U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,186,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
How about error on the side of caution, like I said if anyone racial profiled me and accused me of being here without papers as an iraq vet I would be very very pissed off. Any other legal immigrant or just any Hispanic in general would be too..

I really don't mind people being all against illegal immigration, not really my bone to chew on but it's people like you who will make me stand up and oppose this. You are just creating more enemies with that idiotic approach.
I do not want to turn you into an enemy. You are a fellow American who should not be accused of being an illegal just because you look a certain way. I don't like racial profiling at all but there is no way to avoid it when the majority of illegals are from one area. I do think we should put more emphasis on punishing employers who hire illegals and building a border fence. However, that doesn't mean that we should not use racial profilling in certain areas (like border towns in SW) that is known to have a very high concentration of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
If he is doing his job by turning these people in then would I not be doing my job by turning him in?

He is turning in a lawbreaker and I would be doing the same...
Job as an American? .........NO

Old 03-15-2009, 07:05 AM

365 posts, read 667,475 times
yesterday I was watching c-span and it was
about the border violence in mexico....

and on the committe they were high ranking officials...
asking and trying to see where
the representives..
of ice and the border patrol and the home land security standed on these new trends...

and when one of the officials..ask the border patrol man...why did the numbers not match with the ones with the ICE department...and he just stood there blank...for a second...then the official..ask him...
what I think you should do is concentrate with your respective branches...in cooperating in catching the badguys..not DISHWASHERS...

lets face..it...were bankrupt...no money can be attributed to senseless
ways were we are not stimulating the economy like subsidising some hi biotech techology out there....

and hold on...do you know what the border patroL men said? he said and he was right. he said well does dishwashers clog up the system...and
then it just really makes it difficult to catch the bad guys...

well LET THE PHONE RINGS I AM PRETTY SURE..YOU WOULD NOT BE CLOGGING THE SYSTEM FOR THE NARCOS....to go arrest a little five year old..somewhere in america..while some weirdo smuggles 100 pounds of cocaine with street value...of millions of dollars...

you as a citezen would suy yupey..we save ourselves...
20 dollars a day..because that is what it cost to have a child in school you know if you dont believe me check....

and that weirdo..just incarcerated...10 guys...two are in intensive care...and 100 are commiting some other crime associated with it...

CLOG IT..
CLOG IT..
CLOG IT..
BLOW THE HORN...
BLOW THE HORN..
LOL

Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 AM

27,447 posts, read 44,947,050 times
actually I think that is a violation of the privacy law and you as an employee of the district would be in violation of district policy and open to termination if the district does not turn these people over to immigration itself...
you are obligated to report child abuse you suspect because that is a law
but there is no law that says people are supposed to call la migra about people who think are illegals...unless maybe a situation where they are trying to get hired by your business and present false papers...

Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
I know an administrator at our school who found out some Illegals gave the school false records about where they lived( out of the district). She was able to use that information to have them investigated for giving false information and they were later deported once the authorities found out the parents were here illegally.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:26 PM

477 posts, read 570,757 times
Those of us who truly care about America will "Thank you" for doing the right thing and turning in the illegals. Let us know how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or