U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 05:18 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,906,149 times

Advertisements

Ana Paula Almeida, 31, who was arrested last month in Milford, is in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and is scheduled to appear in immigration court in Boston on Thursday.
Because she is locked up by ICE, Almeida did not appear in Milford District Court as scheduled yesterday for a pretrial conference in the rape case.
She is charged with inappropriately touching and having sex with a girl over a span of two years, starting when the alleged victim was 14.
ICE spokeswoman Paula Grenier said agents took Almeida, of 13 Colonial Road, Apt. 7, into custody on March 12. She had been out on bail.

Milford pastor accused of rape might be deported - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

Not sure if she is an illegal alien (which is why I didn't post it in the IA crime wave thread) or was in the process of being deported for green card violations. That being said, wow, just wow.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,044,856 times
Regardless of this womans immigration status, I think an important lesson needs to be learned here. Pedophiles do not look like scary guys in trench coats. They can be either sex and they almost always are attracted to jobs that will give them unlimited and unsupervised access to children.

In this case, the woman will no doubt be deported. I can only hope that they will warn whatever country she is going to about her criminal past.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,906,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Regardless of this womans immigration status, I think an important lesson needs to be learned here. Pedophiles do not look like scary guys in trench coats. They can be either sex and they almost always are attracted to jobs that will give them unlimited and unsupervised access to children.

In this case, the woman will no doubt be deported. I can only hope that they will warn whatever country she is going to about her criminal past.
ITA, I just didn't want the usual suspects complaining about where it is posted. They do that all the time.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

So true. We generally don’t think of women when hearing of crimes being committed by pedophiles. Although most are men, there are still plenty of female sickos, and their crimes are equally damaging to their victims.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,901,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Milford pastor accused of rape might be deported - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

Not sure if she is an illegal alien (which is why I didn't post it in the IA crime wave thread) or was in the process of being deported for green card violations. That being said, wow, just wow.
Wow, just wow? Don't be so surprised. This unfortunately, isn't as rare as it should be.

Teacher sex with student alleged :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1446331,CST-NWS-teach24.article - broken link)
Mary Kay Letourneau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ABC News: Teacher Suspected of Having Affair With Student Captured In Mexico
Inside Her 'Affair' With Student, 13: (Pamela Rogers Turner)
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1102051teach1.html

All the above women. American women.
And not something that should shock you as being a particularly illegal alien-esque crime.
Or really relevant to the actual discussion of immgration laws and the people who break them.
Unless if your main goal is to be sensational, and to vilify and demonize them rather than pay attention to the actual issues.
Well, if that's your goal, then I guess it does make sense to focus on this stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration