Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
garbage garbage garbage.

wow.

since its a hispanic themed store it now represents illegal mexicans who come here to bla bla bla. thats a large[faulty] leap in logic?
How many Hispanic Americans don't read or speak English? Seriously.

It's not that many, they are pandering to the Illegals and you know it. Bofa did the same garbage last year.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful what you wish for:

The standard of beauty in Hispanic culture is white skin and blue eyes----------which cuts out most Latinos but would include many of not most Anglos.

Would you really want the USA to adopt Hispanic culture: a culture that looks down on the morenitos (little brown ones)?

I think not.
That is so true. If you've ever watched Spanish television, you'd know that you won't see brown-skinned, brown-eyed Mestizo actors. The same goes for Spanish newscasters. The Mexican standard of beauty is definitely light-skinned, blue-eyed.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:02 PM

365 posts, read 756,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How many Hispanic Americans don't read or speak English? Seriously.

It's not that many, they are pandering to the Illegals and you know it. Bofa did the same garbage last year.
http://havanajournal.com/images/uplo..._bebe_boom.jpg

http://theelectoralmap.com/wp-conten...hispanics1.jpg

its simple irreversible...and if you get it your way...youre just being like those mexicans..in 1836 that did not want change to the changing landscape...

oil is expensive..natural resources...are expensive..and we as a country are getting old...so yeah lets yank it off..and put a barrier on this great country...that would only mount tension with us and the whole world..

Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM

http://nonjohn.com/AA%20Population%20Density.gif

I think that the civil war has not ended...the north first...
liberate its slave wages in 1865...and now their trying to liberate...
its slave wagers from the south...

and as you can see..both races were called by the higher ruling class...
for what?????? CHEAPER GOODS...yeah...

now the only one that needs to be filled is the northwest...lets..see...asians????

Old 03-16-2009, 07:08 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post

its simple irreversible...and if you get it your way...youre just being like those mexicans..in 1836 that did not want change to the changing landscape...

oil is expensive..natural resources...are expensive..and we as a country are getting old...so yeah lets yank it off..and put a barrier on this great country...that would only mount tension with us and the whole world..
You have Spanish on the brain. What about the 50 different languages people speak here besides English. Your agenda is starting to show.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:

Did you even bother to read the chart you posted? From it I gather that poor, uneducated, spendthrift hispanics are going to be the workforce i.e. do the **** work that whites/blacks/asians just won't do.
Way to represent your people, iturbide

Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You have Spanish on the brain. What about the 50 different languages people speak here besides English. Your agenda is starting to show.
Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  1. English - 215 million
  2. Spanish - 28 million
  3. Chinese languages - 2.0 million + (mostly Cantonese speakers, with a growing group of Mandarin speakers)
  4. French - 1.6 million
  5. German - 1.4 million (High German) + German dialects like Hutterite German, Texas German, Pennsylvania Dutch, Plautdietsch
  6. Tagalog - 1.2 million + (Most Filipinos may also know other Philippine languages, e.g. Ilokano, Pangasinan, Bikol languages, and Visayan languages)
  7. Vietnamese - 1.01 million
  8. Italian - 1.01 million
  9. Korean - 890,000
  10. Russian - 710,000
English only82.10%Spanish10.71%Chinese0.61%French0.61%German0.52%Tagalog0.46%Vietnamese0.38%Italian0.38%Korean0.34%Russian0.26%

add all of those from china to russian languages...maybe more americans...so your 50 languages are not valid..because from 3-10 on my list don even add 6 percent what makes you think
from 20-50 speak...

Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Did you even bother to read the chart you posted? From it I gather that poor, uneducated, spendthrift hispanics are going to be the workforce i.e. do the **** work that whites/blacks/asians just won't do.
Way to represent your people, iturbide
dont understand you..really what do you..mean?
what I am trying to say...is that were growing to slowly even with legal immigration..and even the legal ones come from latin america..that then bring the illegals...so its an agenda as you
can see..and that I am trying to show you is that the elite
of this country...want more workers...if they dont get it ...
guess what...
then they just take their dollars and take those innovative...ways
to other countries...

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
That is so true. If you've ever watched Spanish television, you'd know that you won't see brown-skinned, brown-eyed Mestizo actors. The same goes for Spanish newscasters. The Mexican standard of beauty is definitely light-skinned, blue-eyed.
My point exactly.

Yet the 'La Raza/reconquista' types not only deny that but embrace Hispanic culture to boot.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
dont understand you..really what do you..mean?
what I am trying to say...is that were growing to slowly even with legal immigration..and even the legal ones come from latin america..that then bring the illegals...so its an agenda as you
can see..and that I am trying to show you is that the elite
of this country...want more workers...if they dont get it ...
guess what...
then they just take their dollars and take those innovative...ways
to other countries...
On that you and I agree. American corporations aided by politicians have enticed illegal workers to come to the US and work for the crap wages they would normally pay to an overseas sweatshop. This way, the US corp./farmer can claim they are located in the good ol' US of A without really using American workers at all.
It has been a sweet set up till now, and it needs to end both for the American blue collar worker and for the illegal workers who are getting screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration