Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:13 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,384,771 times

Advertisements

CENOBIO MORENO, Mexico — After two years of cancer treatment in the United States during which she used another's woman's identity, Mariana de la Torre is back on a dusty plot of land in this tiny town, a refuge that was her world during her early years.

Medical ID theft follow-up: Cancer victim at peace with return to Mexico in life's twilight -- chicagotribune.com

Gee, I wonder how her victim is doing . . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,518,721 times
Quote:
Stricken by cancer, she left Chicago—where she was an illegal immigrant—to see her children and her childhood home.
What??? You mean she left her children to live here illegally. This can’t be true. After all, wouldn’t that be considered breaking up a family? Isn’t that why pro-illegals oppose deporting illegal alien parents? Oh I get it -- it’s ok if they leave their children behind in their country of origin to come here. It’s only wrong if we send them back. FINALLY, I understand.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What??? You mean she left her children to live here illegally. This can’t be true. After all, wouldn’t that be considered breaking up a family? Isn’t that why pro-illegals oppose deporting illegal alien parents? Oh I get it -- it’s ok if they leave their children behind in their country of origin to come here. It’s only wrong if we send them back. FINALLY, I understand.
Now, now Benicar you should realize by now that there is justification in leaving behind their foreign national spouse and/or children. After all they only come here seeking a better life. The "American" children they breed and spouses they dupe into marriage are far more valuable than the disposable children and spouses they leave behind. They are vital in assisting the aliens in achieving their goal of obtaining a better life. Surely, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that is it?

Old 03-14-2009, 10:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,518,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Now, now Benicar you should realize by now that there is justification in leaving behind their foreign national spouse and/or children. After all they only come here seeking a better life. The "American" children they breed and spouses they dupe into marriage are far more valuable than the disposable children and spouses they leave behind. They are vital in assisting the aliens in achieving their goal of obtaining a better life. Surely, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that is it?
Silly me! Thanks for the reality check.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,536,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anything for money!

Part of Mexico's problem right now is that massive emigration left behind many children with no parents to raise them. These children are reaching their teen and adult ages and there are no job prospects for them because for one, by leaving their country, Mexicans have not built up their own economy and another, these children have grown up with no parental guidance often were left to raise themselves on the streets.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 PM

50,134 posts, read 46,754,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
CENOBIO MORENO, Mexico — After two years of cancer treatment in the United States during which she used another's woman's identity, Mariana de la Torre is back on a dusty plot of land in this tiny town, a refuge that was her world during her early years.

Medical ID theft follow-up: Cancer victim at peace with return to Mexico in life's twilight -- chicagotribune.com

Gee, I wonder how her victim is doing . . . . .

If there isn't a face attached to it I guess it's pretty easy to steal.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If there isn't a face attached to it I guess it's pretty easy to steal.
. . . . .a face, shame, sense of guilt, morals, scruples, personal responsibility, or dignity .

Old 03-14-2009, 02:55 PM

50,134 posts, read 46,754,366 times
You know, the little things.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You know, the little things.
Exactly

Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,047,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Anything for money!

Part of Mexico's problem right now is that massive emigration left behind many children with no parents to raise them. These children are reaching their teen and adult ages and there are no job prospects for them because for one, by leaving their country, Mexicans have not built up their own economy and another, these children have grown up with no parental guidance often were left to raise themselves on the streets.
Yet Mexico is clearly in denial about what I bolded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration