U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: HOOVER, TRUMAN AND EISENHOWER

Here is something that should be of great interest.

During the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered
the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available
to American citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to
create jobs for returning veterans and to stop the drain on the economy.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13
million Mexican nationals! The program was called 'Operation *******'
so that American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs.

It took 2 years, but they deported them!

Now, if they could deport the illegal's back then, they can sure do it
today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter
Operation ******* into your favorite search engine and confirm it
for yourself.

Reminder. Don't forget to pay your taxes... 12 million Illegal Aliens
are depending on you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_*******
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
"Democratic state Sen. Joe Dunn, a self-described "Irish white guy from Minnesota" who sponsored the state bill, is now pushing a measure to require students be taught about the 1930s emigration. He says as many as 2 million people of Mexican ancestry were coerced into leaving, 60% of them U.S. citizens. " U.S. urged to apologize for 1930s deportations - USATODAY.com

Old 03-14-2009, 12:20 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
"Democratic state Sen. Joe Dunn, a self-described "Irish white guy from Minnesota" who sponsored the state bill, is now pushing a measure to require students be taught about the 1930s emigration. He says as many as 2 million people of Mexican ancestry were coerced into leaving, 60% of them U.S. citizens. " U.S. urged to apologize for 1930s deportations - USATODAY.com
That did happen. and it's fact...(though I question whether the deportees were actually 60% American citizens).

What it has to do with TODAY, though, I'm not sure. I suppose it might be a warning for us to make SURE that when we deport people, they're not citizens. Beyond that, I fail to see the import of this story on today's situation. Society was VASTLY different in the 1930's, in almost every imaginable way, than it is today.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,808 times
What this has to do with today, Macmeal, is that now there is a precedence for deporting illegal aliens, who don't belong here in the first place. Many people feel that the illegals are doing the jobs that nobody wants to do. That is all well and good, but then they should do the same job as a legal immigrant and pay their taxes.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 PM

155 posts, read 146,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: HOOVER, TRUMAN AND EISENHOWER

Here is something that should be of great interest.

During the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered
the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available
to American citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to
create jobs for returning veterans and to stop the drain on the economy.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13
million Mexican nationals! The program was called 'Operation *******'
so that American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs.

It took 2 years, but they deported them!

Now, if they could deport the illegal's back then, they can sure do it
today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter
Operation ******* into your favorite search engine and confirm it
for yourself.

Reminder. Don't forget to pay your taxes... 12 million Illegal Aliens
are depending on you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_*******
[SIZE=1] Jests (1844) 11][/SIZE]
The Italians having a Proverb, He that deceives me Once, it's his Fault; but Twice it is my fault.
[1650 A. Welldon Secret History of King James I (1690) 88]
He that deceives me once, it is his faul[t]; if twice, it is mine.
[1659 N. R. Proverbs English, French, Dutch, Italian & Spanish 54]

Bracero Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, over 500,000 Mexican Americans were deported or pressured to leave, during the Mexican Repatriation. There were thus fewer Mexican Americans available when labor demand returned with World War II.
The Bracero Program was initially prompted by a demand for manual labor during World War II, and begun with the U.S. government bringing in a few hundred experienced Mexican agricultural laborers to harvest sugar beets in the Stockton, California area. The program soon spread to cover most of the United States and provided workers for the agriculture labor market (with the notable exception was Texas, who initially opted out of the program in preference of an "open border" policy, and were denied braceros by the Mexican government until 1947 due to perceived mistreatment of Mexican laborers[1]). As an important corollary, the railroad bracero program was independently negotiated to supply U.S. railroads initially with unskilled workers for track maintenance but eventually to cover other unskilled and skilled labor. By 1945, the quota for the agricultural program was more than 75,000 braceros working in the U.S. railroad system and 50,000 braceros working in U.S. agriculture at any one time.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me: Information from Answers.com

YOU SEE THAT hilighted the mexica government after the
great depression was upset and denied workers to the texan farmers, because of the previous mistreatment of hoover, and do you know what the texan farmers did? google that...
then they deported them again..

in the great depression, in the fifties
which the mexican govermnent TRY TO DO IT LEGALLY...
AND BOTH times were deported

so as a society we do not learn..huh according to history, so we deport them, and we bring em back when things pick up? you think?

[SIZE=2]He that deceives me once, it is his faul[t]; if twice, it is mine.
[1659 N. R. Proverbs English, French, Dutch, Italian & Spanish 54]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]WHOSE FAULT IS IT ACCORDING TO THESE PROVERB??????[/SIZE]

Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 PM

155 posts, read 146,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
That did happen. and it's fact...(though I question whether the deportees were actually 60% American citizens).

What it has to do with TODAY, though, I'm not sure. I suppose it might be a warning for us to make SURE that when we deport people, they're not citizens. Beyond that, I fail to see the import of this story on today's situation. Society was VASTLY different in the 1930's, in almost every imaginable way, than it is today.
with american citizens growing older, and their young ones aborting their children for the gratification of their materialistic world,
you better pray theres no future
wars
with ISLAM, CHINA, PAKISTAN, EUROISLAM, AFRICAN TERRORIST(POPULATION EXPLOSION IN AFRICA)

OR ELSE GUESS WHAT...
ILLEGALS ARE BACK...

ACCORDING TO MR HOOVER, TRUMAN, EIK, AND I GUESS OBAMA..LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

KEEP DISPLACING THE NOMAD, AND YOU MIGHT JUST PISSED HIM OFF, AND HE MIGHT FEEL entitled
THE FOURTH TIME...LOL

Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 AM

60,111 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Yet they keep saying, there is no way to deport all illegals. I say BS!

It has been done in the past with less resources and technology.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 AM

239 posts, read 761,150 times
Back then (in the 1930s) a good percentage of white native born Americans were perfectly motivated to do jobs like slaughterhouse, agriculture and landscaping. Now we need immigrants to do some of these jobs and as the immigrant community grows larger their political power gets higher and higher.
So it would be politically impossible to have such a large deportation of illegals today.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
Back then (in the 1930s) a good percentage of white native born Americans were perfectly motivated to do jobs like slaughterhouse, agriculture and landscaping. Now we need immigrants to do some of these jobs and as the immigrant community grows larger their political power gets higher and higher.
So it would be politically impossible to have such a large deportation of illegals today.
You are wrong. Americans will still work in slaughterhouses, do landscaping and some will still do agricultural work. We have unlimited visas for LEGAL foreign workers for crop picking where there may be a shortage. You keep saying "immigrants" but the subject is illegal aliens, not immigrants.

There is no "immigrant" community that is growing larger only illegal alien communities and they have no political power in this country.

No it isn't impossble to self-deport these millions of illegals by taking away the incentives to remain here. They are here for the jobs, benefits and to drop and anchor or so that gives their kids instant citizenship. Take away all of the above and most of them will self-deport.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are wrong. Americans will still work in slaughterhouses, do landscaping and some will still do agricultural work. We have unlimited visas for LEGAL foreign workers for crop picking where there may be a shortage. You keep saying "immigrants" but the subject is illegal aliens, not immigrants.

There is no "immigrant" community that is growing larger only illegal alien communities and they have no political power in this country.

No it isn't impossble to self-deport these millions of illegals by taking away the incentives to remain here. They are here for the jobs, benefits and to drop and anchor or so that gives their kids instant citizenship. Take away all of the above and most of them will self-deport.
How do they think illegals got these jobs in the first place?
They make it sound as if American workers said "to hell with it, I can't do this work any more", and walked way.
Americans were forced from these jobs, just like today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration