U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,400,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with your post Benicar, it is positive to see that most people realize that there are many players to blame in this whole issue, Illegal immigrants made poor choices in life for doing things in a way that isn't right, but something that is worse than that, is that the government of the United States has become really corrupt, I'm sorry to say this, but those beautiful ideals created by the founding fathers and other great americans, those solid foundations that made America great, have slowly been forgotten and replaced by a government, that isn't for the people, or by the people, whose only commitment is with capital, corporations and other big powerful lobbies that have the resources to buy their way.

If things continue going this way, things can only get worse not better, unfortunately once that corruption starts to get a hold it is very hard to eradicate it, because that requires an inner change in the very souls of the people, their hearts and minds.
Absolutely. I've been saying for a long time how corrupt our government is, particularly Washington. There are lobbyists under every rock in Washington buying votes and Legislators under every rock selling their votes. You can't vote the corruption out anymore because the ruling elites are the ones that pick the candidates. The voting sheeple only select whichever candidate the sheeple prefer among the candidates picked by the ruling elites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:54 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with your post Benicar, it is positive to see that most people realize that there are many players to blame in this whole issue, Illegal immigrants made poor choices in life for doing things in a way that isn't right, but something that is worse than that, is that the government of the United States has become really corrupt, I'm sorry to say this, but those beautiful ideals created by the founding fathers and other great americans, those solid foundations that made America great, have slowly been forgotten and replaced by a government, that isn't for the people, or by the people, whose only commitment is with capital, corporations and other big powerful lobbies that have the resources to buy their way.

If things continue going this way, things can only get worse not better, unfortunately once that corruption starts to get a hold it is very hard to eradicate it, because that requires an inner change in the very souls of the people, their hearts and minds.
I couldn’t agree more. I am absolutely sickened by the rampant corruption in this country; as evidenced by the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws, both at the employer and employee levels. I hope and pray the corruption in the U.S. does not reach the level of corruption so entrenched in the Mexican government. If it does occur, we can kiss this great country goodbye.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:51 PM

147 posts, read 186,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 View Post
I keep seeing posts here blaming the illegal immigrants... really how can you blame them?

Our government gives them welfare handouts, free health care to pump out children, basically gives them a wink to come right over, refuses to deport them, lets their kids become citizens, etc etc...

I don't blame the illegal aliens, I blame our government who lets them flood over and outbreed us while turning the areas they inhabit into those rivaling the Black ghettos. Not to mention, like Blacks, they are disproportionally over-represented in violent crime and gangs.

We need to blame our government and the idiots we elect, not the poor brown masses flooding over.

There has to be some personal responsibility. They know perfectly well what they are doing and how wrong it is. From the time they cross the border to whenever they apply for something with false documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or