U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Like my old history teacher said the only way to stop illegal immigration from Mexico is to make Mexico a better place to live....easier said than done lol. ****ing Mexico is prob. more racist than the U.S., it's also a country with no middle class. It's almost like the elite like the way it is right now and wont bother to change it anytime soon.
Your history teacher was HALF right. Making Mexico a better place to live, would certainly slow down the rate of illegal immigration heading here (the US). Unfortunately, as I've said for YEARS, it would ALSO taper off if the USA became a WORSE place to live. We're seeing just a 'hint' of this now, with our severe economic downturn.

It takes a certain "difference" in economies to get people to leave the 'familiar' and set out into the 'unfamiliar'. I've always estimated this to be roughly, say, a difference of 15 to 20%. Once the US deteriorates..or Mexico IMPROVES...(or BOTH happen), to the point that the difference between the two countries, economically, is 20% or less, the effort and risk inherent in illegally moving from one to the other will be seen as 'not worth it', and the practice will stop.

Not a comforting thought, our being so reduced in living standards that we no longer "attract" illegals...but it's something to think about. Great societies have gone 'in the toilet' before, and they will again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM

470 posts, read 1,030,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Don't think I am going to buy that because 1. The US is not racist. (over 20 million illegals prove that) 2. If Mexico is going to change Mexico needs do it . (not our problem) and 3. The wall is working. (Reduced numbers of illegal's) The "Wall" in Israel is a good example of how well it could work.
Don't buy it then, just means you have no idea...

The US has racist people , but not as much as Mexico from what I have seen, hence my little rant on Mexican society...you must be living under a rock

The wall sucks, it's just draining money, putting a little patch in the leak. For once I agree with Bostonian123, if you are going to make a wall make a good wall. The current one sucks ballz. Also the reason there are reduced numbers is because of the economy and increased border patrol numbers.

I repeat the current wall Moderator cut: inappropriate language and it's just a drain of money, maybe if it was better....

Last edited by Yac; 03-17-2009 at 04:01 AM..

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

1,592 posts, read 2,998,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
well the determined professionals are the ones that we should worry its always the civil world....that creates truthfully the greateast harm...
but what would you know about that...
and what does russia and italy have to do with tijuana..??see you dont understand....

when a lot of sycilans arrive into america...they brought their mafia mentality..and with that they establish connections and made cosa nostra into an international...professional narcos....and i would bet anything that those are the ones that started the cartels with columba...and woke mexico to be what it is...

now russia..when the soviet union broke up...you had all those
ex-kgb smuggling weapons..laundering money from maine to florida..my friend...and no stupid wall really stop them...

and if the walls work so well...how come around 60 percent of the illegals come from mexico...where do the other 40% come from..let me tell..you..
vietnam, chinese, colimbians, peruvians, easter eurpeans...come
thru airports...and a lot overstay their visas....
I don't care what you say -- we need that fence and we need it PRONTO! Entendido? Look what happened to California -- overrun by illegals -- state nearly bankrupt, schools a crock, hospitals closed. Tax payers leaving in droves.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
I don't care what you say -- we need that fence and we need it PRONTO! Entendido? Look what happened to California -- overrun by illegals -- state nearly bankrupt, schools a crock, hospitals closed. Tax payers leaving in droves.
if you were a stock owner of a californian company...youre to blame
if you took an equaty check as collateral from your house in california..you are to blame
if you supported reduction of taxes..you are to blame
Farming-related sales have more than quadrupled over the past three decades, from $7.3 billion in 1974 to nearly $31 billion in 2004
in california...if you were a farmer you are to blame
California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...ition_13_(1978)

The proposition's passage resulted in a cap on property tax rates in the state, reducing them by an average of 57%.

57 percent!!!! knowing well that 20 years from now..we were going to have all this baby boomers

can come with...more buddy...illegals did not bankrupt...
it was our rich..that did not put the money back that they stole from
american taxpayers...and slave wages....

Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
and guess who are the ones that are running?the rich..

made the quick buck...screw the taxpayer..and left the perfect
scapegoat...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
to prevent illegals from coming to the usa...simply,,,dont hired them....

second why the walls wont prevent the cartels from coming?

have you ever heard of

the italian mafia?
the russian mafia?

operating in the united states?

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Organized Crime - Italian Organized Crime - Overview
Russian Mafia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

operating in america..? and guess what ...It was all those legal europeans that created a market for drugs to be imported to the americas....
latin americans are their cheap...administrators...of their post....if you think
mexican, columbian cartels get a lot of money..you dont even know
that the elites of america..are making
TONS...OF IT...BUT YET its a mexican problem..a third world problem...

and trust me..
those two mafias...dont have a wall from maine to florida to stop them..what makes you think a land border will...
lol..
american taxpayers lets save our 3 billion dollars to a better used....

I dont think a wall would be a good idea either, but a canal 1 mile wide and 500 feet deep would be a good idea. providing thousands of jobs to build it, and then we do not have to rely on the panama canal to go across between oceans.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 AM

471 posts, read 855,764 times
This Fence is making me think of the Great Wall of China, just not as magestic, but still for similar purposes.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont think a wall would be a good idea either, but a canal 1 mile wide and 500 feet deep would be a good idea. providing thousands of jobs to build it, and then we do not have to rely on the panama canal to go across between oceans.
Excellent idea! We could kill two birds with one stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration