U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I have the feeling that he's one of those that believes there should be no borders. The problem with that stance is that creates even greater income disparity, in the long run. The rich will always be rich, but our immigration problem will drag the middle class down into poverty.
You are right about him.I am begining to wonder if there will even be a middle class in a couple of years. The supporters have NO IDEA what they are doing to America, sometimes emotions need to be put to the side to stop something wrong from happening.

 
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
I often wonder if those who are pro - illegals, either house them, hire them or are involved in other ways with them.

If they can only give some valid, decent repsonses to why they feel illegals should be in this country, but they never do.

I think it's sad these criminals keep coming and commiting crimes and there is no punishment..
 
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
I am not continuing this debate, because I choose not to be a part of "a pick-on debate." Many insults and critical remarks towards me and my posts have caused me to close all dialogue with certain members.
 
Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I am not continuing this debate, because I choose not to be a part of "a pick-on debate." Many insults and critical remarks towards me and my posts have caused me to close all dialogue with certain members.
Insults, we just back up our statments. You and another are the ones that call names like bigot and racist. I have used no terms. Just because people do not agree doesnt mean they cannot debate. "Pick on", you seem to do alot of that yourself.
 
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Naples
1,247 posts, read 659,147 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I am not continuing this debate, because I choose not to be a part of "a pick-on debate." Many insults and critical remarks towards me and my posts have caused me to close all dialogue with certain members.
I don't see anyone calling you names. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with, good luck with your life. It's going to happen as long as you voice your opinions.

Show me evidence that supports the idea of illegal immigration. Show me how it is an economic benefit to this country.

I don't think anyone would honestly do any different if they were in the shoes of the illegal immigrants. Of course you do whatever you can to feed your family. That does not mean Americans should not try to change the situation. In essence, they are stealing from us. We don't like it. If we don't change it, we'll be dragged down to their level. Right now, it's the poor stealing from the middle class, while the rich pocketing the profits. I don't see how ANYONE, Republican or Democrat, can support the current situation.
 
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I don't see anyone calling you names. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with, good luck with your life. It's going to happen as long as you voice your opinions.

Show me evidence that supports the idea of illegal immigration. Show me how it is an economic benefit to this country.

I don't think anyone would honestly do any different if they were in the shoes of the illegal immigrants. Of course you do whatever you can to feed your family. That does not mean Americans should not try to change the situation. In essence, they are stealing from us. We don't like it. If we don't change it, we'll be dragged down to their level. Right now, it's the poor stealing from the middle class, while the rich pocketing the profits. I don't see how ANYONE, Republican or Democrat, can support the current situation.


here is more info that they are not of help to our economy:
http://countrystore.blogspot.com/200...tice-john.html
 
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Irving. TX
238 posts, read 131,665 times
Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Insults, we just back up our statments. You and another are the ones that call names like bigot and racist. I have used no terms. Just because people do not agree doesnt mean they cannot debate. "Pick on", you seem to do alot of that yourself.


borrowing some of this genious' words: "rolling of eyes" LOL, "smacking of Lips", "wrinkling brow to show frown"

...it was me, sorry the truth bugs ya. Not really "smirking face" while I type, plus "bouncing knee" when I hit submit.
 
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Irving. TX
238 posts, read 131,665 times
Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I don't see anyone calling you names. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with, good luck with your life. It's going to happen as long as you voice your opinions.

Show me evidence that supports the idea of illegal immigration. Show me how it is an economic benefit to this country.

I don't think anyone would honestly do any different if they were in the shoes of the illegal immigrants. Of course you do whatever you can to feed your family. That does not mean Americans should not try to change the situation. In essence, they are stealing from us. We don't like it. If we don't change it, we'll be dragged down to their level. Right now, it's the poor stealing from the middle class, while the rich pocketing the profits. I don't see how ANYONE, Republican or Democrat, can support the current situation.
Strange - I find myself in agreement with most of your post.

Are we so shallow as a Nation, that we look for scapegoats during troubled times?
 
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
borrowing some of this genious' words: "rolling of eyes" LOL, "smacking of Lips", "wrinkling brow to show frown"

...it was me, sorry the truth bugs ya. Not really "smirking face" while I type, plus "bouncing knee" when I hit submit.
Sorry it is not the truth and you dont bug me, neither does anything you say, pretty amusing though, makes for good entertainment mostly your spelling. genious, funny.
 
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Naples
1,247 posts, read 659,147 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Strange - I find myself in agreement with most of your post.

Are we so shallow as a Nation, that we look for scapegoats during troubled times?
It's not about scapegoating. It's about protecting your family. Illegal immigration has a tangible negative effect on American families. Does it really surprise you that Americans would be up-in-arms about this?

Illegals are protecting their families. Americans are protecting theirs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top