U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 06:18 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,061,125 times

Advertisements

I remember, "back in the day", it was a common thing, almost kind of a joke in the end, but african americans would always blame the "man", which im most cases was the "white man" for their dissapointments, not being able to get a job, not progressing, not being able to climb out of poverty, etc etc..... after obama became elected, theyre was a great sence of hope amongst african americans, that anything was possible, that anything could be accomolished, which is great, with hard work, the skys the limit, more power to all brothers and sisters!!!! Nowadays though, blue collar white americans, blame their mishaps and everything else on the "brown man" Always complaining that they take away their jobs, that they lower wages, blah blah blah......Simply put, if your worried about mexicans/illegals/chicanos/hispanics taking "your jobs "get an education, get a degree, if you worried about losing your job at mickey dees, son your not aiming that high, so stop complaining, get your butt to school, and stop blaiming the brown man for your inadequacy !!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:58 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,662,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
I remember, "back in the day", it was a common thing, almost kind of a joke in the end, but african americans would always blame the "man", which im most cases was the "white man" for their dissapointments, not being able to get a job, not progressing, not being able to climb out of poverty, etc etc..... after obama became elected, theyre was a great sence of hope amongst african americans, that anything was possible, that anything could be accomolished, which is great, with hard work, the skys the limit, more power to all brothers and sisters!!!! Nowadays though, blue collar white americans, blame their mishaps and everything else on the "brown man" Always complaining that they take away their jobs, that they lower wages, blah blah blah......Simply put, if your worried about mexicans/illegals/chicanos/hispanics taking "your jobs "get an education, get a degree, if you worried about losing your job at mickey dees, son your not aiming that high, so stop complaining, get your butt to school, and stop blaiming the brown man for your inadequacy !!!!
My, my, my: the desperation is palpable amongst you pro illegal alien apologists---------blaming everybody but your brethren for screwing up things.

BTW: care to explain why American Blacks are upset with illegals as well?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,045,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
So wait -- are you saying the mexicans/illegals/chicanos/hispanics are only capable of doing 'crap' work? Like Mickey dees and other dead end no brains required work?
If racists like yourself are the forefront of the illegal immigration movement I would say that you guys have a problem with self hatred. You should get help for that.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 PM

362 posts, read 679,641 times
I don't blame anybody on this board, if the "MAN" wants to get me he could've done it a long time ago, that's a black t hing, I don't care for none of that conspiracy nonsense. Go talk to Louis Farrakahn about that

Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 PM

3,225 posts, read 2,873,144 times
Default It's simple.

If you are here illegally, you are a part of the problem. You are here illegally, you are breaking the law, you began breaking the law the moment you entered our country. There is no line of argument that can defeat this simple premise. Citizens of this country are expected to obey the laws of our country. This should go double for anyone found here who didn't even have the decency to go through the proper channels before entering our country. We have enough of our own criminals, we do not need another 20 or 30 million.

Sure, most are not violent criminals. But they are still criminals. I am not a violent criminal, but I have gotten in trouble and I had to face the consequences. Stop trying to change the fact that these people are in fact, criminals. You are only going to get through to those people who do not care or believe in our system. And those few, those happy few, don't hold to much sway here in America. Illegals should count themselves lucky our government is so slack when it comes to enforcing these laws.

Because if it were left up to the common man, our country would be nearly illegal alien free. Because unlike our esteemed representatives, we actually want to take up for the legal citizens of this country. We want what is best for us, not what is best for other countries. Stop the charade, and start spreading the word that all illegal aliens should return home and begin the legal process of becoming an American citizen. If any person does not at least have that little bit of respect for this country and our laws, they do not deserve to be here. No matter how many kids they have, and no matter how many hours they will work. The law is the law. We have to live by it, and so do the illegals.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM

365 posts, read 668,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
If you are here illegally, you are a part of the problem. You are here illegally, you are breaking the law, you began breaking the law the moment you entered our country. There is no line of argument that can defeat this simple premise. Citizens of this country are expected to obey the laws of our country. This should go double for anyone found here who didn't even have the decency to go through the proper channels before entering our country. We have enough of our own criminals, we do not need another 20 or 30 million.

Sure, most are not violent criminals. But they are still criminals. I am not a violent criminal, but I have gotten in trouble and I had to face the consequences. Stop trying to change the fact that these people are in fact, criminals. You are only going to get through to those people who do not care or believe in our system. And those few, those happy few, don't hold to much sway here in America. Illegals should count themselves lucky our government is so slack when it comes to enforcing these laws.

Because if it were left up to the common man, our country would be nearly illegal alien free. Because unlike our esteemed representatives, we actually want to take up for the legal citizens of this country. We want what is best for us, not what is best for other countries. Stop the charade, and start spreading the word that all illegal aliens should return home and begin the legal process of becoming an American citizen. If any person does not at least have that little bit of respect for this country and our laws, they do not deserve to be here. No matter how many kids they have, and no matter how many hours they will work. The law is the law. We have to live by it, and so do the illegals.
the funny things is you mention everyone except the middle men....
corporations...fined them to death..for bringing and attracting illegals in the first place...
deport all of them...
and let nature takes it course....
but again just observe japan...
population stagnates...individuals became so productive and at the same time to expensive...that they have no choice but to take their money and invest in third world countries to stay competitive....and save the money they spend in wages.....again...and I keep repeating....let nature keeps its course...and in some remote future you will see that it wasnt that bad....
when illegals are breaking the laws...

is because your
goverment is breaking them...
corporations are breaking them..
and small business...are breaking them....
so why not the ignorant with a 7 grade education that if you wave 250 dollars a week will practically work and do anything...to send back...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,697,306 times
Oh good lord....

Old 03-12-2009, 12:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,084,045 times
There is a little truth, but the situation is a lot more complicated. Those people are mad that time forgot them, or rather that they did not adapt. Blue collar jobs are outsourced and automated. Many still have hope in having the same type of job their fathers and grandfathers had. However, they don't realize that the world has changed. That globalization is changing the face of America's industry. There is also a culture, that is slowly changing, against green energy. The whole big truck, monster car mentality does not mend well with solar panels and hybrids. This bias needs to change in order to convince people to work in green collar jobs. Instead, many do blame it on things like affirmative action or illegal immigration. Not on the fact that the market dictates how labor is done and where. So they do not adapt, or are very slow to adapt. Social Darwinism of the 21st century.

However, illegal immigrants do depress wages. These wages are in low, low end work. So low end, that many citizens would not take these jobs. Even in today's economic state. Few people lower their employment standard to such a degree. Going from CEO to secretary...maybe, but going from secretary to gardener or working in the garment district, no. The reason why Blacks in LA specifically are mad is mostly due to the lack of manufacturing jobs. In the 1970s-1990s there were huge manufacturing job losses in LA. Coupled with the riots in the 1990s and the push for middle class Blacks to move to the suburbs, the ones who stayed were unable to adapt. The depression in wages for some jobs was only the icing on the cake.

My point is that, yes illegal immigration can cause wage depression...but factors such as globalization and our shift into a service sector economy and even cultural factors preventing green collar jobs (and college education...the "wuss" factor) need to be taken into consideration as well. The blue collar of America is in crisis, it needs to adapt before it goes extinct. Again, survival of the fittest.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 AM

8,872 posts, read 9,003,761 times
It's a bird...it's a plane...no...it's another race baiting thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration