U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times

Advertisements

how can i be nice if i can't understand them? i just ignore them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
There is so much ignorance in this world. I will speak Spanich whenever I feel like it. And if someone is "mean" to be because of it, we will have a problem. I am blessed that I speak both languages and that I can have a conversation using both at the same time, I can go back and forth in either one, not a problem. I feel sorry for those that think speaking Spanish is a curse or some kind of excuse for treating someone bad. Spare me with any excuses for your rude behaviour
You're WAY ahead of me..I speak both languages, too...but have never figured out how to have a conversation using both at the same time. That I'd have to see....(unless you're saying 'no')

I just can't entender como you'd do something like that. No es possible, in my opinion....but, then again, quien sabe?....

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Actually, they didn't. READ YOUR HISTORY BOOKS BEFORE YOU MAKE BOLD CLAIMS., They arrived just like the Mexicans, but before the current immigration laws were in place, Irish were treated just as harshly as you wish Mexicans to be treated and people like you blamed them for all of America's problems back then.

Again, you show your rabid racism against Mexicans...how do you live with yourself?
Your derogatory comment just shows how desperate you and your fellow illegal alien apologists are becoming as the tide of public opinion is turning against illegal aliens----------and their enablers.

Face it: your race card does not work on me

Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ya, because it makes so much sense to compare immigration from scores and scores of years ago to now. completely different processes. immigration back then was defacto illegal immigration. all they did was show up on a boat, and hope they got in. a small minority were not allowed to stay in the US. a very small minority.

they were selective of who they let in (in terms of race and ethnicity). the europeans got to come and have fun. most asians were held at angel island for long periods of times. and lets not forget the exclusion acts.

if we did immigration the way it was when the irish ir italians or polish came, then all the "mexicans" (always has to be about mexicans huh?) would be just as legal as the rest of the people here. but they have always been the unwanteds. legislation also unjustly excluded them.

either way. i think its funny that St. Pattys and 5 D Mayo have become synonomous with drinking unhealthy amounts of booze. really funny.

So which is it? There were no immigration laws or there were but they were unfair to Asians?

Now, as to going through Ellis Island which you seem to think was a picnic, my grandfather remembered it as being extremely scary. People were seperated from each other, and god forbid little stanislav got a sty on his eye right before docking! And while yes, not that many people got deported it should also be noted that the immigrants knew what they needed to have and to be in order to be accepted. They knew that they could not have infectous diseases, they knew they need X amount of cash on their person and they knew they needed the prospect of a job or relatives to go to once they debarked. So, they didn't come across until they had X amount of money, a job/relative to go to, and everyone was healthy. Because those were the requirements, and they fulfilled them.

Now, tell me what of these things does the illegal immigrant have to do/prove/have? None of them. If they have the ability to pay a coyote, they are in. And that is not right.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Happy "Hypocracy day"!
Nobody is gonna talk about assimilation today as everybody celebrates St. Patrick's day wearing their "Kiss me I'm Irish" T-shirts
Ah, green beer -- the great unifier!
Just like beer and tamales on cinco de mayo and bratz and beer during oktoberfest and of course beer and Italian sausage on Santa Lucia festival.

I'm detecting a theme here, are you?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Even my DOCTOR is in on this....when he got out of medical school, he swore a Hypocritical Oath...yet he STILL charges an 'arm and a leg' to work on a 'rib'. Now THAT'S what I call hypocracy !!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,342,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You're WAY ahead of me..I speak both languages, too...but have never figured out how to have a conversation using both at the same time. That I'd have to see....(unless you're saying 'no')

I just can't entender como you'd do something like that. No es possible, in my opinion....but, then again, quien sabe?....
jejeje (Spanish language laugh). I guess it takes years of practice, but in some cities where the majority of residents are bilingual, the back and forth is pretty common.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
Quote:
jejeje (Spanish language laugh). I guess it takes years of practice, but in some cities where the majority of residents are bilingual, the back and forth is pretty common.
I can be a witness of this, once while in downtown L.A. I heard a conversation like that.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,845,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your derogatory comment just shows how desperate you and your fellow illegal alien apologists are becoming as the tide of public opinion is turning against illegal aliens----------and their enablers.

Face it: your race card does not work on me
Just because you use little code words like "apologist" and "race card" doesn't mean you're right.

I did not say anything derogatory. Calling someone a racist is not a derogatory term, you people keep saying this (like Andrew Breitbart), being racist is simply that, being racist. We wouldn't call you a racist if you didn't so overtly prove it to us time and time again. Would you sit in a room with nothing but Mexicans and talk the way you do on here? Would you say the things you say about Mexican culture to a Mexican family? If you even hesitate for a second, you're a racist, and if you don't, you're a RABID racist. What you say about Mexicans (while ignoring facts and history, I guarantee you didn't read the linked article) is offensive to Mexicans and people like me who believe that everyone is entitled to equal rights, regardless of skin color or national origin.

Just the fact that your only real purpose on these boards is to complain about illegal MEXICAN immigrants, how can we assume any different? I don't see you talking about anything else, and you call me a traitor and other terrible things even though I'm doing my part and have done so my whole adult life.

Remember, EDUCATE yourself and LEARN ABOUT AMERICA'S IMMIGRATION HISTORY before you start saying things that just make you look foolish or bigoted.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Of course...as golfer Lee Trevino might have said, back home in Texas, "Mornin' there, Joe Bob!! How's your como esta?"

"Just FINE, Lee. How's the senora and the kiddies?"

"Oh, can't complain...todo esta bien, like always"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or