Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Maybe I'm just wired wrong, I don't know, but I've often wandered what goes through the mind of people of colour who are so down on illegal aliens and when I say down, I mean to the point of foaming at the mouth like some I see here.
Well, i'm an African-American and very much against illegal immigration.

The main reason i'm against illegal immigration is that one popular theme that the pro-illegal left uses is that the illegals plight is similar to the one of the blacks in the civil rights movement. That flat out makes me mad.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I agree, that at least in my experience in this forum, most people who oppose illegal immigration aren't anti Mexican or anti legal immigration at all, there are a few that like to ride the anti illegal car to promote their anti mexican or anti legal agenda, but those voices are the minority.
It's nice to hear a calm voice in the stormy seas of spin and illusion my friend. BTW, congrats on being a moderator; I didn't know until now. CD couldn't have chosen a better moderator than you.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:21 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Well, i'm an African-American and very much against illegal immigration.

The main reason i'm against illegal immigration is that one popular theme that the pro-illegal left uses is that the illegals plight is similar to the one of the blacks in the civil rights movement. That flat out makes me mad.
Agreed. Their blatant abuse of the 14th amendment coupled with their delusional comparison of their methodically orchestrated illegal invasion to that of the plight of Black Americans who were: brought here in chains, enslaved, beaten, refused the right to vote, attend schools, use white bathrooms or water fountains, were considered less than 3/5th human, and endured a long fight for OUR civil rights as US CITIZENS, in their pathetic attempt to guilt white Americans into fulfilling their evil agenda turned all of us off.

Elvira the worthless, poor excuse for a "mother" tragically and delusionally proclaiming herself the "the new Rosa Parks" of the "new civil rights movement" was truly the straw that broke the camel's back.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-13-2009 at 05:52 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im with BF here.

im amongst many hispanics and i dont worry about their citizenship.

im more worried about the drugs and gangs and homicide and dirty cops.

some peoples lives are nice enough that they get to complain about some phantom illegal. some posters here have even said they dont live around illegals.

i live around them and i could care less. most are very decent people.

i got bigger fish to fry.

as for colored folk who are anti immigration or anti Ill immig, i could still care less. they are free to think they way they do.

i thought about this the other day. i was thinking about posters and some posters here are very quick to point out the token brown folk on the minutemen frontlines. i thought to myself: "wow these posters still see the color of the skin and not the fact that these are CITIZENS concerned with their countries 'security' ". there was even a discussion and thread about "infighting" amongst hispanic advocacy groups. WOW. i had to remind JDM that hispanics are not a MONOLITH. i would do the same here. there are all types of hispnics. they are free to think what they will. hispanics, like blacks are not a monolith. some hispanics favor immigration(legal or otherwise), some dont.

do i think they are misguided. yes some of them.

in the end, this is all a fun excercise. these illegals dont bother me much...

and RDA, yes some posters here are really stupid. one in particular accused the octomom of being an illegal hispanic just because of where she lived.

lots of assumptions and generalizations.
its very tired of them.
A lot of what I worry about is how much I pay in taxes, you do pay taxes right? Why wouldn't you be worried about why taxes go up to aid people cheating the system? That bothers me a lot. My tax money is for poor Americans. Every Country has problems, their problems. The US cannot continue to be the mother Theresa of the planet caring for every impoverished, broke foreigner or we will become the place these people have left.

Middle America is paying for this. The more middle America is being robbed by taxes means the division keeps getting wider. The poor population is growing exponentially while the middle class is declining.

The only people I would expect to be "ok" with this are somehow related to these coming Illegally.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A lot of what I worry about is how much I pay in taxes, you do pay taxes right? Why wouldn't you be worried about why taxes go up to aid people cheating the system? That bothers me a lot. My tax money is for poor Americans. Every Country has problems, their problems. The US cannot continue to be the mother Theresa of the planet caring for every impoverished, broke foreigner or we will become the place these people have left.

Middle America is paying for this. The more middle America is being robbed by taxes means the division keeps getting wider. The poor population is growing exponentially while the middle class is declining.

The only people I would expect to be "ok" with this are somehow related to these coming Illegally.
I am so on the same page with all that you stated. Great post!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm just wired wrong, I don't know, but I've often wandered what goes through the mind of people of colour who are so down on illegal aliens and when I say down, I mean to the point of foaming at the mouth like some I see here.
Quote:
Yeah he gets a pat on his back, if you or others of your ilk saw him waiting for his friend or wife on a street corner to give him a ride and didn't know his history, he'd be just another "whet back".
Given that this black woman has never “foamed at the mouth,” I’m not sure if my opinion is relevant. Moreover, I doubt if anything an ‘anti’ states would even tenuously penetrate the psyche of a hidebound bleeding heart. Your motives are patent, but I’ll briefly play along.

Prior to the “immigrant” protest marches, I had little interest in illegal immigration. Subsequently, I have been enlightened to the devious tactics of our government, the corporate elite, and special interest groups whose greed is systematically destroying this country -- and illegal immigration is a salient component of that insidious agenda.

Apparently, you have never experienced racism firsthand. Had you, you would realize the vast majority of opposition to illegal immigration has no racial basis whatsoever. Are there anti-illegal racists? Absolutely! Are there pro-illegal racists? Absolutely! I’m not a racist, and I really don’t give a flying fig what you or any other illegal alien apologist may think. I can’t control your thoughts or beliefs; I can only control my response.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Given that this black woman has never “foamed at the mouth,” I’m not sure if my opinion is relevant. Moreover, I doubt if anything an ‘anti’ states would even tenuously penetrate the psyche of a hidebound bleeding heart. Your motives are patent, but I’ll briefly play along.

Prior to the “immigrant” protest marches, I had little interest in illegal immigration. Subsequently, I have been enlightened to the devious tactics of our government, the corporate elite, and special interest groups whose greed is systematically destroying this country -- and illegal immigration is a salient component of that insidious agenda.

Apparently, you have never experienced racism firsthand. Had you, you would realize the vast majority of opposition to illegal immigration has no racial basis whatsoever. Are there anti-illegal racists? Absolutely! Are there pro-illegal racists? Absolutely! I’m not a racist, and I really don’t give a flying fig what you or any other illegal alien apologist may think. I can’t control your thoughts or beliefs; I can only control my response.
What SHE said...

Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I happen to be a man of color, and have been following the immigration debate for decades.

My personal opinion is that illegal [Latino] immigration would never/could never have happened without business and government. People who come here illegally, are looking for the opportunities that they already know exist. So when those opposed to such immigration argue that "they're taking our jobs", my response is always that those jobs cannot be "taken"; they can only be given. Now, I understand and appreciate how illegal labor as a whole, has driven down wages in some occupations, but aside from decent construction jobs, those occupations consisted mainly of menial and hard labor anyway. Sadly, opponents to illegal immigrants have succeeded in convincing some Black Americans that the Mexicans have stolen our jobs. But as a middle class Black man, I've never had an illegal immigrant "take" my job. Nor have any of my Black friends, acquaintences or family members.

Therefore, as a Black man, I view this opposition in a few ways: (1) it's demeaning to Blacks AND Latinos, to the extent that people have tried to pit "us" against "them" for the table-crumb jobs; (2) it's ethnically biased, to the extent that it would be much less of a problem if we were talking about blonde, blue-eyed Canadians coming across the northern border; and (3) the ethnic and racial hatred that it engenders, while ignoring the primarily White and well-off benefactors and facilitators of illegal labor.
My profession requires a minimum of a Master’s degree, as well as additional certification. Thus, I have no fear of having my livelihood “stolen” by an illiterate and/or un-skilled individual of ANY persuasion. Furthermore, when did opposition to lawlessness, and the decimation of our sovereignty, become tantamount to ignorance?

Common sense dictates that low-skilled and uneducated Americans of every race/ethnicity are being impacted by massive illegal immigration. By your own admission, skilled tradespersons have been displaced by cheap illegal labor. The mythical jobs that “Americans won’t do” were in fact being performed by U.S. citizens prior to the inception of this modern-day ‘slave’ enterprise. Obviously, you lack the requisite empathy to actually share in the misery of your fellow countrymen, or to give a damn how illegal immigration may have shattered their lives.

As a Black man, where do you think you would be today had it not been for the decency and compassion of others who were NOT directly impacted by slavery or the racism and oppression Black Americans endured? Had it not been for the involvement of White people, the Underground Railroad and the Civil Rights Movement could not have succeeded. Nor would equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws have been enacted. So no, my Black life isn’t personally being ravaged by illegal aliens; but neither were the many decent White people who had enough kindness in their hearts to feel the pain of other human beings. They could have been as narcissistic as you, and ignored the suffering of others. After all, it didn’t personally impact their lives.

So while you’re feeling self-righteous and supercilious, think of what you are actually supporting. Take just a few minutes out of your pompous life, and consider millions of your Black brothers and sisters who have the misfortune of lacking marketable skills. Yes, they ARE being displaced, along with millions of other citizens of this country. But hey, illegals aren’t bothering you, your Black family, friends, or acquaintances, so all is well.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
My profession requires a minimum of a Master’s degree, as well as additional certification. Thus, I have no fear of having my livelihood “stolen” by an illiterate and/or un-skilled individual of ANY persuasion. Furthermore, when did opposition to lawlessness, and the decimation of our sovereignty, become tantamount to ignorance?

Common sense dictates that low-skilled and uneducated Americans of every race/ethnicity are being impacted by massive illegal immigration. By your own admission, skilled tradespersons have been displaced by cheap illegal labor. The mythical jobs that “Americans won’t do” were in fact being performed by U.S. citizens prior to the inception of this modern-day ‘slave’ enterprise. Obviously, you lack the requisite empathy to actually share in the misery of your fellow countrymen, or to give a damn how illegal immigration may have shattered their lives.

As a Black man, where do you think you would be today had it not been for the decency and compassion of others who were NOT directly impacted by slavery or the racism and oppression Black Americans endured? Had it not been for the involvement of White people, the Underground Railroad and the Civil Rights Movement could not have succeeded. Nor would equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws have been enacted. So no, my Black life isn’t personally being ravaged by illegal aliens; but neither were the many decent White people who had enough kindness in their hearts to feel the pain of other human beings. They could have been as narcissistic as you, and ignored the suffering of others. After all, it didn’t personally impact their lives.

So while you’re feeling self-righteous and supercilious, think of what you are actually supporting. Take just a few minutes out of your pompous life, and consider millions of your Black brothers and sisters who have the misfortune of lacking marketable skills. Yes, they ARE being displaced, along with millions of other citizens of this country. But hey, illegals aren’t bothering you, your Black family, friends, or acquaintances, so all is well.
You just touched the very core of all that is wrong with those who have sat on the sidelines and allowed this country to be invaded by a majority of illegal aliens who are 3rd grade educated, unskilled and unworthy of anything remotely resembling American citizenship.

It is the attitudes of those such as the poster that you educated whose lack of caring about his fellow Americans has assisted the invaders in the accelerated demise of our country.

Thank you for so eloquently stating how all Americans who love America and treasure our sovereignty and way of life truly feel.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You just touched the very core of all that is wrong with those who have sat on the sidelines and allowed this country to be invaded by a majority of illegal aliens who are 3rd grade educated, unskilled and unworthy of anything remotely resembling American citizenship.

It is the attitudes of those such as the poster that you educated whose lack of caring about his fellow Americans has assisted the invaders in the accelerated demise of our country.

Thank you for so eloquently stating how all Americans who love America and treasure our sovereignty and way of life truly feel.
And: both of you are also inferring that racism between American Blacks and Whites is breaking down because we are all under siege for the reasons that you ladies so eloquently stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration