Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
haha, yeah okay. Press conference and everything. Charles Barkley got special treatment, and was just another photo-op for Arpaio.
You also avoid the point that Joe was able to get a MAJOR hero to a lot of kids to agree to go into the schools and talk to the kids about drinking and driving.

If it takes a press conference about that - great.

Joe got the job done - that is all that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 03:46 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You also avoid the point that Joe was able to get a MAJOR hero to a lot of kids to agree to go into the schools and talk to the kids about drinking and driving.

If it takes a press conference about that - great.

Joe got the job done - that is all that matters.
That's great for what it is(even though I don't know if many kids know who Charles Barkley is, or whether or not he's a good example), but you're giving Arpaio way too much credit.
I think this discussion is stemming from someone's comment that Joe "doesn't pull any punches", when he obviously gave preferential treatment to Barkley.
The pedestal you guys put this clown on, as if he can do no wrong, kind of irks me. Everything he does is some kind of divine action, lol.

I mean, how do you guys feel about his intimidation of the media, and doing unannounced armed raids on city buildings?

Old 03-19-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
That's great for what it is(even though I don't know if many kids know who Charles Barkley is, or whether or not he's a good example),
In Phoenix? Chuck is VERY WELL KNOWN!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We need many more Joe Arpaios
He is probably the only public official that swore an aoth to uphold "OUR" constitution against all terrioust from within and from without ! and is doing it !!! check it out ! we should have voted him for PRESIDENT>

Old 03-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
In Phoenix? Chuck is VERY WELL KNOWN!
By young kids? He hasn't played ball in 9 years.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
He is probably the only public official that swore an aoth to uphold "OUR" constitution against all terrioust from within and from without ! and is doing it !!! check it out ! we should have voted him for PRESIDENT>

Maybe president of the Minuteman Project.
He won't go far outside of Arizona.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
By young kids? He hasn't played ball in 9 years.
Again, Chuck is VERY well known. Keep in mind - he is also an on-air personality

As for the Drinking and Driving talks he is now doing - its in the High Schools.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Again, Chuck is VERY well known. Keep in mind - he is also an on-air personality

As for the Drinking and Driving talks he is now doing - its in the High Schools.
You're dissecting a small part of what I said, hence it being in paranthesis.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,943 times
Quote:
That's great for what it is(even though I don't know if many kids know who Charles Barkley is, or whether or not he's a good example), but you're giving Arpaio way too much credit.
I think this discussion is stemming from someone's comment that Joe "doesn't pull any punches", when he obviously gave preferential treatment to Barkley.
The pedestal you guys put this clown on, as if he can do no wrong, kind of irks me. Everything he does is some kind of divine action, lol.

I mean, how do you guys feel about his intimidation of the media, and doing unannounced armed raids on city buildings?
ONE last time! If there is an illegal working there , what don't you understand "THAT HIS JOB" thats what he swore an aoth to do ! That what he is doing . What you really should be mad about is the other state officials that are not doing the same! or that have illegals doing there yard work and house cleaning .

Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
ONE last time! If there is an illegal working there , what don't you understand "THAT HIS JOB" thats what he swore an aoth to do ! That what he is doing . What you really should be mad about is the other state officials that are not doing the same! or that have illegals doing there yard work and house cleaning .
Racial profiling, launching investigations against political rivals, intimidating free press, creating conditions in which several inmates have died in, losing millions of taxpayer dollars to all the lawsuits against him, ignoring serious warrants by taking on a crusade against Hispanic illegals or anybody who vaguely looks like them, raiding city buildings in armed unannounced raids, creating a civilian posse of vigilante types, keeping quiet about state money spent in Honduras,...

Yeah, I want that here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration