Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,277,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm glad I asked for clarification - you are seriously misinformed - SERIOUSLY misinformed.

Under a program put forth by the federal government, Sheriff Arpaio had a large number of Deputies from his department - not volunteers as you assert - regular police officers, go through Federal training and they were then Sworn in as Federal Law Enforcement Officers. This allowed them to enforce Federal Immigration Laws. They do not harass anyone. They do inquire, as is permitted under the law, a persons immigration status - and if they are in the country illegally - they are detained and then turned over to ICE for processing and deportation. Again, these are NOT volunteers - they are full time, professional, law enforcement officers.

Sheriff Arpaio was the first Department in the country to partake of this program. Since then, the Phoenix PD, Tucson PD, Pima County Sheriff, Coconino County Sheriff (and more in AZ) and Law enforcement agencies all over the country have taken Joe's lead and are now doing the very same thing.

I would suggest that before you continue to look very foolish on this issue, you get yourself WELL educated on the matter that clearly, YOU are NOT at all informed about now.
Quote:
The posse, whose ranks have increased to 3,000 members under Arpaio, is the nation’s largest volunteer posse
www.mcso.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM

365 posts, read 754,143 times
Quote:
Wow - you have a serious hard on for OUR Sheriff. Well, guess what? We like him.

OBTW: I'm curious about your comment "creating a civilian posse of vigilante types" - exactly what / who are you talking about?
well thats good that you like em. hopefully someday he touches someones wrong button at wrong place at the wrong time. forget illegals, If one mexican american see one of his guys doing something unjustly to his family hopefully they give me some lead, that be the last time he profile someone based on race. they think there big terrefying people, hopefully in some 200 years the tables turn on his great great granchildren get the standard he will leave on that particurly plase in the country. because a lot of people here specially minorites never forget how unjust our country was to us in the past. and if this continues it will continue to feed this anger of stereotyping.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,126,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
The posse is not involved with illegal immigration issues.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
The posse is not involved with illegal immigration issues.
Quote:
During the past month, sheriff's deputies and posse members, about 200 strong, have gone into neighborhoods with high Hispanic populations, citing drivers for routine traffic violations and detaining suspected illegal immigrants when federally trained deputies encounter them
AZcentral.com

You are really arguing small things right? I guess we'll see what the Department of Justice decides.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
AZcentral.com

You are really arguing small things right? I guess we'll see what the Department of Justice decides.
Small things? Nope. You had it wrong. The Posse members are not, as you suggest, "vigilantes" - I find that very offensive if for no other reason as the posse members are giving of themselves - and, in sad cases, of their own lives, to serve and protect others.

You were wrong about them "harassing" illegals - they don't. Nor, do the sworn officers.

And the DOJ is more than welcome to investigate. And, when they find nothing wrong - I'm sure you will be the first to apologize - right?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Small things? Nope. You had it wrong. The Posse members are not, as you suggest, "vigilantes" - I find that very offensive if for no other reason as the posse members are giving of themselves - and, in sad cases, of their own lives, to serve and protect others.

You were wrong about them "harassing" illegals - they don't. Nor, do the sworn officers.

And the DOJ is more than welcome to investigate. And, when they find nothing wrong - I'm sure you will be the first to apologize - right?
They know they are welcome, and they already are investigating.
You guys are so willing to follow people.
You see someone taking a hardline against illegals, and that's all that matters. They can do no wrong in your eyes as long as they're chasing around Latinos suspected of being illegals.
Look at that instant support from your anti-illegal community AS SOON as the Ramos and Compean case surfaced...you guys canonized them before the facts even came out!
And Arpaios grandstanding and demagoguery works like a charm for you guys.
You won't place any amount of scrutiny on him.

If more people were like you guys, someone like Arpaio could be King of the US, no problem! People already want him to be president! haha.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Arpaio is doing the job he was elected to do.

That is ALL that matters

Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 PM

2,897 posts, read 3,478,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
Joe Arpaio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever heard of what are the early signs of a serial killer? I mean I am not comparing joe..with one of those...no my...

see if you catch my analogy..they say that serial killers love to hurt animals when they are little...right who hasnt heard that?

well to my surprise...did you know that
african americans? make up 3.8 of the population of arizona?
According to 2006 U.S. Census estimates, Arizona's population is: 59.7% European American, 3.8% African American, 2.4% Asian American, 1.7% mixed, and 29.2% are Hispanics or Latino (of any race

what would happen if these same guy was implementing this same tactic..in lets say georgia?

where 30% of the population is black..

back to my point....he implemnts strategies..
Inmate Ethnic Distribution By Unit (http://www.azcorrections.gov/adc/reports/ethnic.asp - broken link)
like he does in arizona where only...
500 of the apprehanded are mexican nationals...yeah 500
NEWS MEDIA always exploits the quantity that are in federal prisons not in state prisons...and just to catch those racist viewers..well they just add
the mexican american population as well...

now just remember what happen in
Los Angeles Riots of 1992 where thousands rioted..53 died...and
over a billion worth of damages...
now a lot of peopl here
thnk that mr arpaia administration hasnt commited no civil rights violations...then why
$43 million in settlement claims during Arpaio's tenure
lol..can anyone tell me arizonas budget for...maricopa county? lol..

civil rights violations..forget illegals..is from them where he learns his uncivil ways...to mistreat american citizens..
Charles Agster
Scott Norberg
Brian Crenshaw
Richard Post
Jeremy Flanders
Ambria Renee Spencer
Phillip Wilson
Deborah Braillard
Clint Yarbrough
Thomas Bruce Cooley

now all these american citzens from 1996-2007 suffer death or some kind of trauma ...and thats just the ones that can talk...and speak ingles...
now what I dont understan is that
charles barkley was incarcerated there not so long ago..
and he wasnt ask to wear pink underwear..are they celebrities...
in our citizens caste system? and dont even say that hold on isnt he african american...yes he is...but the diffrence is he is a rich african american....
Happy camper? Charles Barkley jailed in Tent City - BostonHerald.com
SECOND...if all the angry taxpayers agree with his policies...on the way he saves taxes...why dont we send them to new york, california..
i dont know some state where theres more funds bleeding for mismanagemnt....not in arizonas...little desert town..compare to the big boys...

I bet you one thing do..that if they sent him to georgia..or south carolina...he would last long...because there would be race riots...can assure you that ..not in 4% african american little arizona...
Enforcing the law against illegal immigrants is not violating the civil rights of Americans.

Last edited by D-Towner; 03-19-2009 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Arpaio is doing the job he was elected to do.

That is ALL that matters
That is not all that matters. Whether or not civil rights are violated, and by what means he's doing his job matters too.
But the DOJ will decide that.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,572,902 times
Quote:
That is not all that matters. Whether or not civil rights are violated, and by what means he's doing his job matters too.
But the DOJ will decide that.
He is doing his job and he is doing it well. Go Joe!

The DOJ can investigate but they're just wasting their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration