U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:13 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. Cesar Milan became an American citizen after proving that he's an incredibly talented person in his field who has helped thousands of Americans enjoy their inter-species relationships a lot more. He applied for citizenship and pays taxes. How can you possibly bash him for getting citizenship in the proper way?
Perhaps because:

1) Illegal entry to the US is, strangely, illegal
2) Illegal entry should never be rewarded because, strangely, it's a criminal offense
3) His actions do not justify illegal entry
4) Rewarding illegal entry encourages more illegal entry
5) US taxpayers are not capable of subsidizing every single illegal alien who enters illegally
6) You couldn't get away with illegal entry in most countries
7) No one should be exempt from the law--strange concept, isn't it?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:17 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
5) No one should be exempt from the law--strange concept, isn't it?
Unfortunately my friend as you stated before, no one should be exempt from the law but some people are. This world is anything but fair

Old 03-13-2009, 11:27 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,844,964 times
Quote:
Perhaps because:

2) Illegal entry should never be rewarded because, strangely, it's a criminal offense
5) US taxpayers are not capable of subsidizing every single illegal alien who enters illegally
6) No one should be exempt from the law--strange concept, isn't it?
I always find it so amazing how one-dimensional you people think. Cesar Milan is good for this country. He generates wealth (his show is highly rated, employs dozens of AMERICAN CITIZENS, and helps thousands more with their dogs, sometimes dangerous, behaviour), he pays taxes and has written a #1 bestselling book as well. I'd rather have him in this country than some redneck who can't understand the meaning of our immigration laws (enacted in the 50s and 60s during Cold War paranoia to keep COMMUNISTS out) or any logical reasoning that proves how some people belong here.

Your points, while mostly the same point written in different ways, simply do not apply to Cesar Milan, who pays enough taxes to support a whole bunch of families on Welfare. While it's one thing for some unwed mother of 5 who came to the US to get on welfare (which is such a fallacy it's pathetic that you people assume all illegals are this way...more Americans than illegals are like this) to be given citizenship and benefits, it's a whole other thing when it's a person who made something of himself and who generates a vast amount of wealth with his TV show and the related spin-offs.

What you people clearly do not understand is that laws change because they are imperfect. Our immigration laws are useless and only lead to more problems. If someone wants to come to the US, they will, no matter what you xenophobes say. So you might as well give up your anti-Mexican crusade and realize that we're a hell of a lot safer with every immigrant being allowed, but not until after they go through a background check at the border. Otherwise, only the most shady and resourceful will come through.

But then again, I'm talking to a brick wall, you people in these immigration forums are so blind to anything but your hatred for immigrants that it's pointless trying to help you understand reality and logic.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:47 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
I always find it so amazing how one-dimensional you people think. Cesar Milan is good for this country. He generates wealth (his show is highly rated, employs dozens of AMERICAN CITIZENS, and helps thousands more with their dogs, sometimes dangerous, behaviour), he pays taxes and has written a #1 bestselling book as well. I'd rather have him in this country than some redneck who can't understand the meaning of our immigration laws (enacted in the 50s and 60s during Cold War paranoia to keep COMMUNISTS out) or any logical reasoning that proves how some people belong here.

Your points, while mostly the same point written in different ways, simply do not apply to Cesar Milan, who pays enough taxes to support a whole bunch of families on Welfare. While it's one thing for some unwed mother of 5 who came to the US to get on welfare (which is such a fallacy it's pathetic that you people assume all illegals are this way...more Americans than illegals are like this) to be given citizenship and benefits, it's a whole other thing when it's a person who made something of himself and who generates a vast amount of wealth with his TV show and the related spin-offs.

What you people clearly do not understand is that laws change because they are imperfect. Our immigration laws are useless and only lead to more problems. If someone wants to come to the US, they will, no matter what you xenophobes say. So you might as well give up your anti-Mexican crusade and realize that we're a hell of a lot safer with every immigrant being allowed, but not until after they go through a background check at the border. Otherwise, only the most shady and resourceful will come through.

But then again, I'm talking to a brick wall, you people in these immigration forums are so blind to anything but your hatred for immigrants that it's pointless trying to help you understand reality and logic.
Legal immigrants are welcome here

Illegal aliens are not wanted and need to leave.

There is a difference.

PS: more and more 'people of color' are turning quite Redneck where illegals are concerned..............perhaps there is a message there?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:

I would say that you are blind to anything but an open borders feel good policy. Maybe it makes you feel less guilty that you were born a (gasp!) white male?
Personally, I don't hate immigrants, I don't resent them. I actually have been known to help immigrants - recently a young widow with two children settling here with absolutely nothing. She is a refugee from the Sudan. And other immigrants as well.... but they are legal immigrants. I know that is a toughie to digest, but there is in fact a difference.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 AM

12 posts, read 21,787 times
To: leftydan6

Being in favor of the law and opposing illegal immigration is NOT equivalent to anti-Mexican sentiment or xenophobia. It is pro-law.

I myself was born in Mexico but immigrated to the US legally. My family worked hard to come here.

If anyone wants to come here they need to do it legally.

The US should never allow anyone to walk in as they please. Doing that would make the US a doormat which in some places it is becoming, sadly.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:

You refer to those who believe in law enforcement and oppose illegals as xenophobes BUT you believe we need background checks?

Something's amiss.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,323,366 times
Quote:
Perhaps because:

6) You couldn't get away with illegal entry in most countries
7) No one should be exempt from the law--strange concept, isn't it?
I'd get banned for saying what I really want to say. Some of you people

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I'd get banned for saying what I really want to say. Some of you people
Why? Because everything that I mentioned in that list is pro-law? Is there something racist on that list? What's wrong with it?

Do speak up and accuse me of racism/xenophobia/ethnocentricism/nativism/bigotry/etc. if it's because I believe that law comes first if you want, but PLEASE support it with evidence.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 PM

8,062 posts, read 15,866,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would say that you are blind to anything but an open borders feel good policy. Maybe it makes you feel less guilty that you were born a (gasp!) white male?
Personally, I don't hate immigrants, I don't resent them. I actually have been known to help immigrants - recently a young widow with two children settling here with absolutely nothing. She is a refugee from the Sudan. And other immigrants as well.... but they are legal immigrants. I know that is a toughie to digest, but there is in fact a difference.
Exactly right. But the OP, with her petulant, angry displays, can't seem to wrap her mind around the concept. Notice how she CREATES issues to give herself a reason to name-call? There's no reasoning with something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or