Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,142,419 times

Advertisements

If the schools accepts tax dollars, or tax dollars are paying for these scholarships I am upset. If its a purely private institution and no tax dollars involved lets call Ice and have them card anyone and everyone who enters and leaves the campus. No profiling. Card everyone.Any illegals get carted off to nation of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 02:23 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,370,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If the schools accepts tax dollars, or tax dollars are paying for these scholarships I am upset. If its a purely private institution and no tax dollars involved lets call Ice and have them card anyone and everyone who enters and leaves the campus. No profiling. Card everyone.Any illegals get carted off to nation of origin.
Sounds like a plan. The question is, will they do it?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,329,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sounds like a plan. The question is, will they do it?
If ICE had all the manpower in the world, and the Administration was actually against illegal aliens studying here, then maybe. I don't see either of those situations changing any time soon.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,852,711 times
I understand the scholarship will be named in honor of Nancy Pulosi.

The Honorable Pulosi Illegal Alien Scholarship fund was approved on page 822 of the recent bailout.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,385,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m speechless.
I totally agree

Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM

147 posts, read 211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The San Mateo Community College District, on the San Francisco Peninsula, has sent a mass email announcing a scholarship for "undocumented" students of "Chicano / Latino descent" only.

Dear All,

CORE (Chicano Organizing & Research in Education) is pleased to announce its first annual "Que Llueva Café" scholarship. Applicants must be undocumented, Chicano/Latino, high school students entering college this fall. The postmark deadline is April 10, 2009.
American Thinker Blog: College scholarship for illegals only

Chicano Organizing & Research in Education - core programs (http://www.ca-core.org/services - broken link)

Is your blood boiling yet?

I am actually getting a migraine! You wanna hear something funny is that I have my children in Catholic school because the public schoolsystem is so overcrowded in our district and they are all Mexicans! They can't even have a choice if they what language they want to take! So I sacrifice and send them to private school. This just burns my *****! I lay awake at night thinking of how I'm gonna send my boys to college and this is going on! I tell you one thing, I'm emailng everyone from the President to Lou Dobbs.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,370,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
I am actually getting a migraine! You wanna hear something funny is that I have my children in Catholic school because the public schoolsystem is so overcrowded in our district and they are all Mexicans! They can't even have a choice if they what language they want to take! So I sacrifice and send them to private school. This just burns my *****! I lay awake at night thinking of how I'm gonna send my boys to college and this is going on! I tell you one thing, I'm emailng everyone from the President to Lou Dobbs.

Talk about great minds thinking alike. Funny you would mention that, already done.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 AM

167 posts, read 482,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
I emailed the college in question and stated that I hoped they were not using the taypayers dollars to fund this outrage.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,826,558 times
Imagine if a college or government entity decided to have a scholarship for Irish people only... The outrage!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,607,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Imagine if a college or government entity decided to have a scholarship for Irish people only... The outrage!!!
There are plenty of scholarships just like that for every ethnic background imaginable. This particular one is funded by a private group, as are these which also are only awarded to a specific ethnicity.

Anheuser-Busch Scholarship - NextStudent's Scholarship Search Engine
Annual awards for Irish national undergraduate students
John T. & Elizabeth Downs Cartan Scholarship - NextStudent's Scholarship Search Engine
Annual awards for Irish undergraduate students attending Saint Xavier University. First preference is given to a student from the Republic of Ireland preferably from a Mercy secondary school in Trim, County Meath or Scoil Mhuire.

There are even more for Italians:
http://www.nextstudent.com/directory...olarships.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration