Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM

5 posts, read 11,096 times

Advertisements

a person whom i know suggested that in order to stop illegal immigration some things had to be done.....

this is what he suggested:::::

1. punish the employers who employ illegal aliens.....
2. deny government handouts to illegal aliens.....
3. modify the 14th amendment to prevent illegal alien children from gaining citizenship which illegal alien parents can use to indirectly receive government handouts.....
4. punish and deport those who entered the country illegally or have overstayed his or her visas.....
5. build a border wall to stop illegal migration.....

should anything else be added?????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was warned by certain people that some of the 5 suggestions are racist and hateful and xenophobic.....

which ones are racist and hateful and xenophobic?????

i need to get rid of any of the those 5 suggestions that are racist and hateful and xenophobic.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,791 times
All of your suggestions would end illegal immigration. But this is a battle that, I fear, the U.S. is simply too lily-livered to fight. Americans, in general, are just too paranoid of being considered nativist, xenophobic and racist to do what needs to be done to end illegal immigration.

So yes...one more thing to add to your list: Hope for a miracle.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
I would suggest one correction; the illegal immigration situation is not what's normally defined as a 'thingamajig', although that's a common misconception....actually, illegal immigration is much closer to a 'whatchamacallit'...(It MIGHT be stopped by installing some 'gizmos' along the border..or convincing the illegals to use the American language)...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM

50,234 posts, read 46,991,184 times
The 14th amendment is a farce and a free lotto like way to get citizenship by way of your mother being capable of crossing undetected.

I'm surprised the trespassers haven't hired attorneys for in flight births in our air space.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
The 14th amendment, IMO, is not racist but hateful and descriminatory. The children should not have to pay for the actions of the parents. If they are raised in this country, their loyalty is with America. We should not make up excuses about parents having children only to get handouts. That is ridiculous. In Cali, all welfare aid has been taken away from those that are illegal in this country. That will not stop people from having children.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The 14th amendment, IMO, is not racist but hateful and descriminatory. The children should not have to pay for the actions of the parents. If they are raised in this country, their loyalty is with America. We should not make up excuses about parents having children only to get handouts. That is ridiculous. In Cali, all welfare aid has been taken away from those that are illegal in this country. That will not stop people from having children.
Funny: most nations no longer have birthright citizenship yet the Third Worlders do not hold it against the former.

Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany all come to mind.

Read that if your mother and father were in one of the above nations illegally------------you would not be counted as a citizen of that country despite being born there.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
All of your suggestions would end illegal immigration. But this is a battle that, I fear, the U.S. is simply too lily-livered to fight. Americans, in general, are just too paranoid of being considered nativist, xenophobic and racist to do what needs to be done to end illegal immigration.

So yes...one more thing to add to your list: Hope for a miracle.
Actually, I honestly believe that the fed gov is just too corrupt to do what it would take. Special interest groups such as the US Chamber of Commerce have bought off enough career politicians to do what is good for the special interest groups and not what is good for the country. At least 80% of the country is against illegal immigration, but the ruling elites don't care and are only going to do what the ruling elites want. The ruling elites, of course, can get away with it.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,386 times
Quote:
So you're not aware of the anchor baby abuse industry? Break into the US illegally and have an anchor or two and get the anchors started on the 18 year welfare gravy train. 300,000 anchor babies a year constitutes and industry whether you realize it or not. But you do realize it, don't you?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
No, I dont buy into such myth. I believe in educating people and empowering them to be self-sufficient and independent. Something is obviously lacking in our society...whether its peer pressure, parenting skills, school or society in general. That is what I rather work on so that we can have more productive and contributing members of our society. These Americans (as you call them anchor babies) most do not know what it is to live in their parent's country and certainly do not represent the majority of Americans who's parents are from another country.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
No, I dont buy into such myth. I believe in educating people and empowering them to be self-sufficient and independent. Something is obviously lacking in our society...whether its peer pressure, parenting skills, school or society in general. That is what I rather work on so that we can have more productive and contributing members of our society. These Americans (as you call them anchor babies) most do not know what it is to live in their parent's country and certainly do not represent the majority of Americans who's parents are from another country.
The biggest problem with the Anchors automatically receiving birthright citizenship is they give the illegal parents a toehold here in the USA hence making it tougher to deport same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration