U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:55 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What, you starting to get worried.
He a little to close to home?????
Zero to worry about...I love how you losers want to attack my citizenship when you have no better argument. I know where I come from and people from my Country fight for their rights... People from this country I'm talking about are not yellow and do not allow men like Sheriff Joe to do as he pleases...People from my country protect their constitutional rights...Surely you are not from this great Country I speak of...No way...In fact, I question your American loyalty and spirit....As a famous lyric says, did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? Looks like you did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny: but Sheriff Joe agrees with your opinion as well.
Rhetoric...And Shaq downplays losing with the Phoenix suns...

He really wants to stay and win...

You should know that people have to put a happy face on for the media...and Sheriff Joe is a master of this. The fact is that this man is very secretive (won't even use email because emails can be subpoenaed) and he wants no part of government officials looking at his books...

Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,135,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
They always do this... Even under Obama, I doubt that his wuss lawyers will have the cajones to tackle Joe Arpaio...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
They always do this... Even under Obama, I doubt that his wuss lawyers will have the cajones to tackle Joe Arpaio...
From what I have read, Eric Holder is no pushover...What does he have to fear from Sheriff Joe? Absolutely nothing...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
They should clone him and send him to Los Angeles.

Go Joe!!!!
Ha!
LA wouldn't take him. The desert can keep him.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
What, you starting to get worried.
He a little to close to home?????
OHHHH! You're calling him an illegal because he disagrees with you! JAWSOME!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have been profiled by apirport security every time (4 flights) between ca. 1999-2000 due in part to my looking like a Hippie/Redneck/eco-terrorist (scraggly beard, jeans, tie dyed shirt, etc.). I have not been on a plane since (no need).

Did I take offence? Hell no! The authorities were doing their job and I had nothing to hide.
Yeah, getting profiled because of a poor choice of wardrobe and being unkempt is definitely the same as getting profiled because of how you were born to look like.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Draws two pensions, gets paid to be Sherriff instead of working free, owns property...AND has the gall to keep his finances private? SOMEBODY better go after this crook NOW.

Why not just disband the whole Sherriff's Department and let people take care of themselves? I'm SURE we could do a better job....CHEAPER, too. We'd have a LOT less people being 'violated', as well.

I say INVESTIGATE JOE AND his crooked Department. LET THE PEOPLE FREE !!.....

Amen....
Wow, you sure like the assume the worst for some people, and the best for others. Why would you question the finances of the "sherriff"? He deserves his privacy. It's not like he keeps a high profile and seeks the limelight for grandstanding or anything like that.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 AM

795 posts, read 2,037,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Do I see a shiny new Mall Security badge in Joe's future? I hope so!
-Joe - is a four-term-plus sheriff elected by the tax paying American citizens of Maricopa County.

AND

Submitted by Robert Wechsler on Mon, 2009-01-05 16:29.
The rest of the story...

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon when there's criticism involved. Judging by your area code you are far and away removed from "mariposa" county (it's MariCopa), and yet you will take opinions as fact, and decide that you actually know what you are talking about, when in fact, you have been carefully fed just the parts of the story that the news media in Phoenix wants you to have, and you follow their tune like a child mesmerized by the Pied Piper.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection.

Last edited by Yac; 03-12-2009 at 04:47 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, getting profiled because of a poor choice of wardrobe and being unkempt is definitely the same as getting profiled because of how you were born to look like.
Poor choice of wardrobe in whose opinion? Dressing in such a manner is my choice so I have to accept the consequences of doing so............

Flip side: 'prejudice' is a weird animal: whenever I see a (probable) Latino dressed well by WASP standards; I immediately think Sicilian---------not Hispanic.

The stereotype is that clothes do make the man or woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or