Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 PM

365 posts, read 754,997 times

Advertisements

Marketplace: Can fines stop illegal immigration? (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/02/22/undocumented_worker_fines/ - broken link)

That's Mark Krikorian with the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that seeks to reduce immigration to the U.S.
Krikorian: Through most of the Bush administration, issuance of these fines essentially stopped. In 2004, only three employers in the entire United States were fined for hiring illegal aliens. Three.

U.S. government officials are raising the fines for companies hiring illegal immigrants by 25%.

wow...25% and 3 violations....
are we that stupid....our government...corporations brought them here irresponsible now we want to kick them out...

if you invite fellows to work....by you i do not mean a regular joe...I mean the forbes 500 ......
then make sure
THERES A FREAKING REFORM FIRST....because now...their being witch hunted and being scapegoats of all the effected locals..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,629,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
Marketplace: Can fines stop illegal immigration? (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/02/22/undocumented_worker_fines/ - broken link)

That's Mark Krikorian with the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that seeks to reduce immigration to the U.S.
Krikorian: Through most of the Bush administration, issuance of these fines essentially stopped. In 2004, only three employers in the entire United States were fined for hiring illegal aliens. Three.

U.S. government officials are raising the fines for companies hiring illegal immigrants by 25%.

wow...25% and 3 violations....
are we that stupid....our government...corporations brought them here irresponsible now we want to kick them out...

if you invite fellows to work....by you i do not mean a regular joe...I mean the forbes 500 ......
then make sure
THERES A FREAKING REFORM FIRST....because now...their being witch hunted and being scapegoats of all the effected locals..

Well, yeah, jorge betrayed his conservative base on illegal immigration on his way to becoming one of the most unpopular Presidents in history. The US Chamber of Commerce, the primary lobbyist group for the scumbag employers of illegals, was instrumental in buying corrupt politicians to keep the border essentially wide open and the cheap labor flowing. The main problem was that the cheap illegal labor provided cheap labor for a few select industries, undercut the wages for low skilled American workers and was SUBSIDIZED by the American taxpayers, and wasn't really cheap at all overall.

On the other hand, the illegals, as ignorant as they are, knew perfectly well that they were here ILLEGALLY. Did the illegals, as ignorant as they are, honestly think that they would get to stay here indefinitely? Wasn't the illegals basic philosophy that of breaking in and making as much money as possible before they were caught and kicked out, anyway? Don't these so called witch hunts merely result in a trip back to beautiful Mexico? And with the border still essentially wide open the deportees can still be back in the US in a matter of days? So why all of the whining?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, yeah, jorge betrayed his conservative base on illegal immigration on his way to becoming one of the most unpopular Presidents in history. The US Chamber of Commerce, the primary lobbyist group for the scumbag employers of illegals, was instrumental in buying corrupt politicians to keep the border essentially wide open and the cheap labor flowing. The main problem was that the cheap illegal labor provided cheap labor for a few select industries, undercut the wages for low skilled American workers and was SUBSIDIZED by the American taxpayers, and wasn't really cheap at all overall.

On the other hand, the illegals, as ignorant as they are, knew perfectly well that they were here ILLEGALLY. Did the illegals, as ignorant as they are, honestly think that they would get to stay here indefinitely? Wasn't the illegals basic philosophy that of breaking in and making as much money as possible before they were caught and kicked out, anyway? Don't these so called witch hunts merely result in a trip back to beautiful Mexico? And with the border still essentially wide open the deportees can still be back in the US in a matter of days? So why all of the whining?

yeah if you were talking about 1,000 to 100,000 thousanths...
not millions...again...and you know so far I like the way you think ....
but tell me reasonable..why were they subsidy? the companies? the true form of capitalism...is to let money reapt the highest profits..true or not?
then all that subsidising was really money that would have ended up in china or brazil or mexico...NO? the thing is that again the illegal..is the one less to blame...

when they bought property why did the goverment permit it?
cars? etc etc....the reason I tell you this because i have seen it in my community...and I think that it wasnt the illegals...
it was the banks...corporations....the CONSUMERS..THAT FEED ON THEM....
THATS WHY...deport all you want...but next time do mexico and the rest of the world a favor....
deport once a year....after your deportation mode that way...
youre not thinking of deporting over 12 to 20 million people at once....
and remember mexico "contributes with 60 percent of the illegal problem.....

Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM

and the funny thing is
that the politicians and the chamber of commerce that supported all this...are hiding under the constant bombarment of what they created...
YOURE LEADERS...the enforcers...

and who put them in power? i can name you a lot of politicians right now..
obama...macain...pelosi....bush....that support amensty
but now

is like illegals where the pets of the elites...but since the elites have gone bankrupt with all of this...
there just going to leave their human pets...in the lanscape of america to fend for themselves....

Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
[/color]

yeah if you were talking about 1,000 to 100,000 thousanths...
not millions...again...and you know so far I like the way you think ....
but tell me reasonable..why were they subsidy? the companies? the true form of capitalism...is to let money reapt the highest profits..true or not?
then all that subsidising was really money that would have ended up in china or brazil or mexico...NO? the thing is that again the illegal..is the one less to blame...

when they bought property why did the goverment permit it?
cars? etc etc....the reason I tell you this because i have seen it in my community...and I think that it wasnt the illegals...
it was the banks...corporations....the CONSUMERS..THAT FEED ON THEM....
THATS WHY...deport all you want...but next time do mexico and the rest of the world a favor....
deport once a year....after your deportation mode that way...
youre not thinking of deporting over 12 to 20 million people at once....
and remember mexico "contributes with 60 percent of the illegal problem.....
By the taxpayers subsidizing illegals I'm talking about the bankrupt Hospitals, the overcrowded ruined schools, the cost of incarcerating illegals, the loss of tax revenue when non taxpaying illegals displace taxpaying citizens, illegally obtained welfare in the billions, etc. By using universal mandatory e-verification, with massive fines to any company illegally hiring illegals, and strictly barring the illegals from obtaining welfare, the majority of illegals wouldn't be able to support themselves in this country and would have to self deport themselves back to......Mexico.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
and the funny thing is
that the politicians and the chamber of commerce that supported all this...are hiding under the constant bombarment of what they created...

but now

is like illegals where the pets of the elites...but since the elites have gone bankrupt with all of this...
there just going to leave their human pets...in the lanscape of america to fend for themselves....
Oh well-------------deport said illegals and problem solved.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,399 times
Quote:
and the funny thing is

but now

Then all we need to do is call Animal Control.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM

26 posts, read 66,715 times
The companies are rarely fined, although it is illegal to hire undocumented workers. Reagan made sure to leave employers an out in his 1986 amnesty bill (that was amnesty, Republicans, not the earned legalization being talked about today. But we won't talk about REAGAN"S amnesty, now will we, Republicans?) Under his law, the employer is not charged with being an expert in the validity of documents. Show anything, show a green card written in crayola, the employer makes a copy of it and is off the hook. That is not by accident, Republicans. So, the so called "illegal" gets the blame and takes the heat, not Mr. Employer.

And under Bush, workplace prosecution of the employers was almost nothing.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
and the funny thing is

but now

The employers of illegals have hired the US Chamber of Commerce to buy off the politicians for open borders and cheap illegal labor. Who put the politicians in power? Well, the ruling elites pick who will run for office. The people finally get to vote on which of the politicians the people like that the ruling elites have picked.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
By the taxpayers subsidizing illegals I'm talking about the bankrupt Hospitals, the overcrowded ruined schools, the cost of incarcerating illegals, the loss of tax revenue when non taxpaying illegals displace taxpaying citizens, illegally obtained welfare in the billions, etc. By using universal mandatory e-verification, with massive fines to any company illegally hiring illegals, and strictly barring the illegals from obtaining welfare, the majority of illegals wouldn't be able to support themselves in this country and would have to self deport themselves back to......Mexico.

youre right and tell me again were companies fine in
1987? give me numbers..
1988?
1989?
1990?
91.92.93.94.95.96.97.98.99.00.01.02.03.04.05.06.07 .08.09

could you have imagined all the fines and subsidies that companies received? by not paying there share of cost that illegals created?
again not illegals fault and I can assure you that
a lot do pay taxes if they work for a company that at the end of the term
provide you with a w-2 at the end of the year...

now I think that the corporations did these to stay competitive as a business and not having to relocate to china, or some other cheap labor country....so the taxpayer has not lost billions like they tend to exagerated....because if the elites pay HALF OF FEDERAL TAXES...cant
imagine what an elite highly subsidied company generated....in income
in exports....
they just mass so much capital....to reinvest..and stay on top...
and again it just shows you
how some people think...
"call animal control" lol....
we vote...consume is like voting as well...
america is at his own default for not enforcing laws...
not
ILLEGALS...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration