Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,109,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Nah...he is set. He triple dips...draws two pensions and gets paid for being Sheriff.

Add that he owns a lot of property around Phoenix. Of course his finances are not public and he has never answered how he owns property that values in the millions.

He is as crooked as they come...The investigation is great news!!
Funny: but Sheriff Joe agrees with your opinion as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,478 times
Quote:
No, it is good news for Americans who have had their civil rights violated by this man.
When was the last time you went to the airport and were pulled out of line by security and searched?? While none of us like the invasive procedures at the airport, we all understand why we have to put up with it. In the long run, we have to tolerate a bit of a loss of our civil liberties in order to ensure our safety. As an American citizen who is not a terrorist, I have nothing to hide, and so I just suck it up and go along with it.

And that's exactly what all the Mexican-Americans who are mistakenly targeted by Sheriff Joe should do. If you're in this country legally, then you have nothing to worry about. Suck it up for heaven's sake! The overall good that Sheriff Joe is doing is for YOU, the American citizen. Keeping the illegals out of this country is in all American citizens' best interests.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,548,157 times
Quote:
Nah...he is set. He triple dips...draws two pensions and gets paid for being Sheriff.

Add that he owns a lot of property around Phoenix. Of course his finances are not public and he has never answered how he owns property that values in the millions.

He is as crooked as they come...The investigation is great news!!
Draws two pensions, gets paid to be Sherriff instead of working free, owns property...AND has the gall to keep his finances private? SOMEBODY better go after this crook NOW.

Why not just disband the whole Sherriff's Department and let people take care of themselves? I'm SURE we could do a better job....CHEAPER, too. We'd have a LOT less people being 'violated', as well.

I say INVESTIGATE JOE AND his crooked Department. LET THE PEOPLE FREE !!.....

Amen....

Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
When was the last time you went to the airport and were pulled out of line by security and searched?? While none of us like the invasive procedures at the airport, we all understand why we have to put up with it. In the long run, we have to tolerate a bit of a loss of our civil liberties in order to ensure our safety. As an American citizen who is not a terrorist, I have nothing to hide, and so I just suck it up and go along with it.

And that's exactly what all the Mexican-Americans who are mistakenly targeted by Sheriff Joe should do. If you're in this country legally, then you have nothing to worry about. Suck it up for heaven's sake! The overall good that Sheriff Joe is doing is for YOU, the American citizen. Keeping the illegals out of this country is in all American citizens' best interests.
I have been profiled by apirport security every time (4 flights) between ca. 1999-2000 due in part to my looking like a Hippie/Redneck/eco-terrorist (scraggly beard, jeans, tie dyed shirt, etc.). I have not been on a plane since (no need).

Did I take offence? Hell no! The authorities were doing their job and I had nothing to hide.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,298,744 times
Quote:
What, you starting to get worried.
He a little to close to home?????

Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,298,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have been profiled by apirport security every time (4 flights) between ca. 1999-2000 due in part to my looking like a Hippie/Redneck/eco-terrorist (scraggly beard, jeans, tie dyed shirt, etc.). I have not been on a plane since (no need).

Did I take offence? Hell no! The authorities were doing their job and I had nothing to hide.
You could have been just a little less descriptive neighbor..................

Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
You could have been just a little less descriptive neighbor..................
Nah..............just making a 'little' point that there is nothing wrong with Profiling---------it is a legit LE tool

Old 03-11-2009, 10:25 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,630,999 times
The key here is that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. But if you do have something to hide you have much to fear. Apparently the apologizers are complaining about a few legals getting hassled along with the vast numbers of illegals apprehended? Well, that's going to happen when legals let illegals live freely among them, like they do, and never ever turning an illegal in.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,435,714 times
This is a no story! He is a hero in AZ and everywhere else in the USA that takes fighting crime seriously!

We need more like him.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,807,196 times
They should clone him and send him to Los Angeles.

Go Joe!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration