U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:03 PM

14,811 posts, read 18,816,348 times

Advertisements

There's a direct relation between the recession and George Bush and his communist friends in China
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
sorry to ruin your fantasy. im not illegal. neither is my family.
and i dont worry about my friends citizenship. they are all vibrant, productive, positive contributors to this society.

i agree that immigration taxes some. but is it a large part of our economic woes... not in the least.

i think mass deportation, especially in places like LA or CA/TX/AZ/NY/etc etc etc, would produce an even more dire economic picture. it is not economically feasible. its ludicrous. that would cripple us even more.

I call BS on that factoring in our growing numbers of unemployed Americans living in the Midwest would would be glad to relocate to Arizona or Texas.

As for NYC and Calif; till housing costs come down further--------they deserve to stew in their socio-economic juices.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I call BS on that factoring in our growing numbers of unemployed Americans living in the Midwest would would be glad to relocate to Arizona or Texas.

As for NYC and Calif; till housing costs come down further--------they deserve to stew in their socio-economic juices.
If I could rep you on that I would do it twice. Deportation will become more of an option as the economy declines and more people become jobless. Calif. is serving as a good example
of social welfare run riot.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,251,936 times
Quote:
i think mass deportation, especially in places like LA or CA/TX/AZ/NY/etc etc etc, would produce an even more dire economic picture. it is not economically feasible. its ludicrous. that would cripple us even more.
It's not necessary to have a mass deportation. All that needs to be done is enforce laws making it illegal to hire illegals, making it illegal to give government paid subsidies to them, and making it illegal to rent an apartment to them. You could also add threatening the church with lawsuits or taxation if they continue to break the law lobbying government/politicians for them. The illegal could not survive.

California is being destroyed because of over-population due to immigrants. And as far as the notion of them "contributing," the only thing they contribute to, is taking American jobs, filling our prisons, over-filling our schools with (anchor babies) children that do not belong here, that we must educate, and crippling subsidy programs originally designed for the poor who are citizens. Any immigrant legal or otherwise should not be entitled to any subsidies because they should not have been allowed to come here if the're only intention was to become a parasite. Immigrants are also destroying our health care system, and bring diseases such as (tuberculosis) that we originally eradicated over 50 years ago, and now have to deal with it all over again--this also costs a lot of money. Immigrants are nothing but a liability.

We have all the people we need thank you, its time to have a moratorium on immigration, people can stay in their own country and make it a better place.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
It's all connected. There has been a big trend by the greedy corporations to obtain nothing but the cheapest possible labor, taxpayer subsidized labor. What jobs couldn'[t be outsourced, the greedy get-rich-quick types figured they should be allowed to import unlimited amounts of cheap labor.

The whole housing bubble was mostly about cheap illegal labor brought in by the truckloads to build houses cheaply and quickly for fast big profits. Subprime loans were made to illegals, lenders didn't require social security numbers, proof of income, or a down payment because in many cases the borrowers were illegals.

Millions of jobs have been lost to Americans both through outsourcing and a very massive level of illegal migration which was all for the purpose of cheap labor.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
downturn is not caused by immigration. immigration (illegal and legal) aka cheap labor, helped to slow down the eventual downturn. our economy has been declining for some time. over extension of credit and huge trade imbalance are major players. again any attempt to choke in over extensions of credit and trade imbalance would have hastened the downturn. wars are probably the most effective tool ever designed to make a rich country poor, next to high maintenance women of course.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
sorry to ruin your fantasy. im not illegal. neither is my family.
and i dont worry about my friends citizenship. they are all vibrant, productive, positive contributors to this society.

i agree that immigration taxes some. but is it a large part of our economic woes... not in the least.

Do you realize that Mexico has immigration laws? All you people that want no immigration laws for the USA seem not to realize we would be about the only nation in the world without immigration laws.

Countries like Mexico have immigration laws in place to protect their own citizens and keep job opportunities for their own citizens. The USA is one of the only countries that doesn't safeguard jobs for the citizens which is why we have far more legal immigration than any other country in the world and since that doesn't get enough cheap labor, the USA allows pretty much unlimited illegal immigration.

No way can Americans compete against third world labor in wages and that's why are standard of living is crashing.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:56 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
right and cali is the only state suffering from economic woes.

to try and blame the immigrants, illegal or otherwise is ridiculous. thats a supreme scapegoat. the immigrants are not the problem.

as for supporting illegal aliens, when have i said i support them. they are of little consequence to me. you go ahead and worry your pretty lil head about them, i wont.

and thanks for the concern, california will be fine.

its a great state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't flatter yourself. You nor any of your family members, friends, acquaintances or associates would be my idea of a fantasy.

That being said, if "allegedly" none of your family members are illegal aliens and you don't worry about the status of your friends, why do you support illegal aliens and amnesty?

As for your being in agreement that ILLEGAL immigration taxes "some" but is not a large part of of our financial/economical demise, how many more billions of tax payers dollars being squandered on millions of illegal aliens would it take to convince you? Did you even bother to click on the link I provided?

As for delusions with regard to California: the fact that millions of illegal aliens breed there, live there on welfare, receive food stamps, free breakfast, lunch, ESL and education for their children, gang bang and are jailed there, pay no taxes, use and close down emergency rooms because they don't pay for healthcare and played a major part in Cali being bankrupted to hell, you've got to be kidding.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 PM

immigrants are nothing but a liabilty?

(thats all your gunna get lady)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
It's not necessary to have a mass deportation. All that needs to be done is enforce laws making it illegal to hire illegals, making it illegal to give government paid subsidies to them, and making it illegal to rent an apartment to them. You could also add threatening the church with lawsuits or taxation if they continue to break the law lobbying government/politicians for them. The illegal could not survive.

California is being destroyed because of over-population due to immigrants. And as far as the notion of them "contributing," the only thing they contribute to, is taking American jobs, filling our prisons, over-filling our schools with (anchor babies) children that do not belong here, that we must educate, and crippling subsidy programs originally designed for the poor who are citizens. Any immigrant legal or otherwise should not be entitled to any subsidies because they should not have been allowed to come here if the're only intention was to become a parasite. Immigrants are also destroying our health care system, and bring diseases such as (tuberculosis) that we originally eradicated over 50 years ago, and now have to deal with it all over again--this also costs a lot of money. Immigrants are nothing but a liability.

We have all the people we need thank you, its time to have a moratorium on immigration, people can stay in their own country and make it a better place.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
downturn is not caused by immigration. immigration (illegal and legal) aka cheap labor, helped to slow down the eventual downturn. our economy has been declining for some time. over extension of credit and huge trade imbalance are major players. again any attempt to choke in over extensions of credit and trade imbalance would have hastened the downturn. wars are probably the most effective tool ever designed to make a rich country poor, next to high maintenance women of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration