U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:30 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszewicz View Post
a person whom i know suggested that in order to stop illegal immigration some things had to be done.....

this is what he suggested:::::

1. punish the employers who employ illegal aliens.....
2. deny government handouts to illegal aliens.....
3. modify the 14th amendment to prevent illegal alien children from gaining citizenship which illegal alien parents can use to indirectly receive government handouts.....
4. punish and deport those who entered the country illegally or have overstayed his or her visas.....
5. build a border wall to stop illegal migration.....

should anything else be added?????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was warned by certain people that some of the 5 suggestions are racist and hateful and xenophobic.....

which ones are racist and hateful and xenophobic?????

i need to get rid of any of the those 5 suggestions that are racist and hateful and xenophobic.....
If directed towards just Mexican nationals of Aztec/Spanish lineage: such a policy would be racist. Remember that Mexicans come in all colors--------I have known several White ones.

If directed towards any illegal alien------------of course not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,922,368 times
Amend the 14th ... no more automatic citizenship by illegal non-U.S. born
perents...sneaking over just to give birth.
one more LESS reason for these paracites to follow the gravy-train!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The 14th amendment, IMO, is not racist but hateful and descriminatory. The children should not have to pay for the actions of the parents. If they are raised in this country, their loyalty is with America. We should not make up excuses about parents having children only to get handouts. That is ridiculous. In Cali, all welfare aid has been taken away from those that are illegal in this country. That will not stop people from having children.
How is the denial of U.S. citizenship to the children of two people who are NOT citizens of this country, and have deliberately violated our laws, considered hateful and discriminatory? It was “hateful and discriminatory” to deny citizenship to the offspring of freed slaves; ergo, the enactment of the 14th Amendment. It would only be hateful and discriminatory if a select group of illegal alien children were granted citizenship based on parental race/ethnicity, national origin, eye/hair color, socioeconomic status, or similar distinguishing factors; while others were not.

If the parents aren’t citizens, their children shouldn’t be granted citizenship. We don’t grant citizenship to the children of diplomats born in this country, so why do we grant citizenship to children of illegal aliens? It’s a flagrant and despicable manipulation of the 14th Amendment, and it MUST end.

Unfortunately, children often suffer due to the actions of their parents; as evidenced by the millions of children whose parents are incarcerated. It’s a sad fact of life. If the children of illegal aliens suffer, they have only their parents to blame.

Yes, people will continue to have children. However, their children should have the same citizenship and immigration status as their parents. If not for the manipulation of the 14th Amendment, and the resultant myriad freebies these parents receive, they would NOT choose to give birth here. More importantly, children should not be rewarded for their parents’ criminal behavior.

Quote:
No, I dont buy into such myth. I believe in educating people and empowering them to be self-sufficient and independent. Something is obviously lacking in our society...whether its peer pressure, parenting skills, school or society in general. That is what I rather work on so that we can have more productive and contributing members of our society. These Americans (as you call them anchor babies) most do not know what it is to live in their parent's country and certainly do not represent the majority of Americans who's parents are from another country.
You may want to consider it a myth, but illegal aliens do in fact deliberately give birth on U.S. soil for the sole purpose of gaining government freebies, and to “anchor” themselves to this country through their U.S.-born offspring.

Sadly, the children of illegal aliens tend to exhibit the same arrogance and sense of entitlement as their parents, and often share their parents’ disdain for this country. Moreover, these children are raised in an environment replete with fraud and ‘playing’ the system. Generally, children learn what they live; albeit, there are exceptions.

Birthright Citizenship is a HUGE illegal alien magnet. IMO, this is the most abhorrent of all illegal alien scams.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,922,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How is the denial of U.S. citizenship to the children of two people who are NOT citizens of this country, and have deliberately violated our laws, considered hateful and discriminatory? It was “hateful and discriminatory” to deny citizenship to the offspring of freed slaves; ergo, the enactment of the 14th Amendment. It would only be hateful and discriminatory if a select group of illegal alien children were granted citizenship based on parental race/ethnicity, national origin, eye/hair color, socioeconomic status, or similar distinguishing factors; while others were not.

If the parents aren’t citizens, their children shouldn’t be granted citizenship. We don’t grant citizenship to the children of diplomats born in this country, so why do we grant citizenship to children of illegal aliens? It’s a flagrant and despicable manipulation of the 14th Amendment, and it MUST end.

Unfortunately, children often suffer due to the actions of their parents; as evidenced by the millions of children whose parents are incarcerated. It’s a sad fact of life. If the children of illegal aliens suffer, they have only their parents to blame.

Yes, people will continue to have children. However, their children should have the same citizenship and immigration status as their parents. If not for the manipulation of the 14th Amendment, and the resultant myriad freebies these parents receive, they would NOT choose to give birth here. More importantly, children should not be rewarded for their parents’ criminal behavior.

You may want to consider it a myth, but illegal aliens do in fact deliberately give birth on U.S. soil for the sole purpose of gaining government freebies, and to “anchor” themselves to this country through their U.S.-born offspring.

Sadly, the children of illegal aliens tend to exhibit the same arrogance and sense of entitlement as their parents, and often share their parents’ disdain for this country. Moreover, these children are raised in an environment replete with fraud and ‘playing’ the system. Generally, children learn what they live; albeit, there are exceptions.

Birthright Citizenship is a HUGE illegal alien magnet. IMO, this is the most abhorrent of all illegal alien scams.
Right On The Money.. Good Post!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
No, I dont buy into such myth. I believe in educating people and empowering them to be self-sufficient and independent. Something is obviously lacking in our society...whether its peer pressure, parenting skills, school or society in general. That is what I rather work on so that we can have more productive and contributing members of our society. These Americans (as you call them anchor babies) most do not know what it is to live in their parent's country and certainly do not represent the majority of Americans who's parents are from another country.

Here is a case I know -- a pregnant 16 year old girl came up from Chihuahua with a visitor visa to stay with her aunt until the baby was born. She and her boyfriend lived in one of the bedrooms of a single-wide trailer with the aunt, the aunt's boyfriend who had the other bedroom, the 3 teenage children of the aunt slept in the living room.

This was the arrangement until their cousin gave birth and was able to get welfare handouts and her own place to live. The new mother nor her boyfriend were not working. Nor was the aunt so for that reason couldn't sponsor the new mother.

Why should this kind of thing be rewarded? Why should people like this be given a pass around the immigration laws? That baby could care less what country it's in, it doesn't know any culture.

Mexico is really not such a horrible country. If an anchor baby should go home with his/her parents, it's not exactly like falling off the edge of the earth. People live and work and go to school in Mexico. It's not actually the sewer that illegals claim it to be to justify breaking USA laws.

The whole notion that they come here "to better themselves" implies that if they stay in Mexico they aren't bettering themselves. How about working to make Mexico a better place instead of working to get them all into the USA?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:44 PM

I think most Americans if visiting Mexico would not claim they have some right to stay in Mexico or that they cannot bring their Mexican-born child back to the USA.

To me it's a terrible thing for parents' to use their children as some kind of justification for why they should not abide by laws. It's even worse for them to denigrate their own country and make up lies about it, because Mexico is in fact the 12th richest nation in the world. Mexicans living in Mexico in fact are one of the happiest people, Mexico is a very good country making progress.

The other thing about it is, in order to make it in the USA without welfare handouts and food stamps, free medical care and so on, a person has to delay childbearing until finishing an education, getting a job and usually a marriage, and also limiting family size to what one can support. That is just as true in the USA as in Mexico. We're attracting many of the very worst types with the policy of welfare handouts simply for making it over the border before a birth.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:51 PM

147 posts, read 186,436 times
Quote:

I know that you're not suggesting that 'anchor babies or the term I preffer is 'jackpot' babies, does not exist. I see it everyday. Illegals come here for one thing and one thing alone, please don't insult our intelligence. Illegal supporters want to make the case that '"they don't hurt anybody, they just want to work and have a better life" So does everyone else. The problem is that they start off by breaking the law. Good first impression, right?
While we're at it, can we PLEASE stop referring to the 14th amendment. This was created to protect slaves, not give a meal ticket to criminals. It is clear!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM

What might work is for all welfare handouts to be immediately stopped and a temporary program of providing food stamps and other assistence at reduced costs in the sending countries.

Give illegals and other non-citizen or dual citizens the option of no government handouts here of any kind but if they return home they get half. We're throwing billions of dollars at Mexico anyway for all sorts of programs and we're spending the money either way for their food stamps and free health care while the cost of living in Mexico is far cheaper -- it would cost us much less.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What might work is for all welfare handouts to be immediately stopped and a temporary program of providing food stamps and other assistence at reduced costs in the sending countries.

Give illegals and other non-citizen or dual citizens the option of no government handouts here of any kind but if they return home they get half. We're throwing billions of dollars at Mexico anyway for all sorts of programs and we're spending the money either way for their food stamps and free health care while the cost of living in Mexico is far cheaper -- it would cost us much less.
Sounds reasonable, in the surreal, nightmare world of California politics. As a landlord, I once 'held my nose' and PAID a particularly troublesome (and non-paying) renter to LEAVE.....which he did; after 7 months of 'bickering' and threats, when I paid him, he took my money and he LEFT...in just a few days. It was probably the BEST $300 I ever spent...(looking back, I'd have gladly paid FIVE hundred dollars..just to get RID of the guy).

Legal? I'm not sure. Am I 'proud' of what I did? I'm not sure..but he's GONE !!!...and for me, that's enough. Never mind the 7 months rent he owed...he's GONE ! Oh JOY !!!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 PM

147 posts, read 186,436 times
Quote:
The 14th amendment, IMO, is not racist but hateful and descriminatory. The children should not have to pay for the actions of the parents. If they are raised in this country, their loyalty is with America. We should not make up excuses about parents having children only to get handouts. That is ridiculous. In Cali, all welfare aid has been taken away from those that are illegal in this country. That will not stop people from having children.

I beg to differ. Illegals do not come here for the pretty panaramic views. they come here because they know what waits for them. How many pregnant women cross the border?? They come here with the intention of having a baby ie. 'anchor or jackpot baby' because they know they will be entitled to all the benefits. Without that baby there is nothing for them. The baby is born automatically as a citizen. The 14th amendment, my dear, was created to ensure that slaves' babies would be protected. So please expalin to me how that is racist or discriminatory??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration