Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 PM

26 posts, read 66,576 times

Advertisements

For all of you on this forum who call yourself Christians and talk as you do, a word of advice:

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Hebrews 13:2

Old 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM

26,679 posts, read 41,529,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulscott View Post
For all of you on this forum who call yourself Christians and talk as you do, a word of advice:

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Another word of advice:

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

Romans 13:1-7 NLT

Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM

595 posts, read 2,735,617 times
Does the Bible also encourage us to break the law?

Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,495,212 times
Quote:

Are you suggesting our illegal aliens are angelic beings? If so, you know absolutely nothing about angels. Furthermore, how on earth is this even remotely related to the issue of illegal immigration or any form of immigration? Perhaps you should post this in the Religion Forum.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,598,928 times
Well, since I worship Oak trees as my ancestors did I really do not care what your bible says about illegal aliens -- and who knew they had them in Judea?
Anyhoo - I'll go and make a blood offering at the foot of my oak tree and see if it chimes in with an opinion...

Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,510,057 times
As a member of the biggest 'pro-illegal' group in California myself (the Catholic Church) I'm very familiar with what "Jesus said", and how it doesn't ALWAYS agree 100% with what goes on today. Jesus obviuosly LOVED the poor.....He often spoke of this. Other than THAT, I'm not sure exactly what Jesus would say, if he suddenly 'showed up' here today.

My own 'gut feeling' would be that Jesus would be VERY UNHAPPY with many things that are happening today, 98% of them having NOTHING to do with illegal immigration; and I'm sure He'd be critical of modern Americans; yet I'm sure He may be critical of many illegals, as well.

Be that as it may, are you SURE you want to bring Jesus into the discussion? What if he showed up, and wanted to talk about OTHER things, besides illegals? What THEN?

I think we better use our own 'intuition' on this, and if Jesus wants to comment, I'm sure we'll listen. Meanwhile, we're left with the common sense He gave us.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,598,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
As a member of the biggest 'pro-illegal' group in California myself (the Catholic Church) I'm very familiar with what "Jesus said", and how it doesn't ALWAYS agree 100% with what goes on today. Jesus obviuosly LOVED the poor.....He often spoke of this. Other than THAT, I'm not sure exactly what Jesus would say, if he suddenly 'showed up' here today.

My own 'gut feeling' would be that Jesus would be VERY UNHAPPY with many things that are happening today, 98% of them having NOTHING to do with illegal immigration; and I'm sure He'd be critical of modern Americans; yet I'm sure He may be critical of many illegals, as well.

Be that as it may, are you SURE you want to bring Jesus into the discussion? What if he showed up, and wanted to talk about OTHER things, besides illegals? What THEN?

I think we better use our own 'intuition' on this, and if Jesus wants to comment, I'm sure we'll listen. Meanwhile, we're left with the common sense He gave us.

Exactly what Cernunnos said

Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,510,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Exactly what Cernunnos said
Not familiar with the guy...but he MUST have been intelligent...

Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:

One of the Ten Commandments states:

Thou shalt not steal.

And BTW: I am a Unitarian/Wiccan Witch----------never mind that most of my personal moral code follows mainstream Christianity/Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.