U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,898 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

Protest against immigrant detention center draws 150 in Farmville | Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM08_20090307-215835/224465/ - broken link)

Quote:
While opponents hope to derail plans for the proposed 1,040-bed detention facility, Town Manager Gerald J. Spates has said efforts to build the facility are on track, with the site cleared and the permits obtained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Amberman, who is of Mexican descent, encouraged members of the crowd to contact their congressional representatives "and tell them we cannot wait one more year.""We are the majority, believe it or not. We can do it. This is just the beginning."
Translation & Correction: Amberman who is an ILLEGAL ALIEN and the rest of his illegal alien friends don't have any congressional representatives in this country. Furthermore, they don't have to wait another year, they should start pooling their resources and packing. Trailways and other buses leave for mexico several times a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Barry Carter, chairman of the Occoneechee-Saponi Indian tribe of Virginia, told the crowd that he and 20 members of his group were present to "support our brothers and sisters from South of the Rio Grande River."

Carter said there are no Latinos or Hispanics. "We are Native Americans," he said. "The sooner we can get the message out to ourselves, the sooner we can end this opposition."
What a bunch of ignorant fools------------the original Hispanics came here from Spain and killed/raped the indigenous peoples 100 years before the English arrived.

Stockholm Syndrome, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,964,077 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Translation & Correction: Amberman who is an ILLEGAL ALIEN

Where is that said in the article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
Reputation: 47455
moving illegals all over the country is working well, lawyers wont chase them. deport and build fences, electronic fences, live scan thumb print at every check point not just secondary screening. do it. thumb scanning works, kerry said it 8 years ago bush just sneered.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Where is that said in the article?
" . . . . . .and tell them WE cannot wait one more year."


Ever hear of reading between the lines? It's this new thing the PC crowd taught us Americans that we must do in order to understand what and who is destroying our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,321 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Protest against immigrant detention center draws 150 in Farmville | Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM08_20090307-215835/224465/ - broken link)
Quote:
While opponents hope to derail plans for the proposed 1,040-bed detention facility, Town Manager Gerald J. Spates has said efforts to build the facility are on track, with the site cleared and the permits obtained.
This is all good but with 20 plus million illegals running loose in the US a 1040 bed detention facility just isn't going to cut it. For the same amount spent, they could have put up ten tent cities spread strategically out in the general area that would house up to a total of 10,000 illegals. That would cut it better.

What we have is gov committed to doing the absolute minimal but still just enough to be called doing something, on purpose.

The deportation of illegals should always include putting those from Mexico on slow leaky cattleboats and shipping them to the southern tip of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,807 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Reputation: 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
This is all good but with 20 plus million illegals running loose in the US a 1040 bed detention facility just isn't going to cut it. For the same amount spent, they could have put up ten tent cities spread strategically out in the general area that would house up to a total of 10,000 illegals. That would cut it better.

What we have is gov committed to doing the absolute minimal but still just enough to be called doing something, on purpose.

The deportation of illegals should always include putting those from Mexico on slow leaky cattleboats and shipping them to the southern tip of Mexico.
The human rights groups would have none of tents, even if it was an upgrade from the conditions they had at their place of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,321 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The human rights groups would have none of tents, even if it was an upgrade from the conditions they had at their place of origin.
Well, no one listens to the rantings of the human rights groups, better known as the Democratic far left, except the liberal left media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 12:03 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,079,640 times
Reputation: 822
Also moderates who realize that our previous human rights abuses have lead to a serious of unfortunate events that has left us with not too many happy countries in the Middle East. Where are we going to put the detainees? Pakistan is not doing too well, and currently we need them...our stunt in Cuba is not going to help matters.

I can see how this would not help relations across the border in Mexico. People are concerning with the growing violence on the border...we need cooperation across the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top