U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
 
239 posts, read 761,150 times
Reputation: 194

Advertisements

No, you are wrong. There are more legal immigrants than ever before and the percentage of residents who are foreign born is almost at a record high. These immigrant groups are alot more organized and well funded than they were in the 1930s and support illegal immigration in the courts, in the media and poitically.

Yes there are native born Americans doing the dirty jobs but the percentage of people who are willing to do these types of jobs effectively is down and employers have determined that immigrants legal and illegal are better workers and more willing to stick around and do the job for the type of pay our world economy can afford to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are wrong. Americans will still work in slaughterhouses, do landscaping and some will still do agricultural work. We have unlimited visas for LEGAL foreign workers for crop picking where there may be a shortage. You keep saying "immigrants" but the subject is illegal aliens, not immigrants.

There is no "immigrant" community that is growing larger only illegal alien communities and they have no political power in this country.

No it isn't impossble to self-deport these millions of illegals by taking away the incentives to remain here. They are here for the jobs, benefits and to drop and anchor or so that gives their kids instant citizenship. Take away all of the above and most of them will self-deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
No, you are wrong. There are more legal immigrants than ever before and the percentage of residents who are foreign born is almost at a record high. These immigrant groups are alot more organized and well funded than they were in the 1930s and support illegal immigration in the courts, in the media and poitically.

Yes there are native born Americans doing the dirty jobs but the percentage of people who are willing to do these types of jobs effectively is down and
Quote:
employers have determined that immigrants legal and illegal are better workers and more willing to stick around and do the job for the type of pay our world economy can afford to pay.
Show some proof of what your saying.

It started when migrants were let in to temperarily replace thousands of Americas who were off to war.
It had nothing to do with who could do a better job.
Now it's all about "less taxes and more profit"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
No, you are wrong. There are more legal immigrants than ever before and the percentage of residents who are foreign born is almost at a record high. These immigrant groups are alot more organized and well funded than they were in the 1930s and support illegal immigration in the courts, in the media and poitically.

Yes there are native born Americans doing the dirty jobs but the percentage of people who are willing to do these types of jobs effectively is down and employers have determined that immigrants legal and illegal are better workers and more willing to stick around and do the job for the type of pay our world economy can afford to pay.
Are you claiming that there are more legal immigrants that aren't citizens yet or that we have more foreign born citizens? Please post a link to your claims.

No, employers are using illegal aliens because they work cheaper not because they are better workers. There is no evidence that legal immigrants work harder than citizens either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you claiming that there are more legal immigrants that aren't citizens yet or that we have more foreign born citizens? Please post a link to your claims.

No, employers are using illegal aliens because they work cheaper not because they are better workers. There is no evidence that legal immigrants work harder than citizens either.
I think this person is young and uneducated on the reality of illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 12:12 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,198 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think this person is young and uneducated on the reality of illegal immigration.
And I think you're being generous. I think some may be only young and uneducated, but a large portion are fully aware that this is wrong and are desperate to have their way so they use whatever tools they have handy..
These same people who think we should support them and grant amnesty would be outraged if their birth countries took the same stance with illegals. They think they have a right to make demands of us, but they owe nothing to anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 AM
 
1 posts, read 404 times
Reputation: 10
Send all illegals back to there countrys,and the jobs that need to be filled by this move,make the people that are on welfare programs fill these jobs,and if they refuse CUT off there benifits.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top