U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 PM

13,466 posts, read 14,454,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I don't see the USA taking much reponsibility either, they start wars and send troops without caring for their safety, how many people gets killed and maimed for no reason?

Taxpayers money that could be used to build more schools, hospitals, roads, etc is spent in wars and other stupid defense projects that don't even work like the starwars project.

now the government doesn't really do anything except smoke and mirrors regarding the illegal problem, illegal employeers get away with it with no punishment, the government gives them handouts, I don't see what the government is doing in behalf of their citizens honestly.

the truth is that in most countries citizens want something and the government wants something else, the US is no exception.
What's your postition on the specific issue raised by the OP?

This isn't the war or wealth distribution thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 09:42 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,543,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
State of Sonora is angry at Influx of Mexicans into Mexico .
Nine state legislators from the Mexican state of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona 's new employer crackdown on illegals from Mexico. It seems that many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off about it. A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona 's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state. At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora-Arizona 's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.
The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license. The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government.
'How can they pass a law like this?' asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales. 'There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona, she said, speaking only in Spanish..

'Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs,' she said.

<b>Sure we can easilly get rid of illegals if we really want to.</b> in In The News in History Channel

Too Bad!

send the bills of welfare, medical costs, jail cost and crime costs to mexico and let them pay it all for illegal aliens. then lets see them complain.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Alot of the problem there too is the dominance of the Catholic Church which encourages overpopulation. If Mexicans would have just 2 or even 3 kids, their country would be better off.
In all fairness: the birthrate in Mexico today is just over 2 children per woman.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/mx.html

Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,026,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: the birthrate in Mexico today is just over 2 children per woman.

Since you often quote this about Mexico's birthrate, maybe I can get you to do some searching for me in the downtown Phx library. I realize this might be true of Mexican women today, but it WAS NOT the case throughout most of the 1900's! You see, I lived in Phoenix for 30 years (leaving in early 2004). I clearly remember reading a 4 or 5 page spread in the AZ Republic about how the government of Mexico wanted Mexicans to breed like rabbits (my words, not theirs) in order to take back the land they lost to the US. The government felt that they lost the northern parts of Mexico only because they didn't have enough manpower to win. So, for over 75 years the people were told to have as many children as possible in order to send them to the US and literally take back their land by shear numbers. I have tried to research this online, but not having a valid library card anymore I can't do so. I really don't expect you to do my research for me, but if anyone in the Phoenix area wants to search for this info, then please do. All I can remember is that the article was in a Phoenix paper (probably a Sunday edition) sometime between 1994 and 2004. I KNOW what I read and this article has haunted me for years.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Since you often quote this about Mexico's birthrate, maybe I can get you to do some searching for me in the downtown Phx library. I realize this might be true of Mexican women today, but it WAS NOT the case throughout most of the 1900's! You see, I lived in Phoenix for 30 years (leaving in early 2004). I clearly remember reading a 4 or 5 page spread in the AZ Republic about how the government of Mexico wanted Mexicans to breed like rabbits (my words, not theirs) in order to take back the land they lost to the US. The government felt that they lost the northern parts of Mexico only because they didn't have enough manpower to win. So, for over 75 years the people were told to have as many children as possible in order to send them to the US and literally take back their land by shear numbers. I have tried to research this online, but not having a valid library card anymore I can't do so. I really don't expect you to do my research for me, but if anyone in the Phoenix area wants to search for this info, then please do. All I can remember is that the article was in a Phoenix paper (probably a Sunday edition) sometime between 1994 and 2004. I KNOW what I read and this article has haunted me for years.
And; starting about 30 years ago, the Mexican government was starting to realize the dangers of overpopulation hence requesting their citizens to start curbing family sizes.

Note that I live here in the Phx area and using Spanish speaking Indians/Mestizos as the proxy-----------illegal aliens are much thinner on the ground compared to 18 months ago.

Between our growing unemployment rate and employer sanctions law----------said illegals are realizing that Az is not healthy for them anymore.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:51 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,026,686 times
Quote:
And; starting about 30 years ago, the Mexican government was starting to realize the dangers of overpopulation hence requesting their citizens to start curbing family sizes.

Note that I live here in the Phx area and using Spanish speaking Indians/Mestizos as the proxy-----------illegal aliens are much thinner on the ground compared to 18 months ago.

Between our growing unemployment rate and employer sanctions law----------said illegals are realizing that Az is not healthy for them anymore.
You might be right about the Mexican government realizing the dangers of overpopulation. However, at the time I read this article, the practice of having large families was still being pushed. Can't fault the illegals for leaving AZ... they are the number one reason I fled the state. I lived in Maryvale for 30 years! I know what it was like when I moved there in 1973 and I know what it was like when I left. I AM glad the illegals are leaving the state. But I fear they are only moving to other states.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What's your postition on the specific issue raised by the OP?

This isn't the war or wealth distribution thread.
My position is that, this article is dubious because so far no link to a trusty news source has been posted, it would be nice to have one to make any further comments.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Quote:

Just curious. Does this birthrate IN Mexico include all of the anchor babies born in the US by illegal Mexican nationals too? These anchor babies, after all, are born to illegal Mexican nationals still under the jurisdiction of Mexico.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Just curious. Does this birthrate IN Mexico include all of the anchor babies born in the US by illegal Mexican nationals too? These anchor babies, after all, are born to illegal Mexican nationals still under the jurisdiction of Mexico.
That I doubt: pretty sure the CIA info refers to children born in Mexico.

Remember too that many of the alleged 'Anchors' would indeed be legit if one parent is a US citizen/green card holder.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM

147 posts, read 186,404 times
I love reading all of these posts! The reality of it is is that illegals are wrong for coming hear, let's see how do I say this.. ILLEGALLY! If there were consequences for breaking the law they wouldn't do it. No matter how many statistics people post about their contributions and how their presence is actually helping US, which I don't believe for a second. There comes a point when it's abusive and we're there already. When breaking the law becomes profitable, somethings wrong. So while all the graphs and charts are pretty to look at it doesn't answer the REAL question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration