U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:03 PM

365 posts, read 667,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
Military Domination or Constructive Leadership ? CDI
ok..lets go blank for a second....I am not saying lets help mexico in anyway...but what you dont grasp is that american investment..has created a more productive mexico...ok lets say its not our fault..but what do you suggest...?know we have so many problems that illegals are creating I understand you..I am trying to save you tax money too...

but tell me this...
"While the US consumes about 26% of the world's OIL total, western Europe's share is about 21% and Japan's is about 8%. Despite this, these allies are getting free protection of their supply by the US military. The cop-on-the-world-beat mentality of the Cold War still infects US leaders, who proclaim that only America is capable of carrying the burden of policing the Persian Gulf."

"why are we protecting the flows from the middle east with our money?
America's total financial cost of the Gulf intervention was in the realm of $550 billion!" thats just the 1991 gulf war..

Now we have over 37,000 soldiers in korea to protect the powerful north to the weak economical south...

and now this 700 billion dollar war? and I can come with million more examples...

This is mexicos investment from abroad....in other words...
american investment...

we have...a southern neighbor that receives...capital strategically...to assure certain natural resources...but when we unemployed mexicans..
by elevating mexican productivity...its not our problem..

well..I am glad mexico is on tv...everyday..that way...we start
to actually solve OUR HOME PROBLEMS FIRST...RATHER
THEN...
somalias, taiwan, sout korea, europes, japans, iraq, afghanistan, cuba,
israel...

on and on...if you so like america..ask your politicans..
to cancel all that money..let the rich protect themselves..

put those 37,000 that are in south korea..to help the 12,000 border patrol men....and all the investment in the other parts of the world...
to strategically make make actually the neighbor that we so wish we had...

but you know what...
your policians are like...
mmm...mexico would not make us as much profit as
china, easter europe, etc..etc...

WANT TO REDUCE...TAXES...LETS STOP BEING THE WORLD POLICEMAN..AND SOLVE...OUR HOME PROBLEMS WITH OUR NEIGHBOR..
http://www.acad.carleton.edu/curricu...ERO/mexbp5.gif
THIS IS A JOKE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
I wish some on here would be able to actually understand what
they are writing.. instead of wasting space...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
I wish some on here would be able to actually understand what
they are writing.. instead of wasting space...

If you dont understand oh well...
I am pretty sure if I was a three year old ...and was putting in on paper...and you really had interest on the point of views that I am presenting you would value them...

a men with the moral high is worth two...napoleon quote..
so if youre a true believer on what you preach..
change will come

DONT PAY your light bill, sell your house,
finance minuteman..set the example..
and when your broke..you will
see again that your politicians..
will be making the same mistakes...

cheap labor is like cocaine to a drug addict..
they just want more..and more of it..

Old 03-17-2009, 01:49 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, this entire slew of bilge just to say that you, and all other, Mexican "immigrants have a RIGHT to hate. Thats a lot of writing to make a simple point. I can't care a dried rat dropping in a whirlwind about injustices commited a century ago and those injustices give nobody a right to beak our laws and sling about hatred and injustice in revenge for wrong that were never felt by the perpetrators. So, you learned all this from "anglos" aye? And that makes ALL we "anglos" (gringos, blancos et al) deserving of your hatred? Or do we just need to send all the children of illegal immigrants to school and make sure they have health care and Spanish speaking tutors to make up for all the past wrongs you cite above? OK, this country has gone through some violent changes over the past hundred years or so, and a lot of innocent people (of ALL races) were victims of that violence. That does not give any one particular group any right to keep doing wrong.
Just another person who wants to hate and had to find some reason for his.her ignorance and nothing more. Always remember that when he/her considers themselves a Mexican-American than they are not truly an American since they consider themselves hyphenated. My heritage is Mexican and I am a pure American and nothing else.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Just another person who wants to hate and had to find some reason for his.her ignorance and nothing more. Always remember that when he/her considers themselves a Mexican-American than they are not truly an American since they consider themselves hyphenated. My heritage is Mexican and I am a pure American and nothing else.
well I guess you dont see how I express..myself and you might not
care..a lot of the leaders of the right ....
point out a lot of the issues of whats wrong with these country....
if you believe like a true american should believe
you would truelly see that all of this is a natural part
of a free enterprise..capitalism at is best...

is like rush limbaugh, glenn beck, lou dobbs...they all talk about illegals..about china..but when it comes to obama...spending spree
then they talk about capitalism...mentality..let it hit bottom..
survival of the fittess..when truelly is what created this illegal problem to begin with...

and yeah I am 100 percent american..and as an american I dont go about
following stupid leaders who tell me I should be scared..when they know that they are the problem...
and I love to understand where everybody is coming from...
if I am a soldier heading to iraq...why did my leaders had to tell me
3 years later that it was the shiates..against the sunny...
that the iranians are not arabs but persians and dont even speak
arab....the world is so complex...that if like surgeons operating on cancerous tumor...whe need to study and the cause and effect..the consequences and the alternatives...

not just blurt out stupidity..and if that makes me less of an american so be it....

Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
and yeah deep down I am respectful and caring for other human beings..and you might be to...Is for example I owned a business..
mostly of my customers are anglos you could say.." why did you have to say anglos" because I am trying to establish a point...

there all nice, and treat me with respect but theres some customers
that automatically dont even bother to even respect me for my person as a human being..and dont even give me a chance to even talk.

lets pretend that one of your kids..goes into a white neighborhood...
and they dont even give em a chance to prove to them that he is american...that his one of them...the mentality that
all these people thing that hispanics are taking america to the rathole..
because they even complain about the ones that reform with reagan...
calling your kids anchor babies...
they put the lines of division, we do our share too...and that is what
its not let american assimalate faster...

that we dont want to learn the language...
my whole family speaks english...and spanish...
my nephews speak both languages so it is true that we only use 5 percent of our brains..in europe they promote integration and theres over
20 languages...and these weirdos are so scared about one?
that is where my irritation starts....if they dont lake the destiny of where
this country is heading....then what can I say...
It is survival of the fittest as the last option..

Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
and yeah deep down I am respectful and caring for other human beings..and you might be to...Is for example I owned a business..
mostly of my customers are anglos you could say.." why did you have to say anglos" because I am trying to establish a point...

there all nice, and treat me with respect but theres some customers
that automatically dont even bother to even respect me for my person as a human being..and dont even give me a chance to even talk.

lets pretend that one of your kids..goes into a white neighborhood...
and they dont even give em a chance to prove to them that he is american...that his one of them...the mentality that
all these people thing that hispanics are taking america to the rathole..
because they even complain about the ones that reform with reagan...
calling your kids anchor babies...
they put the lines of division, we do our share too...and that is what
its not let american assimalate faster...

that we dont want to learn the language...
my whole family speaks english...and spanish...
my nephews speak both languages so it is true that we only use 5 percent of our brains..in europe they promote integration and theres over
20 languages...and these weirdos are so scared about one?
that is where my irritation starts....if they dont lake the destiny of where
this country is heading....then what can I say...
It is survival of the fittest as the last option..
Whoopie!!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 03:52 AM

147 posts, read 186,327 times
It's ironic because you can't just go to Mexico and live there. The government doesn't allow it. I think that immigrants should wait their turn to come into the country. I'm a big believer in following rules and the first thing they do is break a law and get rewarded in turn. No consequence whatsoever and it burns me when I hear politicians talking about "bringing them out of the shadows". They're not in the shadows. They're in your face and now more than ever demanding things. Look, this is ridiculous, plain and simply put...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:04 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
It's ironic because you can't just go to Mexico and live there. The government doesn't allow it. I think that immigrants should wait their turn to come into the country. I'm a big believer in following rules and the first thing they do is break a law and get rewarded in turn. No consequence whatsoever and it burns me when I hear politicians talking about "bringing them out of the shadows". They're not in the shadows. They're in your face and now more than ever demanding things. Look, this is ridiculous, plain and simply put...
"Wait their turn"?....."Follow the rules"?.....this sounds like a CLASSIC case of xenophobic, judgemental thinking. Try your best to be more optimistic; work toward clearing your mind of 'unkind thoughts'....and realize that not EVERYBODY feels the need to follow the rules; that doesn't mean they're 'bad'..they just don't believe in the rules....

Remember, there's GOOD in every human being....(EVEN legal American citizens, most of the time). Look for the good.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM

492 posts, read 994,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In the eyes of the reconquistas: the Apache, Cherokee, Navajo, etc. are Anglo---------never mind that even the Aztecs/Mayans never lived in the present USA.
When The US stole HALF of Mexico at the point of a gun in 1846, The Mexicans had already been living here in the southwest for over 350 years. After the US invasion of Mexico; the US had the barbarity to imposed taxes on the Mexicans to pay costs of the occupation. In addition when the Guadalupe Hidalgo treaty was signed and the US agreed that.
1)The US will respect the property of the Mexicans citizen in occupied Mexico, cowardly the US reneged.
2) That the US will give Mexican citizens in invaded Mexico the option to become US Citizens if they chose. Cowardly that wasn't enforced until the 1930's. After all of that, what's wrong with a Mexican reconquista?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration