U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,864,856 times

Advertisements

Recently I have noticed more and more blatant attempts by our various media outlets to foster sympathy for the illegal immigrants that are currently overrunning this country. Just this evening I was watching a show on the popular ABC network entitled "What would you do?" The part of the show that caught my attention was a mock beating of a hispanic male who could not speak English. He was supposedly being attacked by 3 young white males, who were yelling at and hitting the man. They were calling the man "Paco" and complaining about the fact that he couldn't speak English and they kept saying he didn't belong here. The experiment was to see how people would react. Would they help or would they walk away?

Now of course, I have no problem with someone stepping in to break up an attack such as this. But the fact they chose to make it such a political statement by using a fake immigrant and staging a racially motivated attack really makes me upset. There was no reason for this particular setup other than to gain sympathy for illegals and to put into millions of American's heads that illegals are being constantly harrassed and mistreated. This is not the case. While there are a lot of Americans calling for the removal of the illegal hordes, physical attacks are not the norm. At least, no more so than anyone else experiences. Shows like this are meant to do nothing more than gain sympathy for illegals immigrants in an attempt to sway public opinion. Just another example of how those who should be working for us are working against us.

And this is not an isolated event. Just recently there was a similar "experiment" done on Good Morning America. They paraded an actor into a business who pretended to be an immigrant who couldn't speak English. They then showed select clips of people being less than curtious to this non English speaking man. Yet another show meant to foster sympathy and I hope Americans are not buying into the lies. No matter how hard the government and the media try to put a positive spin on illegals, and no matter how hard they try to make us feel bad for them, they will never change the fact that these people they mean to protect are criminals. No one should be mistreated based on their race,religion, etc. But using this type of farse in order to gain favor for the criminals we should be removing is simply ridiculous.

We all experience off putting events in the course of our lives. Why wasn't the guy getting beat up white? I'll tell you why. Because then it would have had no political significance. The agenda is clear, and the psychological weapons have been deployed. Don't buy into the hype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Recently I have noticed more and more blatant attempts by our various media outlets to foster sympathy for the illegal immigrants that are currently overrunning this country. Just this evening I was watching a show on the popular ABC network entitled "What would you do?" The part of the show that caught my attention was a mock beating of a hispanic male who could not speak English. He was supposedly being attacked by 3 young white males, who were yelling at and hitting the man. They were calling the man "Paco" and complaining about the fact that he couldn't speak English and they kept saying he didn't belong here. The experiment was to see how people would react. Would they help or would they walk away?
A "mock beating"? BRILLIANT !! What happens when some passing citizen 'drop kicks' one of these 'attackers' in the side of the head, causing serious injury?.....or picks up an object to 'club' him with, all in the interest of saving the victim from this 'fake' attack..(which, of course, would APPEAR to be a 'real' attack?

Not saying this couldn't be a true story, but are you SURE of your sources? This seems to me to be the stuff of nghtmares for ANY media network's Legal Department. I can't IMAGINE they'd allow this to go on in public, for reasons of liability.

I DO agree that there's a concerted effort to 'minimize' the negative effects of illegals, and an attempt to 'humanize' the crime like NO OTHER petty offense in our society. I've NEVER seen a 'pro-pickpocket' article, or heard of any writer calling shoplifters "customers". Illegal immigration is pretty unique in that regard..and the reason is, it's been successfully presented to the public as a 'racial issue'....and it's discussed almost entirely from that angle.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
It is as if the desperation on the part of the pro illegal apologists (especially those in positions of power) is reaching a crescendo-------------probably due to the growing success of 'calling out' the above for what they really are-----------traitors.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
The powers that be realize opposition to illegal immigration will exponentially increase with the decline of our economy. What better strategy for garnering sympathy than to repetitiously portray illegals in “victim” scenarios. We can expect more of these tactics as our economy continues to plunge into the abyss.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM

608 posts, read 880,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The powers that be realize opposition to illegal immigration will exponentially increase with the decline of our economy. What better strategy for garnering sympathy than to repetitiously portray illegals in “victim” scenarios. We can expect more of these tactics as our economy continues to plunge into the abyss.
The show tonight was actually themed "What would you do." Putting people in situations and finding out what they would do. One situation happened to be about a man who didn't speak English. There was no hype about illegal versus legal. The disturbing thing was how they talked about the increase against those who are different.

OK that aside the show also had an obnoxious white girl on the beach with blaring radio and nearby beach goers not doing anything to tell her to turn off the radio but they did defend here when someone stole her iPod. Or the beautiful girl who was not obnoxious and defended by the women who were jealous when someone stole her iPod. If anything it showed that white people stick together.

There was also a segment on actor wannabes who were asked to promote a hair product and witnessed another actors hair falling out. Freaky but surfaced how people are willing to deceive others and compromise their values.

I have not seen the other shows so cannot comment about the "agenda" you mention but don't doubt there are some media portraying what you say.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
The show tonight was actually themed "What would you do." Putting people in situations and finding out what they would do. One situation happened to be about a man who didn't speak English. There was no hype about illegal versus legal. The disturbing thing was how they talked about the increase against those who are different.

OK that aside the show also had an obnoxious white girl on the beach with blaring radio and nearby beach goers not doing anything to tell her to turn off the radio but they did defend here when someone stole her iPod. Or the beautiful girl who was not obnoxious and defended by the women who were jealous when someone stole her iPod. If anything it showed that white people stick together.

There was also a segment on actor wannabes who were asked to promote a hair product and witnessed another actors hair falling out. Freaky but surfaced how people are willing to deceive others and compromise their values.

I have not seen the other shows so cannot comment about the "agenda" you mention but don't doubt there are some media portraying what you say.
Not so long ago: certain 'White' ethnics were less than WASP by societal standards. So much for Whites sticking together.

Besides: define 'White'------------we run the gamut in skin tone from dark brown to Nordic.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 PM

608 posts, read 880,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not so long ago: certain 'White' ethnics were less than WASP by societal standards. So much for Whites sticking together.

Besides: define 'White'------------we run the gamut in skin tone from dark brown to Nordic.
I mean White as in gamut! I really hate what the US census has done to us by instilling this "classification". Italians were not considered white on the census until somewhere around the 50s. My father protests and always fills out "other". Since I am mixed gamut Mediterranean, Iberian, Western and Central European heritage I continue the tradition of filling out "other" as well. Of course tick the box of US citizen because I am.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times
The reporter is a pro-illegal alien sympathizer who was trying to demonize people who criticize illegal immigration and those who want English to be spoken.

When an actor posing as a restaurant employee refused to serve someone who REFUSED to speak English in New Jersey ABC tried to make it appear as if there was something wrong with the employee.

Later on, when one man told an ABC reporter that he believed all immigration should be legal the reporter tried to guilt trip him into believing that it wasn't.

Unbelievable.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:22 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

My aunt said they have a storyline (sob) on one of the soaps involving a young girl who is hiding from ICE with the assistance of some of the main characters. I also understand ‘The Simpsons’ had an illegal immigration episode. Apparently, some of the networks are attempting to influence their viewers’ stance on this volatile issue.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I mean White as in gamut! I really hate what the US census has done to us by instilling this "classification". Italians were not considered white on the census until somewhere around the 50s. My father protests and always fills out "other". Since I am mixed gamut Mediterranean, Iberian, Western and Central European heritage I continue the tradition of filling out "other" as well. Of course tick the box of US citizen because I am.
Hungarian and English lineage here for the most part (may have a tad of American Indian); but, look stereotypically Scandinavian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or