U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM

32,979 posts, read 30,239,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem with Pelosi is that her family got it's millions on the backs of their cheap illegal labor. She is just a part of the immense greed that want's it's unlimited dirt cheap labor that doesn't expect to have job benefits like health insurance. How much did her family pay it's illegal peons?
Yet, if she pushes reform her illegal labor pool would quit doing those jobs for a couple bucks an hour and would be making even more demands of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 PM

13,514 posts, read 14,525,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Easy there:

I voted for both Obama and Sheriff Joe.

Sarah Palin scared me too much being half a heartbeat from the Presidency if McCain won.
Pelosi's just two heartbeats away. Chew on that for a while

Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,647,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
What is Nancy Pelosi talking about? I don't think there is such a thing as immigration raids. I know ICE performs workplace raids for illegal aliens not for immigrants.
Perhaps it would clear the air..(and please Ms Pelosi) if we could just start calling legal immigrants "Illegals who HAPPEN to have papers".....I mean , we've already stained the image of a whole segment of Americans, haven't we?...by using the odious term, "Legal Hispanics"? So if the HISPANICs have to be 'explained' so as to separate them from the illegals, why should the IMMIGRANTS be immune? Let's explain that SOME of the illegals are "just the same...except that they HAPPENED to arrive legally".

THAT way, NOBODY'S feelings would be hurt....sort of like saying "we're all in this thing together"...right?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:48 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,812,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem with Pelosi is that her family got it's millions on the backs of their cheap illegal labor. She is just a part of the immense greed that want's it's unlimited dirt cheap labor that doesn't expect to have job benefits like health insurance. How much did her family pay it's illegal peons?
excellent point! here are the facts on her business:

part of nancy's fortune is a Napa Valley vineyard worth $25 million that she owns with her husband. The vineyard produces expensive grapes for high-end wines. Napa grapes bring up to $4,000 a ton compared with $300 a ton for, say, San Joaquin grapes.
But Pelosi, winner of the 2003 Cesar Chavez award from the United Farm Workers, hires only nonunion workers and sells these grapes to nonunion wineries.

she has always pandered for the deals that make her family the most money and too bad about american workers.....

Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,776,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That's just too sour to chew on! Ick!

Moderator cut: advertising is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 03-20-2009 at 05:14 AM..

Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
For some reason; that does not scare me as much----------and, I am no fan of Pelosi either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or