U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
poll from economist..not average joes...
they only say what
lou dobbs and the other retards say...
I am a 'average Joe' who feels that illegal aliens are a net liability.

So: calling Lou Dobbs a 'retard' makes your position correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Just the opposite of what a poll commissioned by La Racist or any other pro illegal lover/apologist hate group would?
Second that motion. MALDEF, ACLU, Chamber of Commerce, and on, and on, and--

Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,909,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You'll soon get replies to this....you'll be called 'mean', short-sighted, grumpy, racist, clueless, not 'familiar with the facts', and probably "anglo-saxon"....but not by me. I think your post is well-founded....for what that's worth.
Lol, thanks Mac. I guess it was a vent as much as anything, but I'm just tired of all the patronizing and pandering to illegals. We don't owe them a bloody thing! If feeling that way makes me "mean" LMAO, I can live with that. My son just turned 13 and his experience trying to make a little money last summer left a bad taste in his (and my) mouth. If I'm being 'mean" I have good reason to be. My youngster was ill treated because he is "anglo" and had the audacity to try and get a job on a farm. He was so upset that it just crushed me. What gives these people the right to act this way? Oh, sorry, I forgot we are the "anglo opressor" or the "priveledged whites" or whatever. Some of the stuff he was called by these creeps is not fit to print in English or Spanish, and the farmer wasn't going to do anything about it either. Tell me these "poor opressed immigrants" don't have any friggin power over their destiny's. They are worse than the mob controlled unions. I'm not buying the "mean spirited not familiar with the facts" blah blah blah rhetoric by the pro immigrant crowd for a second. The racism didn't come from me or my young son who just wanted to work for a few extra bucks for fishing gear and such. I actually encouraged him to do this and this is how it wound up. So who , exactly, are the "mean" ones here? They figure they can act like this and we should pay for their kids schooling AND their medical care as well? AND do it all in Espanol' por favor? Oh ,the illegal lovers can call me what they will. I can live with being called a few names. More and more it's just a part of daily life.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What would you expect from a poll commissioned by an anti-immigrant hate group?
So you discount all the articles on violence against legal American citizens! The wave of crime in America committed by illegals!
The burden on taxpayers. Hospitals going bankrupt in LA and other struggling because the illegals do not pay their bills. Why when they can get it for FREE!
When they get better care than LEGAL Americans.

You really need to stop with the anti-immigrant hate group crap. This data is out there and does not decline it only grows.
You I suppose can choose to ignore it but it does not change the fact that ILLEGALS are bad for AMERICA.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:31 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Illegals have turned my little valley here in NV upside down. Our local hospital is going under because of the "free" medical care they are REQUIRED to give out to the "immigrants", most of the bigger employers in town are REQUIRING being bilingual in SPANISH as a condition of employment, our property taxes have been raised again and again because the school district needs more "programs" for the kids who don't speak English, ranch and farm jobs have become exclusivley Mexican. My son tried going to work on one of the large onion farms here last summer (something I did when I was his age) and the Mexicans gave him such a hard time he couldn't take it. Yea, it chaps me. What really just FROSTS me is "pro immigrant" types telling me that feeling that way makes me somehow racist or just a bad person in general. The poulation here is now 55% Mexican "immigrant" according to the last census. In the summer the streets in town are covered up with "immigrants",. Crowds of them , sitting all over the steps at the Post Office , in front of businesses, in the parks , even on the steps of the bloody courthouse, just loitering and making their presence known, as a nuisance. Yes, it's an economic drain on taxpayer recources, as they get "free" medical care at the hospital, walk in clinic and Public Health Nurse, and these agencies are REQUIRED to have Spanish speaking staff on hand to cater to them as well. There are also problems with 'Latino" drug dealers that serve the interests of the Mexican Mafia and other Hispanic "business interests". These types have ensconced themselves on the two Indian reservations adjoining the area I live in. They get hooked up with Indian girls, get them hooked on their product and use the reservation housing to operate with almost total safety from the law. It's getting way out of control, and listening to the "pro immigrant" types spew their patronizing lovey dovey garbage about "acceptance" and how without the illegals we would be paying through the nose for food and construction work makes me itch! It didn't used to be that way, we were FINE without the illegals doing this work and then came Jimmy Carter and his amnesty program, and farmers and a lot of contractors got greedy and Americans let this sense of entitlement and the attitude of certain work being beneath them take over and here we are. It's a PROBLEM, and a big one. To think otherwise is just flat ignorant. So, to all those "pro immigrant" do gooder types out there, just keep throwing your arms out wide and welcoming the flood from the south. Sooner or later it will hit hard where you live as well and when it does, well, start learning Spanish. There won't be a CHOICE.
I am so sorry.
GREAT post!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
"The real terrifying part of FAIR's message is that it unjustly scapegoats undocumented people for economic problems," Fulkerson said. "These are scary economic times, and we are looking for people to blame."

Have you ever wondered why Vicente Fox, Felipe Calderon and many others in Mexico want the illegals gone from Mexico and do not want them ever coming back?

Mexico certainly doesn't consider them to be any kind of asset unless they leave and they are Mexico's people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration