U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM

32,813 posts, read 30,061,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this is a stretch. sentencing laws, poverty and other factors have more to do with it than the presence of a foreign work force.

i could just hear it now...
"but your honor, the fields and hotels are full of illegals taking our jobs. i had to rob that circle K!, i had to sell some dope!!!"

In many cases the foreign "work force" IS the cause of poverty in many areas. Take Catalina Island for example. The Illegal Alien workers brought their families there and the gang bang crime rate sky rocketed. It's that way today, right here and right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,074,023 times
ya right!!!! that whole gangs on catalina island was blown way out of proportion. there are not hardcore gangs on catalina.

i cant beleive people fell for that. there was a thread in the LA forum that totally debunked that.

and honestly, the work force moves into areas that are already economically depressed. thats the only place they can afford. and in some instances they make a place more economically stable. check out detroit for that. or NOLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In many cases the foreign "work force" IS the cause of poverty in many areas. Take Catalina Island for example. The Illegal Alien workers brought their families there and the gang bang crime rate sky rocketed. It's that way today, right here and right now.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,252,257 times
Quote:
right and cali is the only state suffering from economic woes.

to try and blame the immigrants, illegal or otherwise is ridiculous. thats a supreme scapegoat. the immigrants are not the problem.

as for supporting illegal aliens, when have i said i support them. they are of little consequence to me. you go ahead and worry your pretty lil head about them, i wont.

and thanks for the concern, california will be fine.

its a great state.
So said the hispanic!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM

147 posts, read 186,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't flatter yourself. You nor any of your family members, friends, acquaintances or associates would be my idea of a fantasy.

That being said, if "allegedly" none of your family members are illegal aliens and you don't worry about the status of your friends, why do you support illegal aliens and amnesty?

As for your being in agreement that ILLEGAL immigration taxes "some" but is not a large part of of our financial/economical demise, how many more billions of tax payers dollars being squandered on millions of illegal aliens would it take to convince you? Did you even bother to click on the link I provided?

As for delusions with regard to California: the fact that millions of illegal aliens breed there, live there on welfare, receive food stamps, free breakfast, lunch, ESL and education for their children, gang bang and are jailed there, pay no taxes, use and close down emergency rooms because they don't pay for healthcare and played a major part in Cali being bankrupted to hell, you've got to be kidding.

I think you're awesome! I have had the same argument countless times. This country cannot afford to keep funding illegals. I've worked for 20 years and I have to hope and pray I can survive on my pension and SS. Meanwhile, a lot of people are raping our government. This anchor baby law is crazy. Alaw that was created for slaves and is still being abused. Somethings gotta happen>>

Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM

147 posts, read 186,436 times
How about the fact that they enter this country ILLEGALLY! That's my point. They enter illegally and what does the federal government do. Say OK, you're here now so why don't we just set you up with some food stamps, medical insurance, free education for your numerous children), and pretty much anything you need. Feel free to open up a business, buy a house, buy a car, don't even worry about contributing to local governments with programs like WEP, just go forth and be happy. Sound good to everyone??

Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM

365 posts, read 667,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
How about the fact that they enter this country ILLEGALLY! That's my point. They enter illegally and what does the federal government do. Say OK, you're here now so why don't we just set you up with some food stamps, medical insurance, free education for your numerous children), and pretty much anything you need. Feel free to open up a business, buy a house, buy a car, don't even worry about contributing to local governments with programs like WEP, just go forth and be happy. Sound good to everyone??

It's us, cut the head off "politicans" "our business men", consume wisely and youll get the america you deserve.\

we live off slave wages from, china, mexico, and now here at home.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,922,368 times
It's funny how the only ones that come here and defend the illegals
from south of the border are of hispanic heritage...

I for one am intrested to know if they would still be defending the illegals.. if the
majority of illegals were not hispanic? Lets say instead of 70% of the illegals
being hispanic, lets say they were from Canada.. Would the usual illegal defenders
still be on here trying to defend others.. I think not.. what do you all think?

And why is it that those who defend the illegals .. all come on and state..
"I am not defending the illegals" I am just saying we need to do something about
the immigration problem?
Hey I am just asking and honest question.. let's get this over with and be upfront
without any hidden agenda's or mixing of words..

Here is my upfront, no mixing of words: I am an American.. born on American soil.
I have worked hard for over 30 yearss... no free handouts, never any welfare...
worked and earned anything and everything I have, which is not nuch.. but
I earned it. I have never been given amnesty, nor my parents. I am not anchor
baby born by an illegal mother. I served my country proud at the age of 17.
I pay my taxes... obide by our laws.. I do not harbor illegals.. related or otherwise.
Some of the taxes that I have been paying for over 30 years have gone to help those
who immigrated to our country legally. Then they have returned the same for those
who follow them legally.. I do not like illegals as you can tell.. It is not that I dislike
them personally.. it is what they do, and what they will keep doing as long as they
are allowed... That is what I do not like about illegals. And I should not have to explain
that as you all know what those reasons are. And last of all.. I dislike anyone who comes
on here to defend the illegal... It's the way you defend them, and your hidden reasoning
for it. Thats my honest reasons for posting in this paticular forum topic.. what's yours..
HONESTY?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 PM

32,813 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Quote:
ya right!!!! that whole gangs on catalina island was blown way out of proportion. there are not hardcore gangs on catalina.

i cant beleive people fell for that. there was a thread in the LA forum that totally debunked that.

and honestly, the work force moves into areas that are already economically depressed. thats the only place they can afford. and in some instances they make a place more economically stable. check out detroit for that. or NOLA.
Please There used to be zero crime on the Island until "they" moved in. The graffiti, stuff missing from people's rentals. Ya, zero crime at all. I stay there on a consistent basis and since "they" moved in it isn't safe to leave doors unlocked or your stuff in the yard anymore. With the poor comes crime. It's the same as any area but a shame to happen to a paradise like Catalina.

No crime, ya right. I've got copies for my insurance about stuff that I got ganked and apparently ended up back in LA via panga. How about 6 fishing poles and reels worth 400 bucks a piece that an Illegal was trying to sell at a swap meet. I engrave all my fishing gear and it was all they needed to nab the clown. They drive their pangas around moored boats and lift stuff from boats while they are sleeping. You have no idea about the problems on Catalina, I do.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
It's funny how the only ones that come here and defend the illegals
from south of the border are of hispanic heritage...

I for one am intrested to know if they would still be defending the illegals.. if the
majority of illegals were not hispanic? Lets say instead of 70% of the illegals
being hispanic, lets say they were from Canada.. Would the usual illegal defenders
still be on here trying to defend others.. I think not.. what do you all think?

And why is it that those who defend the illegals .. all come on and state..
"I am not defending the illegals" I am just saying we need to do something about
the immigration problem?
Hey I am just asking and honest question.. let's get this over with and be upfront
without any hidden agenda's or mixing of words..

Here is my upfront, no mixing of words: I am an American.. born on American soil.
I have worked hard for over 30 yearss... no free handouts, never any welfare...
worked and earned anything and everything I have, which is not nuch.. but
I earned it. I have never been given amnesty, nor my parents. I am not anchor
baby born by an illegal mother. I served my country proud at the age of 17.
I pay my taxes... obide by our laws.. I do not harbor illegals.. related or otherwise.
Some of the taxes that I have been paying for over 30 years have gone to help those
who immigrated to our country legally. Then they have returned the same for those
who follow them legally.. I do not like illegals as you can tell.. It is not that I dislike
them personally.. it is what they do, and what they will keep doing as long as they
are allowed... That is what I do not like about illegals. And I should not have to explain
that as you all know what those reasons are. And last of all.. I dislike anyone who comes
on here to defend the illegal... It's the way you defend them, and your hidden reasoning
for it. Thats my honest reasons for posting in this paticular forum topic.. what's yours..
HONESTY?
Honestly? is that their human beings and should be treated with respect.
That Mexicans and American citezens are BOTH victims of amerian business. But at the same time we ALL helped this problem by consuming cheap products and cheap services. now that you have describe your personal life can you describe your consumer habits? I dont think youre any diffrent from the 300 million americans consuming cheap labor.

Its like going to a prostitute in a first world country knowing well that its against her will but you do it anyway. then wonder why theres so much crime that YOU helped fund. I dont support illegals, I think we need a stronger continent to protect our interest and thats all I have to say.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 PM

Its like were buying everything from china, and 20 years from now our children would problably be sent to some foreing country to battle the same army we finance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration