U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:29 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I don't think you should use information gained from your job to do this. But hey...go for it. I wonder what you school board would think?

a·non·y·mous [/SIZE] (-nn-ms)

ADJECTIVE:
  1. Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
  2. Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
  3. Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: "a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peace" (Alan Paton)

1. ETYMOLOGY:
From Late Latin annymus, from Greek annumos, nameless : an-, without ; see 1 + onuma, name (influenced by earlier nnumnos, nameless); see n-men- in Indo-European roots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[/b]

[SIZE=-1] a·non·y·mous [/SIZE] (-nn-ms) [SIZE=-2] KEY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] ADJECTIVE: [/SIZE]
  1. Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
  2. Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
  3. Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: "a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peace" (Alan Paton).

[SIZE=-1]ETYMOLOGY:[/SIZE]
From Late Latin annymus, from Greek annumos, nameless : an-, without ; see [SIZE=-1]a-[/SIZE] 1 + onuma, name (influenced by earlier nnumnos, nameless); see n-men- in Indo-European roots
Nothing is anonymous. He is posting on a a public message board about it. Anyone could match user name to real name. Then the real name to a teacher/coach in the Houston area. It would take me less then 30 minutes. Want to test me? Should I find out who the anonymous hero is? I won't do it unless you really want to push/test me...

Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Booker look in the mirror.... You will see a good American looking back at you. A good neighbor and a good citizen.
Someone once said " all evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing" We have seen a lot of evil, and wrongs succeeding because no one wants to get involved. Thank you for your service.
Agreed. The evil in our government and corporations coupled with that of the illegal aliens they support and encourage has gone unchecked for far too long. It is unfortunate that only a few of us decided to fight against them before the impending collapse of America. The tanking economy woke the rest of them up.

Booker is to be applauded for taking a necessary stand in taking our country back.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Nothing is anonymous. He is posting on a a public message board about it. Anyone could match user name to real name. Then the real name to a teacher/coach in the Houston area. It would take me less then 30 minutes. Want to test me? Should I find out who the anonymous hero is? I won't do it unless you really want to push/test me...
In light of the fact that reporting a crime IN AMERICA isn't a crime, and he IS NOT THE CRIMINAL, it doesn't matter what information you are able to obtain about him does it?

The burning questions at hand are: Why does it matter to you and more importantly, what are you afraid of?

Old 03-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
In light of the fact that reporting a crime IN AMERICA isn't a crime, it doesn't matter what information you are able to obtain about him does it?
True, reporting a crime is not a crime.

However using personal/confidential student information for unofficial school business most certainly is against school board policy. Might even be a crime...

And that is why I told him to speak with a trusted person (professor) before he does it. Makes sense? Especially after he posted that he was going to do this on a public message board.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
In light of the fact that reporting a crime IN AMERICA isn't a crime, and he IS NOT THE CRIMINAL, it doesn't matter what information you are able to obtain about him does it?

The real issues at hand are: why does it matter to you unless you are or have illegal kids in his school district and more importantly, what are you afraid of?
In Arizona, he is in Texas. Nothing to hide.

Why do I care? Because student information should remain confidential. Very sure he signed a contract stating this...What he is doing is highly unethical and may be a crime.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
True, reporting a crime is not a crime.

However using personal/confidential student information for unofficial school business most certainly is against school board policy. Might even be a crime...

And that is why I told him to speak with a trusted person (professor) before he does it. Makes sense? Especially after he posted that he was going to do this on a public message board.
There could be countless numbers of people who are planning to do the same thing. Simply because he posed the question and participated in the discussion on this forum doesn't mean that he can be tied to the act of passing along the information.

He can easily avoid being accused of anything by sending the information/records to the media and allowing them to investigate, confirm and pass the information along to ICE; or they can simply report it as part of their broadcast.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,747,253 times
Quote:
How do you know for sure? You do know you are prohibited from asking for documentation of parents’ or students’ legal status in the United States, Right?

You call but it is highly unethical. Goes against the 1982 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Plyler v. Doe. The court ruled that children are entitled to receive a free public K-12 education in this country regardless of their immigration status.

School officials are prohibited from asking for documentation of parents’ or students’ legal status in the United States, such as asking for Social Security numbers.

You should look at your school/board policy before you act. How much is your job worth to you? If you violate board policy and they find out then you are gone. That simple.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

It's a duck.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
There could be countless numbers of people who are planning to do the same thing. Simply because he posed the question and participated in the discussion on this forum doesn't mean that he can be tied to the act of passing along the information.

He can easily avoid being accused of anything by sending the information/records to the media and allowing them to investigate, confirm and pass the information along to ICE; or they can simply report it as part of their broadcast.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.
Or someone can send his information to the media and let them know what he is doing with confidential student information.

And he posted this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
Thank you. I will be gathering the addresses of the PARENTS of the students and calling this summer most likely. I wish all the alien supporters would visit schools and see how much of a drain they are on teachers and the whole system in general.
Like I said, talk to a trusted professor. Learn the ramifications before you do it.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Or someone can send his information to the media and let them know what he is doing with confidential student information.

And he posted this...

Like I said, talk to a trusted professor. Learn the ramifications before you do it.
You gave him advice, he declined it. Your issuance of veiled threats about what will happen to him if he goes forward with information pertaining to a crime is not an admirable quality. Additionally, at the end of the day, he alone will decide what to do.

That being said, we can agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or