U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times

Advertisements

Steven Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C., told WND approximately 1 million households headed by illegal immigrants acquired mortgages through the beginning of 2007, before the housing bubble burst.

"There is no legal prohibition against illegal immigrants owning homes," he said, "and in most cases mortgage lenders will accept a taxpayer ID or a Matricula Consular card issued by a Mexican Consulate office as identification to illegal immigrants from Mexico."

Illegals will get a Mortgage relief - Debate Politics Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 AM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Steven Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C., told WND approximately 1 million households headed by illegal immigrants acquired mortgages through the beginning of 2007, before the housing bubble burst.

"There is no legal prohibition against illegal immigrants owning homes," he said, "and in most cases mortgage lenders will accept a taxpayer ID or a Matricula Consular card issued by a Mexican Consulate office as identification to illegal immigrants from Mexico."

Illegals will get a Mortgage relief - Debate Politics Forums
lol I like this article thanks for providing it so youre telling me
hispanics bought houses in the end of the housing bubble? even better to support what I am preaching. Can you tell me that if they bought a house
in 2007 and now with the housing bubble starting in 2008 did they
benefitted from the bubble or they did not?
by that I mean did they benefitted from any equity? from their house?
in other words they bought in a house market that was already ready to burst and againg victims of their own ignorance. Now their losing them because the banks cannot support all the negative assets that they have to compensate from the bubble market. By that I mean all of those that made money selling their houses and making a quick profit and spending it on cars, trips, clothes, furniture.
Causes of the United States housing bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here you go so you can have a better understaning of the housing bubble,
created by greed

Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
you should copy your stuff down, so all you have to do is paste it to every message...
it will save you from writers cramp.. having to type the same crap over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... get the point..

Old 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM

147 posts, read 186,371 times
Yeah while the rest of us were paying atrocious mortgages, here are the leeches. Do you know why they were able to purchase any property? Because they don't have to pay for anything else! Food? NO, Medical? NO, TAXES?, NOPE! Yet my property taxes are throught the roof. BTW there was an article in THE STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE a couple of years ago where the federal government was matching dollar for dollar a down payment on a house for illegals. Up to 40,000. That's disgusting..

Old 03-20-2009, 05:35 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
They got loans with no money down and basically went from renting to paying a reduced mortgage in many cases cheaper than their previous rent before the loan reset. Why would we throw money at anyone who had that type of loan?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM

147 posts, read 186,371 times
Good business practices?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
you should copy your stuff down, so all you have to do is paste it to every message...
it will save you from writers cramp.. having to type the same crap over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... get the point..
You know when I discover this forum
i thougth it was pretty cool. Thought we could really talk about ideas and really learn from each other. I hope all that anger and frustration that you have against illegals turn out the way you want it. But dont count on it
for 5 days I have type type, and for what, for nothing. We humans are stubborn and dont see what the causes are til there to late to realize them. the problem with this country and its backwarness is that it tries to do to much and at the end it does nothing. Our politicans are the problem
and consumers and if that doesnt change the country wont change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or