Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
If it's not your issue, then how can you label someone a criminal for trying to sufficiently provide for him/her and their family?
And it isnt my issue in Mexico, but they make them my issue here. Because they commit crimes coming here and when they continue to stay here. And that isnt the case for all, some are here to escape prosecution in their countries or run away from their towns and families, many men have left their wives and children behind with no support or call for years. Again you are generalizing a group of people. It has been in the news.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

1.How do you know it isnt their intentions? Have you polled all of them or just making wide generalizations?

2.Everytime they give false info or buy false papers or use someone elses SS#,

3.they know it is wrong, they dont care,

4. every time they use our services without payment and close hospitals and affect school budgets, they know it is wrong, but they dont care. I saw many many Mexican flags waving on that day, and many many Us Flags burned here in Phx.

5.I saw news of it all around the country, only the blind and misinformed choose to ignore it.
1.Don't know what your referring to.

2.They don't use other people's SS numbers, they use fake SS numbers.

3. "They" as in 30 million illegal immigrants "don't care". One of the gazillion generalizations unfairly placed on illegal immigrants.

4. "Domino Effect" They are illegal, and many free services come to them. How can you pay for health insurance when you make minimum wage for less than five years?

5. Don't make assumptions and opinions with non-cable or cable news, choose your values and morals based on good, clean first hand experience.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:34 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,188 times
Quote:
4. "Domino Effect" They are illegal, and many free services come to them. How can you pay for health insurance when you make minimum wage for less than five years?
Most legal American citizens don't have health insurance. The US has a healthcare problem even before you add in the extra stress created by illegal immigrants. I don't expect anyone to go without medical care. So what other options do we have regarding illegals and medical care? How about keeping them out before they get here!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Most legal American citizens don't have health insurance.
Your stat is incorrect, which is the premise for your argument.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
1.Don't know what your referring to.

2.They don't use other people's SS numbers, they use fake SS numbers.

3. "They" as in 30 million illegal immigrants "don't care". One of the gazillion generalizations unfairly placed on illegal immigrants.

5. Don't make assumptions and opinions with non-cable or cable news, choose your values and morals based on good, clean first hand experience.
1. You generalize that they are all here for good reasons, when they are not.

2. they do
llegal immigrants using false Social Security numbers

According to the NY Times, there are approximately 7 million illegal immigrants working in this country using someone else's Social Security number. This often creates big problems for the people whose number the stole.
It's also a felony to use someone else's Social Security number, so that means that nearly all working illegal immigrants are felons. The rest are paid cash and pay no taxes at all.

3. There are 11-12 million illegal here in he US not 30 million.
WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of illegal immigrants in the United States has grown to as many as 12 million, and they now account for about one in every 20 workers, a new estimate says.

4.How about trying to afford Health insurance even with above minimum wage, Our insurance would cost my family 1000.00 a month,so we dont have any? Yet I get no freebies

5. I get my news from reliable news sources and I base my judgements on first hand exeperience, which I have had plenty. But thanks for assuming again.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
My bad. I should have said one third, not one half. Good thing, too. That means I'm totally cool with illegal immigrants crossing the border and driving hospitals out of business, now.

Quote:
Not half but plenty

Data released today by the Census Bureau show that the number of uninsured Americans stood at 45.8 million in 2004, an increase of 800,000 people over the number uninsured in 2003 (45.0 million). The percentage of people without health insurance, 15.7 percent in 2004, was not significantly different from the 15.6 percent rate in 2003

You have your opinion, I have mine. Our dialogue is closed for the time being.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
You have your opinion, I have mine. Our dialogue is closed for the time being.
Come on stop being so immature. We post valid facts and you run, why? You need to post real benefits of them being here and stop with the emotional posts.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Come on stop being so immature. We post valid facts and you run, why? You need to post real benefits of them being here and stop with the emotional posts.
I have the feeling that he's one of those that believes there should be no borders. The problem with that stance is that creates even greater income disparity, in the long run. The rich will always be rich, but our immigration problem will drag the middle class down into poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration