon imposing on OURSELVES....in order to 'protect us from each other'. (Ever wonder why so many Southern Californians, etc., pay good money, and go through considerable 'hassle', to live in GATED communities? I know why...)

America won't undergo civil war....it may just trun out to go the way of MOST multicultural nations around the world...Yugoslavia, South Africa, the Soviet Union, Congo, Liberia, Georgia, Chechnya, Sri Lanka, Iraq.....places where 'group identity' is stronger by far than any sense of 'unity' among the populace. In time, there may be a very close parallel, for example, between what it means to be 'Hispanic', in the USA, and what it means to be 'Kurdish' in Iraq; or to be 'Armenian', in Turkey...except here in the US, we have WAY more 'groups' than most countries.

Better get it together, guys !!..

Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Please don’t flatter yourself. I have much better things to do than to “attack” your posts. I expressed an opinion -- nothing more, nothing less. Consider yourself ignored.
You did all the twisting of words yourself. Point out how what I was saying relates to illegal immigration.
Typical rant from you.
All worked up, no substance.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulscott View Post
And you live in California???????? You people are the squatters on land that was stolen from Mexico. You are living in occupied Mexico. Face reality and clam up.
Yes......(sigh).....so I've heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration