Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times

Advertisements

Hi All I have been reading this particular forum for over a year and have never felt the need to post. I had to sign up today because this one line just jumped out at me... Huckleberry3911948 said "wars are probably the most effective tool ever designed to make a rich country poor"... This made me shake my head because I had always heard the opposite. History was NOT my favorite subject in school. However, I do remember reading again and again that wars were often started to "jump start" an ailing economy. This is definitely true if the country going to war manufactures the needed items for said war. Our current war is bankrupting our country because most of the supplies for our military are NOT manufactured in the United States. Hell, even our fighter planes are built elsewhere. This war has helped lead our country to where it is now. However, I have to say that I also feel that illegal immigration and outsourcing has led to the greatest downfall. How can American citizens stimulate an economy when these American citizens aren't working? Americans need their jobs back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM

365 posts, read 756,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Hi All I have been reading this particular forum for over a year and have never felt the need to post. I had to sign up today because this one line just jumped out at me... Huckleberry3911948 said "wars are probably the most effective tool ever designed to make a rich country poor"... This made me shake my head because I had always heard the opposite. History was NOT my favorite subject in school. However, I do remember reading again and again that wars were often started to "jump start" an ailing economy. This is definitely true if the country going to war manufactures the needed items for said war. Our current war is bankrupting our country because most of the supplies for our military are NOT manufactured in the United States. Hell, even our fighter planes are built elsewhere. This war has helped lead our country to where it is now. However, I have to say that I also feel that illegal immigration and outsourcing has led to the greatest downfall. How can American citizens stimulate an economy when these American citizens aren't working? Americans need their jobs back!

look at this picture closely? all of those babyboomers, are the sons and daughters that arrive in 1911 thru 1933. The population loved them because they were young and cheap to maintain they did not get sick as elderly people get. But now, social security and defense alone eat
almost 60 percent of the federal budget. the elderly are inflating
the demand which is making our visits to the doctor became so expensive.
thats why I think its so hillarious trying to blame healthy immigrants majority single men "some of them do use foodstamps, child credit ext.ext." But the government knows that when we blame illegals
were really hiding the real scapegoat. The babyboomers that are eating our countrys resources. No I am not saying whe should just cut their benefits and let them at their own fate. But its the rich mens fault that instead of investing in america to keep us competitive, we constructed europe, to later try to replace our reserve currency around the world. israel, skorea, japan. Our government is our enemy, everytime they find a new gadget they take it and make more money by unemploying us.

http://www.nealo.com/blog/wp-content...2508-small.jpg

So to me the illegal being 5 percent of the population are really our governments answer of telling senior citezens...
we were irresponsible and we cant help you.
so the illegals that were giving amnesty that have work "the majority" have put more into
the social security pension fund when its already bankrupt.
but yet whe want to blame them for all of our government and community problems.
Well let me tell you as condolence, japan, europe, taiwan, skorea and and many more thanks us for protecting us and spreading democracy.
even do we cant afford our prescription drugs.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,690,867 times
Illegal immigrants certainly cannot take all of the blame. However, I have said this before and I will say it again--most illegal immigrants who work in this country do not put back into the system. Their families are still living in their countries of origin, and the majority of the money earned by these illegals is sent back to their families in those countries. This is also the case for some (not all) who are here on work visas.
This does not apply to every immigrant--there are some hard-working people who come here and who genuinely appreciate and contribute to this country, both economically and socially. Yes, they take jobs, but they also put back into the eceonmy by owning houses, paying taxes, etc.
People who are in this country illegally or on work visas are not contributing to the economy nor the cultural aspects of the country; they are only here to make money and they have no interest in assimilating or contributing to US culture.
Regarding those immigrants who are underpaid/cheap labor, I have very little sympathy. They are in league with big business--they love big business for giving them jobs and paying them tax-free cash, and big business loves them because they will do more work for less money (big business has also been receiving tax-breaks for hiring immigrants. ) Illegal and work-visa immigrants have undermined all of the advances that American workers, especially those in unions, have made toward safer working conditions and fair wages. These immigrant/ cheap labor workers are essentially scabs, which is why unions have started turning them in to the INS. Furthermore, it has begun to backfire on big business, as these workers are becoming more aware of their rights and are now filing lawsuits (there is a big issue now in Florida with agricultural workers who are exposed to chemicals and who are now giving birth to deformed children.)
So how has this affected the economy? A huge work force that pays no taxes, receives benefits from the government (as well as the businesses who employ them), drives down wages, increases unemployment and puts very little money back into the economy. One could make the argument that this is better for big business, and therefore, the economy (the 'ol trickle-down theory). However, it is clear that big business is not the problem with the economy; those people are not losing their houses nor their jobs--the American worker is.

Last edited by StarlaJane; 03-18-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Illegal immigrants certainly cannot take all of the blame. However, I have said this before and I will say it again--most illegal immigrants who work in this country do not put back into the system. Their families are still living in their countries of origin, and the majority of the money earned by these illegals is sent back to their families in those countries. This is also the case for some (not all) who are here on work visas.
This does not apply to every immigrant--there are some hard-working people who come here and who genuinely appreciate and contribute to this country, both economically and socially. Yes, they take jobs, but they also put back into the eceonmy by owning houses, paying taxes, etc.
People who are in this country illegally or on work visas are not contributing to the economy nor the cultural aspects of the country; they are only here to make money and they have no interest in assimilating or contributing to US culture.
Regarding those immigrants who are underpaid/cheap labor, I have very little sympathy. They are in league with big business--they love big business for giving them jobs and paying them tax-free cash, and big business loves them because they will do more work for less money (big business has also been receiving tax-breaks for hiring immigrants. ) Illegal and work-visa immigrants have undermined all of the advances that American workers, especially those in unions, have made toward safer working conditions and fair wages. These immigrant/ cheap labor workers are essentially scabs, which is why unions have started turning them in to the INS. Furthermore, it has begun to backfire on big business, as these workers are becoming more aware of their rights and are now filing lawsuits (there is a big issue now in Florida with agricultural workers who are exposed to chemicals and who are now giving birth to deformed children.)
So how has this affected the economy? A huge work force that pays no taxes, receives benefits from the government (as well as the businesses who employ them), drives down wages, increases unemployment and puts very little money back into the economy. One could make the argument that this is better for big business, and therefore, the economy (the 'ol trickle-down theory). However, it is clear that big business is not the problem with the economy; those people are not losing their houses nor their jobs--the American worker is.
As you stated; I have nothing additional to add.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Is Washington Losing Latin America? | Foreign Affairs
Latin American exports rise to record $656 billion in 2006, IDB estimates - Inter-American Development Bank
Latin American exports rise to record $656 billion in 2006
Latin America

Latin America is the fastest growing U.S. regional trading partner. Between 1990 and 2000, total U.S. merchandise trade (exports plus imports) with Latin America grew by 219% compared to 118% for Asia, 89% for Western Europe, 62% for Africa, and 125% for the world. Latin America has grown from 13.3% of total U.S. trade in 1990 to 18.8% in 2000, but this growth has not been uniform throughout the region

I know what you mean but the americans that are the most affected are the ones that
dont realise that those illegals making money on slave wages "scabs" send money back for their families to buy american phones, cars, and put the money back in the corporations that then puts the profits in banks,

and those same americans that are ill about the illegals, dont know that really some of that money that they used to finance their house, buy their car, clothes, trips to the caribbean you get the picture.
again from 1990 and 2000 to 210% growth!
and I am looking for 2000-2007 before the recession.

Our politicians are not a dumb crowd, now with the dollar losing value, your going to start seeing American exports grow tremendously to latin america.
We as a country sometimes just need to stop and look and see the bigger picture.
they know that military were not that strong as we used to.
and what america is doing is like a giant marshall plan to
make latin america, our destination of our profits and investments instead of
complicated asia, eurasia, or europe.

the bigger picture.

Quote:
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.co...orereturns.jpg

rich getting richer...and the scapegoat the poor uneducated migrant worker. Because once you applied illegal to the person you make it
a subhuman status and its ok to use it for the economies woes

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/twin497l.jpg

the natives talking to the anchor babies of 1911
"its always so easy to just blurt out the solutions"
http://www.historians.org/Projects/G...hbor_Cover.jpg

"what the americas need is New Good neighbor policy"

You know what I find sad ..people are screaming about this insane,crazy stimulous package ( That I hate)...but why do I not hear people screaming more about the 200 to 350 billion dollars a yr illegals cost this country.
Were is the out-cry?
Lib/Dem nuts scream about the "war in Iraq" that cost 10 billion a month....but I dont hear crap from you nuts about the 1/4 trillion dollars a yr "WASTED" on illegals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
You know what I find sad ..people are screaming about this insane,crazy stimulous package ( That I hate)...but why do I not hear people screaming more about the 200 to 350 billion dollars a yr illegals cost this country.
Were is the out-cry?
Lib/Dem nuts scream about the "war in Iraq" that cost 10 billion a month....but I dont hear crap from you nuts about the 1/4 trillion dollars a yr "WASTED" on illegals...
Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources, Facts
Could you provide where you are getting your numbers?
Because a anit-amnesty posted not so long ago this website.
and if you get a chance to see it.

it mentions that from 1996 to 2009
in 13 years We have spent around 410 billion dollars.
around 31 billion a year or 2.58 billion a month.
what did we got out of this? house boom during the dot age or information age, cheaper products. Or did you count suppress wages as a cost?
what did the republicans got out of iraq?

with a bankrupt america we will soon know their real intentions
and those 700 billion dollars for nothing.

Immigrant+cartoons image by catholiclouisiana on Photobucket

legal or illegal, for corporations there all the same, and thats how the country has been for centuries. They bring and bring without the consent of the natives my opinion.

Last edited by Yac; 03-19-2009 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: 6 posts in a row merged

Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/twin497l.jpg

the natives talking to the anchor babies of 1911
"its always so easy to just blurt out the solutions"
http://www.historians.org/Projects/G...hbor_Cover.jpg

"what the americas need is New Good neighbor policy"
First of all we need some Good Neighbors.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
First of all we need some Good Neighbors.

"well I lot of people wants us out of their business. and where not even their neighbor"

I figure that if were trying to save half of the world and we can certainly
help our neighor in the south. Does mexico need to be like Iran or north korea to get more attention. What is that policy? the carrot policy

"those days are gone"
thank god.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I also believe massive illegal immigration is why the prisons in this country are packed. Employers would prefer to bring in truck loads and boxcar loads of cheap workers from very impoverished regions of the world than hire Americans and pay legal wages and provide benefits.

Why train some inner city kid for a job when you can just order up a truckload of illegals who will work for below minimum wage? High unemployment leads to crime and then we have to build more prisons.

It's causing us great problems. Of course 45 million illegals who have extremely high reproductive rates are causing problems in many ways.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
this is a stretch. sentencing laws, poverty and other factors have more to do with it than the presence of a foreign work force.

i could just hear it now...
"but your honor, the fields and hotels are full of illegals taking our jobs. i had to rob that circle K!, i had to sell some dope!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I also believe massive illegal immigration is why the prisons in this country are packed. Employers would prefer to bring in truck loads and boxcar loads of cheap workers from very impoverished regions of the world than hire Americans and pay legal wages and provide benefits.

Why train some inner city kid for a job when you can just order up a truckload of illegals who will work for below minimum wage? High unemployment leads to crime and then we have to build more prisons.

It's causing us great problems. Of course 45 million illegals who have extremely high reproductive rates are causing problems in many ways.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:06 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't flatter yourself. You nor any of your family members, friends, acquaintances or associates would be my idea of a fantasy.

That being said, if "allegedly" none of your family members are illegal aliens and you don't worry about the status of your friends, why do you support illegal aliens and amnesty?

As for your being in agreement that ILLEGAL immigration taxes "some" but is not a large part of of our financial/economical demise, how many more billions of tax payers dollars being squandered on millions of illegal aliens would it take to convince you? Did you even bother to click on the link I provided?

As for delusions with regard to California: the fact that millions of illegal aliens breed there, live there on welfare, receive food stamps, free breakfast, lunch, ESL and education for their children, gang bang and are jailed there, pay no taxes, use and close down emergency rooms because they don't pay for healthcare and played a major part in Cali being bankrupted to hell, you've got to be kidding.
Don't forget drive on our roads with no license or insurance. The rate of hit and runs is off the chart here in S Cal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration