U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:37 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,918,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
add me to that list. Seriously, mexico is angry? Who cares?
Exactly. They need America to survive, not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM

365 posts, read 668,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You think illegals are responsible for Texas and California's lead in exporting? From reading your article, you are making a huge leap in logic to state that illegals are responsible for these two states leading in exporting. As the quote below shows, economies are appearing to becoming more dependent upon globalization, but that doesn't have anything to do illegal immigration.

As economies globalize, workers' livelihoods are more likely to be tied to foreign markets.

See also the statement further down in the article that states that Texas and California depend upon Mexico as an export market--not a feed for illegal workers to make them the leading states in exports.

Globalizing Texas: Exports and High-Tech Jobs - Southwest Economy, September/October 2007 - FRB Dallas

Also, you are confusing illegal immigration with globalization?youre kidding me right? Globalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read the effects of globalization Its not just the movements of goods its also movemnt immigration icluding illegal immigration
--not the same at all. Also, Mexico being a huge trading partner does also not equate to illegal immigration being good.
Table 1-2. Population and Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by Region: 1980-2007
GDP per capita ($ 2000)122,31128,113(R) 34,548(R) 43,91545,564104Northeast22,53531,560(R) 38,709(R) 49,41552,016131Midwest21,45326,260(R) 33,718(R) 40,85142,31397South21,34125,988(R) 31,939(R) 41,94543,382103West24,91930,329(R) 36,004(R) 45,60847,04789

you have a point but in a competitive world you have to attrack investments actually by having lower wages, so explain to Me why the west "americas regions" grew 89% per capita slower than the other three regions, but more per gdp? EXPLAIN that with great detail please and I will stop my blabering so you can tell me that it was because they were selling high tech exports to Mexico and stuff but at the end the cheap labor is what fuels your exportations..because it trickles up
the cheap labor in the bottom make the high tech sectors more competiteve to come why would a high qualify person come to america if hes making descent money in his respective country? why because houseing was cheaper, services etc etc make it seem he was getting more for his services.

Defining Globalization

youre a smart fellow tell me this globalization has not effected Mexicos
industry or agricultural sectors? when you answer that you would have understood what globalization is, and its effects in capital and people.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:45 PM

117 posts, read 132,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. They need America to survive, not the other way around.
Sometimes I think that Mexico is to the USA what Cuba was to the USSR. A pit where we throw money and get nothin back.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:22 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,918,757 times
Quote:
Sometimes I think that Mexico is to the USA what Cuba was to the USSR. A pit where we throw money and get nothin back.
Hmm . . . I do believe you're correct.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,722,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
youre kidding me right? Globalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read the effects of globalization Its not just the movements of goods its also movemnt immigration icluding illegal immigration.
No, dear. Wikipedia's definition of 'globalization' does NOT give millions of illegal aliens the right to squat in the US in violation of our immigration laws. I do not care how Wikipedia defines globalization. It simply does not matter what their definition is. The concept of 'globalization' does not provide cover for people who are in the US illegally.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,708,006 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Hmm . . . I do believe you're correct.
To run with you guys' ball further: probably the main reason that the Euro colonies in Africa, Asia, etc. were given their independence after WW II was the latter were a net liability.

One will notice that the UK, France, Spain as well as Portugal are more affluent since losing the majority of their overseas possessions.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,722,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
I dont even think you read the post I put, its ok I write to much anyway lol. But listen closely to these quote
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

If I was your enemy and wish america the worst I would not be putting all of its defaults, If we put opinions its ok but to think realistic on some opinions I dont. Some of us complain on how things are the way they are.
these are the reasons were weak. I think that if we applied them we would be a better country in all aspects.

1. why do arabs hate us? because were there but why are we there? protecting oil routes for japan, europe and even china? imagine if we left, the arabs to monopolise the oil as they wish? I bet you then europe, china, and japan would send a force to put order not just invest when america has taken care of everything. thats why I think that its such a hipocrasy to talk about what mexico cost us. I bet you the arabs would reassemble their stupid jihad somewhere else.

2. America risking their lives in south korea, taiwan, europe, israel why are we fighting for their integrety if they cant defend themselves?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rySpending.jpg
just look at this? its ridiculous.
Nuclear Power Education - Cost of Nuclear Power.

Just look at this japan, france,england and germany spend close to 120 billion dollars and trust me they would not spend that if america stop being their policeman and they would not be at war with us commercially because they are our real competitors for employment and profits. Now the reason I put the article about nuclear plants is that china is building 4 nuclear plants at a cost of 1.5 billion dollars each. Imagine what america could do with 500 billion dollars just imagine. china is not strong is weak the only diffrence is that america wants to be everywhere at the same time,
there was a famous chinese that say Sun Tzu
he who protects everything protects nothing.

I agree with you and most of the points that we talk about here, but where I dont agree is that the usa keeps supporting everything that is wrong with these world and our partners dont care one bit. so we should fight our wars in the streets of new york to california where our citizens are dying by the bunches. that are hospitals keep taking drunk driving incidents, drug related offenses etc. etc. we both can agree that we need a regulated labor program. so if Mexico and Canada are the ones actually supporting us by being are two strongest trading partners why not
fully integrated with them economically? or is it that we really fear Mexico as a partner?

Because there is zero benefit for the US and Canada in entering into some sort of NAU-style deal with Mexico and we know it. Be honest- the second that the three countries were integrated, every poor, unskilled Mexican would be heading for the US or Canada to 'live their American or Canadian dream', wouldn't they? What effect do you think having tens of millions of impoverished, poorly educated people with no job skills would have on either country? The end result would be that instead of having one Third World country in North America, there would be three.

You are always talking about how we should help Mexico more. If the US agreed that we would provide a good sized bundle of bucks to Mexico to improve the country PROVIDED every illegal Mexican in the US went back, what do you think would happen?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,658,327 times
Quote:
add me to that list. Seriously, mexico is angry? Who cares?
Agreed.
Can't cuss on this forum.......
But will add my........Who the F cares?

So they are mad? No one in the whole world cares.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:13 PM

117 posts, read 132,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Agreed.
Can't cuss on this forum.......
But will add my........Who the F cares?

So they are mad? No one in the whole world cares.
You know if this country spent half as much energy mending our own fences as we do worrying about who we offended we would be a whole lot better off. I don't know how else to say it but we owe the world dick and I am sick of the bleeding heart apologists like Kerry and Kennedy running around kissing any butt that turns their way as long as it aint american butt.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,745,171 times
The economy of Mexico is 10th to 12th largest in the world. Since the 1994 crisis, administrations have improved the country's macroeconomic fundamentals.
and has maintained positive, although low, rates of growth after a brief period of stagnation in 2001.
Moody's (in March 2000) and Fitch IBCA (in January 2002) issued investment-grade ratings for Mexico's sovereign debt.

The economy contains a mixture of modern and outmoded industry and agriculture, both of which are increasingly dominated by the private sector.
Recent administrations have expanded competition in ports, railroads, telecommunications, electricity generation, natural gas distribution and airports, with the aim of upgrading infrastructure.

As an export-oriented economy, more than 90% of Mexican trade is under free trade agreements (FTAs) with more than 40 countries, including the European Union, Japan, Israel, and much of Central and South America

Poverty

After the 1994–1995 economic crisis, probably the most severe in the country's history, 50% of the population fell into poverty.

A rapid growth in exports propitiated by NAFTA and other trade agreements, and the restructuring of the macroeconomic finances initiated during Zedillo's and continued during Fox's administration had significant results in the reduction of the poverty rate: according to the World Bank, poverty was reduced from 24.2% in 2000 to 17.6% in 2004.[20]

Economy of Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration