U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How is reporting illegals to ICE anti-immigrant?
Note the quote i was responding to. According to that quote, ibbario is not a "true american" because of his views on immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM

16 posts, read 23,722 times
Default Using students personal information-policy?

A school teacher posted a thread in the immigration forum, thoughts about deporting his illegal alien students by searching for thier confidential information through the school records. Does this violate a school board policy?

Can I do this?
I am a teacher and was wondering about this. What if I know a student (or several) of mine is in the country illegally with their parents? Can I call ICE on them? I know the district won't do it since they HAVE to educate everyone.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:36 PM

470 posts, read 1,030,163 times
Like others have if you are going to do it, PLEASE be sure they are here illegally...

I know as a tan Hispanic person I would be pretty pissed off if someone accused me of being an illegal person; I would prob. blow a gasket if they called ICE on me lol.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:43 PM

472 posts, read 627,582 times
First - I am as anti-illegal alien as most anyone, and it irritates me to no end that we support and educate people in this country illegaly.

Second - Someone once answered when I asked a "can I do ....." with "if you have to ask, the answer is probably NO".

Third - Another answer to the same question was "you should do whatever you think you can afford".

Fourth - The advise provided in a rights & responsibilities class was if you want to pursue a percieve wrong, have at it. You must first be certain that you have all the facts, that you can completely back up your actions with fact, law, and regulations.

Fifth - Be prepared to stick with it to the bitter end. If you try to bail out in mid stream, the opposition will hang you out to dry.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:51 PM

706 posts, read 3,355,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyze View Post
A school teacher posted a thread in the immigration forum, thoughts about deporting his illegal alien students by searching for thier confidential information through the school records. Does this violate a school board policy?

Can I do this?
I am a teacher and was wondering about this. What if I know a student (or several) of mine is in the country illegally with their parents? Can I call ICE on them? I know the district won't do it since they HAVE to educate everyone.
I'm curious.

Why would you want to do that?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 PM

16 posts, read 23,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
I'm curious.

Why would you want to do that?

"Thank you. I will be gathering the addresses of the PARENTS of the students and calling this summer most likely. I wish all the alien supporters would visit schools and see how much of a drain they are on teachers and the whole system in general."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...-can-i-do.html

Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,186,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Like others have if you are going to do it, PLEASE be sure they are here illegally...

I know as a tan Hispanic person I would be pretty pissed off if someone accused me of being an illegal person; I would prob. blow a gasket if they called ICE on me lol.
Nobody wants to racially profile Americans or legal immigrants from Mexico as illegals aliens. What can we do though?

80%+ of illegals are from Mexico. That is a FACT.

It is almost impossible to deal with this problem without resorting to racial profiling. And that is unfortunate. We need to stop tiptoeing around the issue and take it seriously. I want the illegals out of this country. If that means randomly checking the ID of people who don't speak any English and look Hispanic, then so be it!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Nobody wants to racially profile Americans or legal immigrants from Mexico as illegals aliens. What can we do though?

80%+ of illegals are from Mexico. That is a FACT.

It is almost impossible to deal with this problem without resorting to racial profiling. And that is unfortunate.
How about error on the side of caution, like I said if anyone racial profiled me and accused me of being here without papers as an iraq vet I would be very very pissed off. Any other legal immigrant or just any Hispanic in general would be too..

I really don't mind people being all against illegal immigration, not really my bone to chew on but it's people like you who will make me stand up and oppose this. You are just creating more enemies with that idiotic approach.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

It's a duck.
Not necesarily, the cliche does not apply here.

If you own the same type of duck that your neighbor does and they are free to roam around the property; if one is missing, would you be able to tell out of the bunch which one is yours? I dont think so.

You cannot tell if someone is legal by simply looking at them. I know foreigners who speak limited english and have citizenship. There is no way you can tell at all...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Not necesarily, the cliche does not apply here.

If you own the same type of duck that your neighbor does and they are free to roam around the property; if one is missing, would you be able to tell out of the bunch which one is yours? I dont think so.

You cannot tell if someone is legal by simply looking at them. I know foreigners who speak limited english and have citizenship. There is no way you can tell at all...
Exactly, I know these type of people too. Came here legally and have green cards but have been working their whole lives here to make their kids life's better. For whatever reason they have not learned English, maybe because they work longs hours to get by or they just do not feel like it...either way they are here legally.

Like I said earlier I really don't have side in this fight, but if some of these people go all nuts and I GET RACIALLY profiled you can bet I will try to get involved and they just made themselves another enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or