U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed lower court rulings that kept the Legal Arizona Workers Act in place. Business groups and Hispanic activists had challenged the law in court saying it lacks due process provisions and puts the state and county prosecutors in the federal role of enforcing immigration laws.

The sanctions law allows county prosecutors to go after businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants and employers caught doing that can have their business licenses suspended or revoked.



Ninth Circuit upholds Arizona employer sanctions law - Phoenix Business Journal:

More good news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
Reputation: 1423
I agree, obviously illegals deserve some of the anger they are receiving, specially those who demand rights or march with flags of their countries.

but a lot of the anger should rest on the employers shoulders, and imho they deserve it more than illegals, because those are citizens of the country, and those are the ones who created an illusion of no consequences for breaking in by the way, the US government is guilty of this no consequences idea too, because rarely an illegal employeer gets fined, and even though some poor escape goats are deported, they aren't even 1% of the illegal population.

Once that actions start bringing consequences people will think twice before acting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
The sanctions law allows county prosecutors to go after businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants and employers caught doing that can have their business licenses suspended or revoked.
Yes! Very good news indeed! Take away the incentive for people to come here illegally and the problems (with illegals) will take care of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed lower court rulings that kept the Legal Arizona Workers Act in place. Business groups and Hispanic activists had challenged the law in court saying it lacks due process provisions and puts the state and county prosecutors in the federal role of enforcing immigration laws.

The sanctions law allows county prosecutors to go after businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants and employers caught doing that can have their business licenses suspended or revoked.



Ninth Circuit upholds Arizona employer sanctions law - Phoenix Business Journal:

More good news
It's great news. This tough on the scumbag employers of illegals Arizona law has been affirmed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and can now serve as the best model to use for all of the states contemplating enacting such tough on the scumbag employers of illegals laws. After all, illegal immigration will never be stopped until the scumbag employers of illegals are FORCED to stop hiring illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Good. The employers are the true criminals in all this. The ONLY thing they've cared about is quick big profits for themselves. It's been all about "privatize the profits, socialize the costs" which is why they were so happy to bring in truckloads of dehydrated illegals and fail to provide them any kind of job provided health care benefits.

We're now seeing the effects of the cheap labor economy. The economy is collapsing. Americans are becoming unemployed in higher and higher numbers. We risk a depression and still the illegals are pouring over the borders, the greedy corporations still want their ultra cheap labor no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Yes! Very good news indeed! Take away the incentive for people to come here illegally and the problems (with illegals) will take care of themselves.
Oklahoma is a good example. There are actually jobs now for Americans there, and Americans don't face anti-American job discrimination with jobs requiring Spanish fluency.

We need to stop this "non-Mexicans need not apply" crap in hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good. The employers are the true criminals in all this. The ONLY thing they've cared about is quick big profits for themselves. It's been all about "privatize the profits, socialize the costs" which is why they were so happy to bring in truckloads of dehydrated illegals and fail to provide them any kind of job provided health care benefits.

We're now seeing the effects of the cheap labor economy. The economy is collapsing. Americans are becoming unemployed in higher and higher numbers. We risk a depression and still the illegals are pouring over the borders, the greedy corporations still want their ultra cheap labor no matter what.
Two quick notes here:

#1: the illegals are significantly thinner on the ground here compared to late 2007

#2: in all fairness; the recession is near or at the bottom now. That stated; the unemployment rate will probably still increase for another 6-12 months putting even more pressure on the Obama administration to step up deportations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 11:32 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two quick notes here:

#1: the illegals are significantly thinner on the ground here compared to late 2007

#2: in all fairness; the recession is near or at the bottom now. That stated; the unemployment rate will probably still increase for another 6-12 months putting even more pressure on the Obama administration to step up deportations.
Not where I am -- immigration is way up because of the violence, it seems that most of Juarez is moving over.

The recession hasn't hit here yet -- but there are signs it's starting to hit here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I agree, obviously illegals deserve some of the anger they are receiving, specially those who demand rights or march with flags of their countries.

but a lot of the anger should rest on the employers shoulders, and imho they deserve it more than illegals, because those are citizens of the country, and those are the ones who created an illusion of no consequences for breaking in by the way, the US government is guilty of this no consequences idea too, because rarely an illegal employeer gets fined, and even though some poor escape goats are deported, they aren't even 1% of the illegal population.

Once that actions start bringing consequences people will think twice before acting.
Well, frankly, the illegals deserve every bit of the anger they are receiving. The illegals are not wanted by 80% of the population. The illegals need to be deported or, much better, made to self deport themselves.

On the other hand you are absolutely right on about the anger that should be directed at the scumbag employers of illegals. The corrupt, bought off fed gov stages their dog and pony for show raids that hardly put a dent in the illegal population. The US Chamber of Commerce, the lobbyist arm of the employers of illegals, uses employers of illegals' money to buy the politicians but, also, employers of illegals' money goes to very successfully diverting public opinion away from how the employers of illegals are ruining this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not where I am -- immigration is way up because of the violence, it seems that most of Juarez is moving over.

The recession hasn't hit here yet -- but there are signs it's starting to hit here.
You must be in/near the El Paso area then.

Although according to various sources: since that city is crawling with LE personel------the cartels are trying to fly very far under the radar here. Otherwise it would be open season on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top