U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 06:24 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times

Advertisements

Newsmax.com - More Than 6 Million Illegals Hold Jobs (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/illegal_aliens_jobs/2009/02/18/183149.html - broken link)

Americans have been janitors, landscapers, fast food workers, farm hands,
hospitality industry workers, cunstruction workers...
long... long before illegals came!

And these are not the only jobs they steal... fake and stolen documents are
getting them many other types of jobs as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 AM

125 posts, read 180,733 times
I have been told, (I am not THAT old *L*) that then president Eisenhower went to work after the second world war, to round up and ship all of the illegal aliens back where they came from to open up jobs for the men returning from the war.
If it could be done then why not now?
I can hear all of the "Be politically correct" people out there, " We can't do that because we might violate their rights!"
What about the rights of the work a day world LEGAL citizens in this country that are trying to get by?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Newsmax.com - More Than 6 Million Illegals Hold Jobs (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/illegal_aliens_jobs/2009/02/18/183149.html - broken link)

Americans have been janitors, landscapers, fast food workers, farm hands,
hospitality industry workers, cunstruction workers...
long... long before illegals came!

And these are not the only jobs they steal... fake and stolen documents are
getting them many other types of jobs as well!
If we have an estimated 6-7 million illegal aliens working in this country, and we have an estimated 20 million illegals living in this country, how are the remaining 13-14 million illegals surviving? They canít all be children.

Furthermore, as you opined, we have more than enough U.S. citizens to fill those positions. Itís time to hit the employers HARD, and stop the freebies. Itís time for illegal aliens to leave permanently.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If we have an estimated 6-7 million illegal aliens working in this country, and we have an estimated 20 million illegals living in this country, how are the remaining 13-14 million illegals surviving? They canít all be children.

Furthermore, as you opined, we have more than enough U.S. citizens to fill those positions. Itís time to hit the employers HARD, and stop the freebies. Itís time for illegal aliens to leave permanently.

Not to mention that many illegals do not work full time jobs that provide health insurance and other benefits.

Many work "now and then", they work seasonal jobs and are idle for months at a time. Many work part time as they can find work. They live with USA born children's food stamps, WIC, free housing and many other government handouts.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not to mention that many illegals do not work full time jobs that provide health insurance and other benefits.

Many work "now and then", they work seasonal jobs and are idle for months at a time. Many work part time as they can find work. They live with USA born children's food stamps, WIC, free housing and many other government handouts.
"They live"
Not,
"I bet they live"
or
"I'm sure they live"
or
"I'm guessing they live"
or
"My theory is they live"

How do you keep track of all those millions of illegals?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 AM

147 posts, read 186,307 times
Case in point, the meat packing industry. A job that payed Americans 20+ dollars an hour, now employs illegals for a fraction of that.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:15 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
"They live"
Not,
"I bet they live"
or
"I'm sure they live"
or
"I'm guessing they live"
or
"My theory is they live"

How do you keep track of all those millions of illegals?

If they are all working how are they paying taxes unless it's a stolen SS number. If they aren't working then how are they getting by? Social Services I'll wager.

I seriously doubt many Illegal Aliens have a tax id to work and are paying their share of taxes. Under the table? Maybe but then it's untaxed and a large amount goes out of the Country via remittances.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM

125 posts, read 180,733 times
One way to start tog et rid of the ILLEGALS would be to go from business to business and check all employees.
I can hear the ACLU already," That would violate the rights of the illegals"
Well I mean "HELLO???" If the ACLU knows them to be illegal why not give the names to the INS so that we can ship them where they came from?
I know that initially the cost to check every employee would be prohibitive but I know the end result would be less money paid to support ILLEGALS>
I type ILLEGAL in all caps because i do not believe that the government knows the meaning of the word!! ARE YOU LISTENING PELOSI????????

Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
One way to start tog et rid of the ILLEGALS would be to go from business to business and check all employees.
I can hear the ACLU already," That would violate the rights of the illegals"
Well I mean "HELLO???" If the ACLU knows them to be illegal why not give the names to the INS so that we can ship them where they came from?
I know that initially the cost to check every employee would be prohibitive but I know the end result would be less money paid to support ILLEGALS>
I type ILLEGAL in all caps because i do not believe that the government knows the meaning of the word!! ARE YOU LISTENING PELOSI????????

Pelosi? Ah no.. She's busy HIRING the illegals to work in her vineyard in Napa and talking about how the Immigration raids "tear families apart", when in reality, it makes her have to have her staffer go down to the Home Depot and pick up some more..

Yep.. bussing tables at restaurants, fast food, etc.. used to be the jobs that struggling college students, high school students looking for P/T summer and after school jobs, Senior Citizens, and Americans who fell on hard times could work as a backup.. Now, the illegals have successfully taken over those fields..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration