U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Most definitely! Yet, it’s never enough. We are still considered uncharitable. The tremendous gratitude oozing from illegal aliens and their supporters, is so heartwarming, it’s hard for me not to cry. Don’t you just love it?
Definitely. It does make you want to cry. My emotions run so deep that I'm just burning up with the love I feel for every single one of them.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
I shudder to think of the amount of anger, resentment, entitlement, and frustration another amnesty would engender. If we gauge from the current level of animosity resulting from far less illegals receiving citizenship, I don’t even want to think of another.
Absolutely....I often think of that. Imagine the 'wedge' that would be driven between 'regular' Americans and 'instant' Americans, that would likely haunt us for generations to come.

There is STILL a very bitter 'divide' between those back in MY day who were drafted and sent to Viet Nam, and those who elected to "hide out" in Canada. Remember the disabled Vets who actually TURNED THEIR BACKS on Clinton that Memorial Day when he attempted to give a speech? There are STILL families torn apart by this...and STILL people who refuse to "speak" to each other over the anger and hatred this 'betrayal' engendered.

Can you even IMAGINE what would happen if this 'divide' in society could be made out to have a 'racial' component? (Blacks went to Viet Nam...Whites hid out in Canada)...YIKES ! THAT is something along the lines, I'm afraid, of what would happen if we had "my group" of REAL AMERICANS interacting with "THEIR GROUP" who 'bullied their way' into being ALLOWED to 'slip in the back door' by 'special permission'. GREAT way to unify a 'diverse' society!!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Absolutely....I often think of that. Imagine the 'wedge' that would be driven between 'regular' Americans and 'instant' Americans, that would likely haunt us for generations to come.

There is STILL a very bitter 'divide' between those back in MY day who were drafted and sent to Viet Nam, and those who elected to "hide out" in Canada. Remember the disabled Vets who actually TURNED THEIR BACKS on Clinton that Memorial Day when he attempted to give a speech? There are STILL families torn apart by this...and STILL people who refuse to "speak" to each other over the anger and hatred this 'betrayal' engendered.

Can you even IMAGINE what would happen if this 'divide' in society could be made out to have a 'racial' component? (Blacks went to Viet Nam...Whites hid out in Canada)...YIKES ! THAT is something along the lines, I'm afraid, of what would happen if we had "my group" of REAL AMERICANS interacting with "THEIR GROUP" who 'bullied their way' into being ALLOWED to 'slip in the back door' by 'special permission'. GREAT way to unify a 'diverse' society!!
The Perfect Storm.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
I really don’t know how much more accommodating we can be. The children of illegal aliens are already receiving a ‘free’ tax-funded K-12 education; of which, sadly, the majority has shown scant appreciation. Whose fault is it that a high percentage of these children fail to graduate from high school, or routinely become teen parents? We provide them with ESL classes and free breakfast/lunch, while our own children suffer due to overcrowding and having resources diverted to children who are here illegally. How many other countries do you think would be so accommodating? As the old adage states: “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.” They have been generously afforded the opportunity for an education. If they choose not to avail themselves, they certainly can’t blame us.

We are also NOT denying them medical services. I don’t know where you are getting your information, but if not for the exorbitant costs associated with providing illegal aliens ‘free’ prenatal/postnatal, WIC, ER, interpreters, etc., many of our bankrupt hospitals would still be serving our communities.

Surely you must realize another amnesty will not solve our illegal immigration problem. If anything, it will serve to encourage others to follow suit. It’s absolutely mind-boggling that there are so many people who believe our government will magically enforce our immigration laws after failing so miserably for years. You do realize we were promised the 1986 Amnesty would be the FINAL amnesty, don’t you? Do you also realize our government promised to stringently enforce our laws to prevent future illegal immigration? Did they honor their promises? Of course not! Tell me, what do you think has changed? Why should we have faith in a government that has proven time and again to be so unworthy of our confidence?
In reference to denying them services, I'm simply stated what many have said is a viable solution. As for schools, ESL is not up to par with what it should be. Our ESL classes are underfunded and hence not grouped into levels in a lot of discricts. Thus, teachers are forced to spend more time on those who know no English (to the detriment of those who know a middle amount...not the most fluent, but those that have a good base). All kids suffer classroom overcrowding. Hence why more resources are needed in general. If you benefit the poor, all people will benefit. Our education is less than generous. Teachers are not paid enough, schools are not providing the advance classes and after many after school programs do not contain any "program". A lot of time it's a teacher sitting there with the kids.

As for bankrupt hospitals, it shows how much we need to go towards a more universal system. We need to shift our priorties from a HUGE defense budget in favor of education and health spending.

I do realize amnesty occurred in the past. I also realize that there was no follow through with policy reform and enforement to make it our last amnesty attempt.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I do, for one. It's a lot of fun criticizing her, making jokes about her, and disparaging her sanity, her lifestyle, and her selfishly burdening the general public and putting her 14 kids in jeopardy.

And we're ONLY able to make these comments, because she IS an "anglo"...(whatever that means).

That's why I care.....
I think what's more important concerning octo-mom is that she really truly thinks she can be like Angelina Jolie. Except not as hot, rich, smart, cool, talented...at least she has the same lips and nose.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:26 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,324,522 times
Quote:
Given that this black woman has never “foamed at the mouth,” I’m not sure if my opinion is relevant. Moreover, I doubt if anything an ‘anti’ states would even tenuously penetrate the psyche of a hidebound bleeding heart. Your motives are patent, but I’ll briefly play along.

Prior to the “immigrant” protest marches, I had little interest in illegal immigration. Subsequently, I have been enlightened to the devious tactics of our government, the corporate elite, and special interest groups whose greed is systematically destroying this country -- and illegal immigration is a salient component of that insidious agenda.

Apparently, you have never experienced racism firsthand. Had you, you would realize the vast majority of opposition to illegal immigration has no racial basis whatsoever. Are there anti-illegal racists? Absolutely! Are there pro-illegal racists? Absolutely! I’m not a racist, and I really don’t give a flying fig what you or any other illegal alien apologist may think. I can’t control your thoughts or beliefs; I can only control my response.

You sure know how to wax lyric. You claim you have a masters, and in no fear of losing a job to an undocumented person, I'm happy for you. Just remember when you respond to me, you are responding to an "outsider" I have no vested interest in your gurilla warfare other than MY compassion for fellow humans less fortunate.

As to your claim that you only got caught up in the undocumented aliens hysteria due to some march that took place, I say codswollop, you like the thousands were rounded up by the right wing demigods on American air waves in the form of talk show hosts. I bet you all your angst and indignation over illegals has nothing to do with your claims. You people just enjoy being angry, to y'all it's a game, you enjoy beating down on other people....it's part of your history.

I knew gal who sounded like you, actually I thought I knew her, until I reconnected with her after a few years and started reading her very right wing blog and chatting with her on line and all she did was regurgitate rhetoric, clichés and talking points she gets from the nuts you people revere, which amazed me because considering she was a "lady of the night" well past her prime, basically didn't have a pot to p**s in and on ther verge of being evicted from her apartment, I wondered where she got the nerve being so angry about a group of people who had no negative effect on the quality of her life. She'd talk about what it costs in health care, in education and crime, yet she never been affected by the crimes of an illegal, had no health issues, no children, well one teenage child who she hadn't seen since it was a baby because her own family took it away from her (at least the illegal mesicans look after their own children).

I see alot of you the way I see her, just angry people maybe not too happy with your lot, who knows. You may not have the audience Rush or Hannity have, but you sure have your cheer leading team here, who bust a nut at every point you make...keep up the entertainment.

I'm not against border controls, But let's face it, they are in your country and you can not deport them all. Tighten up the borders in the mean time, deport the criminals and give the law abiding ones a chance to show how productive they can be.

And oh Benicar, you must be a racist since you seem to be so defenisve about it. I haven't once refered to you or your cheer leading squad on here as racists.

***excuse the mistakes, I've got a Tequila hang over.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
You sure know how to wax lyric. You claim you have a masters, and in no fear of losing a job to an undocumented person, I'm happy for you. Just remember when you respond to me, you are responding to an "outsider" I have no vested interest in your gurilla warfare other than MY compassion for fellow humans less fortunate.

As to your claim that you only got caught up in the undocumented aliens hysteria due to some march that took place, I say codswollop, you like the thousands were rounded up by the right wing demigods on American air waves in the form of talk show hosts. I bet you all your angst and indignation over illegals has nothing to do with your claims. You people just enjoy being angry, to y'all it's a game, you enjoy beating down on other people....it's part of your history.

I knew gal who sounded like you, actually I thought I knew her, until I reconnected with her after a few years and started reading her very right wing blog and chatting with her on line and all she did was regurgitate rhetoric, clichés and talking points she gets from the nuts you people revere, which amazed me because considering she was a "lady of the night" well past her prime, basically didn't have a pot to p**s in and on ther verge of being evicted from her apartment, I wondered where she got the nerve being so angry about a group of people who had no negative effect on the quality of her life. She'd talk about what it costs in health care, in education and crime, yet she never been affected by the crimes of an illegal, had no health issues, no children, well one teenage child who she hadn't seen since it was a baby because her own family took it away from her (at least the illegal mesicans look after their own children).

I see alot of you the way I see her, just angry people maybe not too happy with your lot, who knows. You may not have the audience Rush or Hannity have, but you sure have your cheer leading team here, who bust a nut at every point you make...keep up the entertainment.

I'm not against border controls, But let's face it, they are in your country and you can not deport them all. Tighten up the borders in the mean time, deport the criminals and give the law abiding ones a chance to show how productive they can be.

And oh Benicar, you must be a racist since you seem to be so defenisve about it. I haven't once refered to you or your cheer leading squad on here as racists.

If you do not like the growing anti illegal alien sentiment here in the USA--------------stay out. We do not want your kind.

Calling Benicar a racist would be hysterical if it were not so pathetic: she is a Black woman with a son sired by a White Hispanic man.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,324,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you do not like the growing anti illegal alien sentiment here in the USA--------------stay out. We do not want your kind.

Calling Benicar a racist would be hysterical if it were not so pathetic: she is a Black woman with a son sired by a White Hispanic man.
I never called her a racist, she you and other members of the cheer leading squad ARE THE ONES who have constantly inferred throughout this thread about others SEEING them as racists. I guess she was waiting for some to call her one just so she could come back with a retort, just like you have. I actually believe people like her and the other one who spends her time posting links and cut and pastes on this forum are just happy that hey now have a group to kick. After all the Italians did it, just as the, Irish did and thePolish, now Blacks are doing it too.

Bet you've been sitting there waiting to see my response as if your revelation is any big surprise. If you'll let me know what size you are, I'll send you a cheerleading out fit. Seriously, you spend way too much time on here foaming at the mouth....It's unhealthy.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:57 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

My, My, My. . . . a Tequila rant. I haven’t heard one of those in years. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
My, My, My. . . . a Tequila rant. I haven’t heard one of those in years. Thanks for the laugh.
Must be hard to go on a "Tequila bender" in London...what with all those dastardly video cameras grinding away, recording EVERYTHING a 'bloke' does, says, or thinks....JOLLY good atmosphere, I should say !!....Can't WAIT to reach that level of 'multicultural acceptance' here on this side of the "big pond"....Hope our 'vatos' in the Southwest NEVER become as rowdy as the 'Pakis' over THERE !! That would NEVER do !! Dreadful thought, that one!!

Cheers....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or