U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 PM

786 posts, read 4,226,811 times

Advertisements

After much thought and analysis I have decided that America needs to completely open its border to Mexico. I call for a EU Model within the America, Canada and Latin America. Completely open movement of goods, services and labor.

The only way we can control our border is to basically eliminate it.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:57 PM

343 posts, read 147,181 times
Dingler, ole buddy, jest how much thought n analysis did you put into this wild ass notion. We gonna invite ole Chavez in on the deal? What would we name it? Hmmmm...Drugs r US...Canamexicans...Gringoland...Now a slogan..hmmm...I come live in your house, you go live in mine...Why don't we just give it to the Mexicans, go conquer Europe, run the Mooslums the hell out of Europe and everybody jest sit in wait for Jesus.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:07 PM

451 posts, read 1,015,882 times
Quote:
Dingler

After much thought and analysis I have decided that America needs to completely open its border to Mexico. I call for a EU Model within the America, Canada and Latin America. Completely open movement of goods, services and labor.

Why is it that people who agree with open borders can never give true and relevant thought as to why they agree with open borders.

Your three sentences seem to have been thought out over quite some time.(SARCASM)

Last edited by chloedog; 03-25-2007 at 07:30 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 07:48 PM

1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
You know why the EU model works? Because you have nations that are relatively equal in economic power, so no single nation is supporting the group. You don't have nations leeching off the others, either. There is no such thing in the Americas. Well, I could see having an open border with Canada, but Mexico? No way. It simply would not work.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
LeavingFlorida05
There is no such thing in the Americas. Well, I could see having an open border with Canada, but Mexico? No way. It simply would not work.
The deal from what I remember reading is that the U.S and Canada would give Mexico 200 Billion dollars to pull itself out of debt. If I find the article I will post it here. The deal is basically to give Mexico anything and everything to bring it onto the same playing field with the U.S. and Canada before the deal is implemented.

The whole thing is Treasonous. The fire sale of America has begun and every treasonous politician is doing everything they can to line their pockets at the cost of every American citizen. The sovereignty of America means nothing to these politicians as long as they can benefit from it and that is wrong. What the people want and think no longer matters.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:44 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

That has already begun, thanks to Presidente Bush. It's called the North American Union and he's fighting hard to make it reality. If he is successful, it will signal the end of the United States of America and everything she ever stood for.

Want to make a difference? SaveOurState.org.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
To understand the potential impact of the North American Union, one must understand the impact of NAFTA.

NAFTA promised greater exports, better jobs and better wages. Since 1994, just the opposite has occurred. The U.S. trade deficit soared and now approaches $1 trillion dollars per year; the U.S. has lost some 1.5 million jobs and real wages in both the U.S. and Mexico have fallen significantly.

Patrick Buchanan offered a simple example of NAFTA's deleterious effect on the U.S. economy:

"When NAFTA passed in 1993, we imported some 225,000 cars and trucks from Mexico, but exported about 500,000 vehicles to the world. In 2005, our exports to the world were still a shade under 500,000 vehicles, but our auto and truck imports from Mexico had tripled to 700,000 vehicles.

"As McMillion writes, Mexico now exports more cars and trucks to the United States than the United States exports to the whole world. A fine end, is it not, to the United States as "Auto Capital of the World"?

"What happened? Post-NAFTA, the Big Three just picked up a huge slice of our auto industry and moved it, and the jobs, to Mexico."
Excerpt

Story Continues,(Please read the whole article)
http://www.augustreview.com/index.ph...&id=1&Itemid=4

Why would the government spend time and money to stop illegal Mexican immigration when in 2010 the borders to the north and south will no longer exist. THIS IS WHY...You can call it a conspiracy theory if you want...Look at the big picture...this is the only thing I have found that makes the illegal immigration issue come close to making sense in regards to the U.S. politicians doing absolutely nothing.

Last edited by chloedog; 03-25-2007 at 09:40 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Default Too Much!!!!

Just how much Tequila were you drinking too come up with this brilliant IDEA!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 AM

786 posts, read 4,226,811 times
The EU has opened up free movement of goods and services (AND LABOR- Immigration) to a number of poor Eastern European countries that are completely different than places like France and Germany. They will eventually bring in Turkey, which is even more different. Mexico and America are not as different as lets say Bulgaria and UK. The EU works and and a combination of Mexico, USA and Canada will work to.

OPEN THE BORDER to a completely open flow of people, goods, services and ideas. Within time Americans will move to Mexico with as much flexibility as they move to Oregon today. Mexicans will not have to risk their lives to get to America, they will move here easily.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,221 times
Default dont forget

Are you serious?

Why stop there, dont forget to just open the jail cells to let all the other lawbreakers out. We cant reward people for breaking the law, it is supposed to be the opposite or else why do we have courts, laws and jails? immigrants are not exempt from our laws, no matter how many of them or how long they are breaking them.

Support America, dont kill it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or