U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times

Advertisements

when it rains it pours...Did you really think this abuser of civil rights wouldn't meet his day?

Quote:
On Wednesday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, D-Mich., also announced he would hold hearings into the complaints against the sheriff.

Source is AZ Central
Quote:
"It means the Democrats are running Washington," Attwell said. "Isn't Arpaio the one who made it political? It's not like he went about his job quietly."
Bingo!!! Someone gets it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 09:54 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
when it rains it pours...Did you really think this abuser of civil rights wouldn't meet his day?

Bingo!!! Someone gets it....
No great words of wisdom here today....I just find it a bit ironic that Conyers of Michigan, whose state just this week sunk to the very BOTTOM of the heap, with the nation's HIGHEST unemployment rate, (and whose state contains what is arguably one of the most DEVASTED and crime-ridden large cities in America....Detroit)...is able to find the time to hunt down recalcitrant cowboy sherrifs in far-off Arizona.

Maybe busting the flamboyant "Joe" is easier than tackling the situation back home (?)....

Or maybe not...

(Let's just say the debate over Arpaio COULD become intense.....get it? ..."In TENTS"?)

Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Poor choice of wardrobe in whose opinion? Dressing in such a manner is my choice so I have to accept the consequences of doing so............

Flip side: 'prejudice' is a weird animal: whenever I see a (probable) Latino dressed well by WASP standards; I immediately think Sicilian---------not Hispanic.

The stereotype is that clothes do make the man or woman.
In the opinion of the person who "profiled" you. And its your "choice", so you ask for it if youre profiled.You'd be a fool if you werent okay with it. Others are profiled for where they live or how they were born to look, and sometimes for both.

And yeah, I'm not surprised by you having that kind of prejudice. You demonstrate it here daily. That "Flip Side" perfectly shows your bias and prejudice toward Latinos better than any "pro-illegals" ever could.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
As a sailor stationed in Norfolk VA. I was profiled often. Why? Because so many young sailors insist on living the stereo type. Although I found it annoying and inconveinent I put the blame where it belonged. On my fellow squids who insisted on acting the fool.
Sailors and dogs keep off the grass. A common sign in the day. Police watched for the NAS sticker on cars and would pull you over to check to see if you were a D U I.
In the case of illegals and legal hispanics. Blame the illegals who without regard to our laws, our rights, or plain old good manners trespassed into our country. Blame the facilitators who help, who hide, who support such activities. Blame the folks who know and dont report violators.
Joe may be less than perfect but I'll take him over a do nothing any time.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
In the opinion of the person who "profiled" you. And its your "choice", so you ask for it if youre profiled.You'd be a fool if you werent okay with it. Others are profiled for where they live or how they were born to look, and sometimes for both.

And yeah, I'm not surprised by you having that kind of prejudice. You demonstrate it here daily. That "Flip Side" perfectly shows your bias and prejudice toward Latinos better than any "pro-illegals" ever could.
I place a lot of the blame on the putative 'Hispanic' community with so many of their members acting like PW Trash hillbillies. Such behavior reflects badly on all Latinos-------and, quite a few Latinos agree with my opinion.

Sad.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,558,019 times
Good job government, lets attack a man taking care of the problem rather than deal with the problem itself. Lets just let all these drug dealers and killers in the country then, if we do nothing to stop them and investigate those that try whats the point.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Zero to worry about...I love how you losers want to attack my citizenship when you have no better argument. I know where I come from and people from my Country fight for their rights... People from this country I'm talking about are not yellow and do not allow men like Sheriff Joe to do as he pleases...People from my country protect their constitutional rights...Surely you are not from this great Country I speak of...No way...In fact, I question your American loyalty and spirit....As a famous lyric says, did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? Looks like you did...
Been keeping up with this thread, but, i keep comming back to this 1 post. Got a question or two for you? Who are you callling losers and who's attacking your citizenship? Sounds to me like you are the one without an argument, just a lot of rhetoric. Who are you calling yellow and what country are you from? How do you "not allow" an officer of the law to do his job? I don't think you qualify to "Question" anybodys loyalty and spirit no matter where "your country" is. Sheriff Joe Arapio does his job, enough said. Oh, btw, who is the"famous lyric"? Fill me in on that. ok?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I place a lot of the blame on the putative 'Hispanic' community with so many of their members acting like PW Trash hillbillies. Such behavior reflects badly on all Latinos-------and, quite a few Latinos agree with my opinion.

Sad.
You realize your own prejudice, and you try to find excuses for it? Are you really that helpless or weak minded to not be able to get over your own prejudice that you can openly acknowledge?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Been keeping up with this thread, but, i keep comming back to this 1 post. Got a question or two for you? Who are you callling losers and who's attacking your citizenship? Sounds to me like you are the one without an argument, just a lot of rhetoric. Who are you calling yellow and what country are you from? How do you "not allow" an officer of the law to do his job? I don't think you qualify to "Question" anybodys loyalty and spirit no matter where "your country" is. Sheriff Joe Arapio does his job, enough said. Oh, btw, who is the"famous lyric"? Fill me in on that. ok?
Google the famous lyric...

And my country is the United states of America...The losers is the one who questioned my citizenship...just because I refuse to think like he or she does...

Joe Arapio is as crooked as they come. He violates civil rights and he is very politically motivated. On top of that he is a certified media wh*re...

If your willing to overlook that then that is good for you...key word being you...

Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,747,010 times
Quote:
Zero to worry about...I love how you losers want to attack my citizenship when you have no better argument. I know where I come from and people from my Country fight for their rights... People from this country I'm talking about are not yellow and do not allow men like Sheriff Joe to do as he pleases...People from my country protect their constitutional rights...Surely you are not from this great Country I speak of...No way...In fact, I question your American loyalty and spirit....As a famous lyric says, did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? Looks like you did...
If your country is so great, then why the hell are you here? Why don't you get your arrogant little butt back to your perfect, superior little country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or