U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 01:29 PM

147 posts, read 186,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszewicz View Post
well?????

i heard that mexico distributes comic books and fliers that encourage illegal immigration.....

if that's true then is someone going to stop them?????

those are simple questions but i need answers and also sources to support those answers.....

FOXNews.com - Illegal Aliens Eligible for Social Security Benefits - Opinion

I don't want to misinform however you might wan to read this. I know that many countries encourage people to move here and in fact provide them with the information necessary to not just survive, flourish..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 03:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
I think it's all about the remittance money. It's billions of dollars being sent back to families -- usually by the parents of children left behind in Mexico. Sometimes an older sibling is sent to send money back to parents, but often young parents leave their children behind -- with relatives or whoever to come work in the USA and send money.

It would be better for Mexico and the Central American nations to teach responsibility, to teach their people to delay starting families until they are able to support them and to limit family size to what they can provide.

Most people in Mexico if they finish an education and obtain job skills and a job before starting families and don't have one baby after another can make it just fine in Mexico. Working and building up their own country would be better than packing up and getting to the USA.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Absolutely. It's a Third-World society, based heavily on a concept of ethnic solidarity, and different in many fundamental ways from ours 'up here', which is theoretically supposed to be a volountary, artificial 'solidarity' of values and concepts, (what 'makes' a person American), and NOT on ethnicity.

Pity that person who "looks" Mexican, or has a Hispanic surname, yet does NOT speak passable Spanish, or hew to the 'pro-illegal' line....the scolding and the eye rolling, and the 'put-downs', both serious and 'joking', can get VERY tiresome, if not annoying.

It does happen in Mexico, too...but it's actually much WORSE here in the states; a person who 'SEEMS' like a Mexican should ACT, THINK, and BEHAVE like one. It doesn't give one a 'warm feeling', I can assure you. I've even known Mexican immigrants with non-Hispanic surnames having to 'Explain" to people (other immigrants) that, "no, I was NOT adopted; that's REALLY my family surname".

VERY different in scope, and in 'focus', from our culture here in the US...but of course, we're not supposed to discuss this...right?
No joke there: my original surname sounds 'Hispanic': the look on the face of especially a Latino when they saw me in person after hearing my name was priceless-----------somehow said Hispanic folks did not expect to see a tall Viking.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:58 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
mexico and america have an under the table NAFTA going for the last 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or