U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,584,362 times

Advertisements

Anti-illegal immigrant groups launch Mexico tourism boycott | mexico, flyers, say, border, immigration - News - OCRegister.com

Quote:
"With Americans going down … it would be contributing to the economy of a country that is hostile to the United States of America," said Barbara Coe, a Huntington Beach resident and leader of California Coalition for Immigration Reform. "Mexico has constantly tried to interfere with immigration policy."

Quote:
Mexican Consul Carlos Rodríguez y Quezada disputes the fliers' claims that Mexico urges amnesty, is violent and is a bad neighbor.

"We've always been good friends and good neighbors," he said. "We're not demanding amnesty but immigration reform."
Yes, immigration reform for every single illegal alien from Mexico whom the Mexican govt. feels is entitled to every US-subsidized service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,311,193 times
I doubt it'll be effective, if most tourist ignore the US department of state warnings, I doubt they'll listen a radical group, those groups are appealing to minorities usually.

The truth is that Mexico is an awesome country, and it won't stop being awesome because some people think different, all those warnings and stuff don't make her loose her coolness a bit but if they want to miss the sun, beaches, music and the fun it's their loss, people from as far as Japan or Australia come here every year.

The Pendulum - Students plan trips to Mexico despite warnings of violence
Mexico: Tourism strong despite violence, economy - Worldnews.com
Mexico too violent to visit? Tourism chief says no - CNN.com
College kids kick off spring break despite warnings

Old 03-20-2009, 07:22 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Anti-illegal immigrant groups launch Mexico tourism boycott | mexico, flyers, say, border, immigration - News - OCRegister.com

Mexican Consul Carlos Rodríguez y Quezada disputes the fliers' claims that Mexico urges amnesty, is violent and is a bad neighbor.

"We've always been good friends and good neighbors," he said. "We're not demanding amnesty but immigration reform."

Yes, immigration reform for every single illegal alien from Mexico whom the Mexican govt. feels is entitled to every US-subsidized service.
Well........here's the thing, dude. You have no business DEMANDING anything from us. Go take a flying leap.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:24 PM

608 posts, read 882,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I doubt it'll be effective, if most tourist ignore the US department of state warnings, I doubt they'll listen a radical group, those groups are appealing to minorities usually.

The truth is that Mexico is an awesome country, and it won't stop being awesome because some people think different, all those warnings and stuff don't make her loose her coolness a bit but if they want to miss the sun, beaches, music and the fun it's their loss, people from as far as Japan or Australia come here every year.

Agreed awesome place!!! Mexico is not just a destination for tequila shootin' or Corona swigging spring breakers. Beautiful pyramids all over and who knows how many more are yet to be discovered. Fascinating place with diverse regional customs and cultures.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
College campuses? That's going to backfire...

Mexico should pay them for the advertising!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:28 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

He hasn't been informed by La Racist that CIR is a code word for amnesty.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,584,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Well........here's the thing, dude. You have no business DEMANDING anything from us. Go take a flying leap.
Shhh!!! You should be very careful with those words.

The law states that Mexico is entitled to have its demands met otherwise not doing so constitutes as an oh-so-blatant act of racism, bigotry, xenophobia, Hispanophobia, etc.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You read my mind. I literally copied the identical segment of the story you quoted to respond to.

That being said, I totally agree with you. Mexican officials and US anchor babies in our government need to stop pretending that they aren't constantly whining and demanding amnesty for their poverty stricken masses. Someone just posted a story on this forum about mexican officials who are ticked off, whining and complaining about not having the means to supply jobs or take care of their nationals returning from the US.

Additionally, they delusionally believe that Americans are willing to risk life and limb just to get a suntan and drink themselves into a drunken stupor in Mexico. The reality of the situation is there are numerous countries for spring breakers to go, get some sun, have some fun and actually live to tell their vacation stories.

When you factor in the daily beheadings courtesy of mexico's drug cartels and the issues that continue to arise with regard to mexico demanding that we allow their dangerous vehicles to transport their cheap goods on our highways, it simply reiterates that the US needs to cut them off, seal the borders and let them back up their machismo.

The US does not need their cheap imports or their cheap illegal alien labor in order to survive. The reality of the situation is mexico is a drain on all things America and they wouldn't last 30 days without America propping it up.

In light of the fact that we have a full blown economic recession and illegal alien backlash is in full swing, it's time for mexico to count it's blessings because the reality of the situation is the US has and will continue to survive without anything or any of their nationals crossing our southern ever again in this life or the next. We never have needed them and we never will.

We all know whose been propping up who for the sake of giving it the appearance of being a real country.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-22-2009 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,311,193 times
Tourism in Mexico is a very large industry. Mexico is the number one destination for foreign tourists within the Latin America region, ranking worldwide in the eighth place in terms of the international tourist arrivals, with 21.4 million visitors in 2006.[1] Revenues from international tourists reached USD 12.17 billion in 2006, and Mexico captured 15.7% of the Americas international tourism market share in terms of arrivals, In 2005, tourism contributed with 5.7% of the country's revenues from exports of goods and services, and represented 14.2% of direct and indirect employment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Mexico

wonder why?

http://prodeco.xoc.uam.mx/ecoecol/imagenes/puentedeDios.jpg (broken link)

http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/0706/images/CuatroCienagas.jpg (broken link)

http://www.pueblapictures.com/albums/userpics/10001/normal_pue3iu674sy.jpg (broken link)

http://www.cancunhoteles-mx.com/FotosDestinos/Playa_del_Carmen.jpg (broken link)

And that's not even 1/10th of the country

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-20-2009 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Having traveled all over the world I feel confident in saying this. Ignoring a travel advisory is a good way to find yourself in a bad situation. I love Thailand and the Thai people. I travel to Thailand every year with my wife. Make no mistake I never venture to southern Thailand. I don't want to end up dead, kidnapped or maimed. I am a combat vet highly trained and I am very confident in my survival abilities. Yes no doubt Mexico has some attractive areas. They also have some seriously dangerous areas. Especially if you are a non-native or a tourist. Enter at your own risk. Bad things happen to people who ignore warnings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or