Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

Race asked to call Congressmen

MIAMI - Call your Congressman and ask him to support the Dream Act With this phrase, the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) launched a national campaign in support of a bill, if approved by Congress, would give residency to thousands of undocumented students out.

Vía de legalización Route of legalization.

"This month the Law Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors-DREAM) Act was introduced in the House and Senate," Raza said in a statement. The initiative opens the way for those who qualify "to obtain U.S. citizenship," he added.

Translated version of http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?chid=3&schid=278&secid=12134&cid=188 2899

Illegal aliens don't have US congressmen. Are they so delusional that they now believe that those of mexican descent who are also sworn to uphold the laws of the US are not US CONGRESSMAN? Who are they going to call?

They've obviously lost all touch with reality. Do they really believe they have members of congress and the right to continue demanding that which they are NOT entitled to?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-25-2009 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 06:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
The word 'desperation' sums up the tripe that NCLR is trying to foist on the American people.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:00 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
I bet those silly racists(duh! The literal meaning of La Raza is THE RACE) don't even know that a lot of those undocumented students aren't even any kind of Latino. Don't tell them though..those racist KKK-types would probably shut the whole thing down if they knew that little tidbit.

Quote:
The Dream Act does not allow undocumented immigrants to receive financial aid for higher education, but in case some of them through the project can legalize their status, could have access to loans and programs, said Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Illinois), one of the authors of the project.
Who's this Durbin? Why's he backing up those Brown supremacists? One of the authors of this joke? GEESH.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Race asked to call Congressmen

MIAMI - Call your Congressman and ask him to support the Dream Act With this phrase, the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) launched a national campaign in support of a bill, if approved by Congress, would give residency to thousands of undocumented students out.

Vía de legalización Route of legalization.

"This month the Law Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors-DREAM) Act was introduced in the House and Senate," Raza said in a statement. The initiative opens the way for those who qualify "to obtain U.S. citizenship," he added.
Haha! The only qualification will be that they are a carbon based life form.

Quote:
Translated version of http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?chid=3&schid=278&secid=12134&cid=188 2899

Illegal aliens don't have US congressmen. Are they so delusional that they now believe that those of mexican descent who are also sworn to uphold the laws of the US are not US CONGRESSMAN? Who are they going to call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Quote:
They've obviously lost all touch with reality. Do they really believe they have members of congress
I am not so sure that they don't. Look at Luis Gutierrez.

Quote:
and the right to continue demanding that which they are NOT entitled to?

Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Race added that the project remove "significant barriers to the success of immigrant students workers who were brought to the United States at an early age and who have the desire to contribute fully to American society."
Lie #1: They are NOT “immigrant” students -- they are illegal aliens.

Quote:
Since that year over 400 thousand of the best students in this country have graduated from high school with no hope of making their higher education, "he said in late July 2007 La Raza. The Dream Act would allow undocumented students about 65 thousand high school graduates to adjust their status to legal resident conditioned by six years.
Lie #2: It would NOT adjust the status of an estimated 65,000 illegal alien high school graduates. If there were an estimated 400,000 illegal graduates between 2003 and 2007 -- that would equal approximately 100,000 per year, not 65,000. Below you will see why all of these figures are lies.

Quote:
Fostered by the Dream Act would make the residence only if they obtain a degree and if during the passage through the university maintain the same level of qualifications obtained during secondary school.
Lie #3: They are NOT required to obtain a degree.

Quote:
(D) the alien, at the time of application, has been admitted to an institution of higher education in the United States, or has earned a high school diploma or obtained a general education development certificate in the United States;
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Quote:
The Dream Act does not allow undocumented immigrants to receive financial aid for higher education, but in case some of them through the project can legalize their status, could have access to loans and programs, said Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Illinois), one of the authors of the project.
Lie #4: They WILL be entitled to scholarships and tax-funded financial aid once their status has been changed. Remember, once they qualify for legal status via the DREAM Act, they will no longer be illegal. Furthermore, what guarantee will we have that their student loans will EVER be repaid; and who will foot the bill if they default?

Quote:
Temporary resident visas are granted only if the student entered the U.S. before the age of 16.
The student is encouraged to have lived in the United States over the five years preceding the adoption of the Act.
The student must possess good moral character, demonstrate good behavior and have no criminal record.
This section is laughable. How will they positively determine that these illegal aliens entered this country prior to the age of 16? Moreover, how will they determine the actual age of an illegal alien, given their penchant for document fraud?

Notice the student is “encouraged” not “required” to have lived in the U.S. for five years prior to the adoption of the act. The only thing the passage of this bill will do is encourage more illegal immigration. After all, if they are only “encouraged” to have lived here for five years, they could arrive yesterday and qualify for amnesty.

What criteria will be used to determine “good moral character and good behavior?” Does “lying” qualify as good moral character? Many DREAMies are illegally employed in this country, using a stolen or fake SSN. Yes, that’s good moral character. How about driving without a license and insurance? Criminal background checks? Please.

Last, but not least -- the piece de resistance. . . . the REAL objective behind this bill. The DREAM Act is officially called Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act. It’s primary objective is not to grant amnesty to illegal alien college students. After all, most college students are not MINORS. If this bill passes, it would stay the deportation of ALL illegal aliens currently enrolled in primary or secondary school from the age of 12. To further sweeten the pot, these students would also be granted employment eligibility.

In essence, if the DREAM Act becomes law, EVERY illegal alien “student” who is at least 12 years old will be granted amnesty; and their parents will be rewarded for their illegal efforts. You don’t actually believe they will deport the parents of "legal" students attending primary and secondary schools, do you? If so, please contact me for info on super deals for oceanfront property in Kansas.

This would be a magnet for illegal immigration to rival birthright citizenship.

Quote:
SEC. 7. STAY OF REMOVAL OF CERTAIN ALIENS ENROLLED IN PRIMARY OR SECONDARY SCHOOL.

(a) Stay of Removal- The Attorney General shall stay the removal proceedings of any alien who --

(1) meets all the requirements of subparagraphs (A), (B), (C), (E), and (F) of section 3(a)(1);

(2) is at least 12 years of age; and

(3) is enrolled full time in a primary or secondary school.

(b) Employment- An alien whose removal is stayed pursuant to subsection (a) may be engaged in employment in the United States consistent with the Fair Labor Standards Act (29 U.S.C. 201 et seq.) and State and local laws governing minimum age for employment.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Haha! The only qualification will be that they are a carbon based life form.

GHOSTBUSTERS!
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I am not so sure that they don't. Look at Luis Gutierrez.
Truer words my friend, truer words.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Lie #1: They are NOT “immigrant” students -- they are illegal aliens.

Lie #2: It would NOT adjust the status of an estimated 65,000 illegal alien high school graduates. If there were an estimated 400,000 illegal graduates between 2003 and 2007 -- that would equal approximately 100,000 per year, not 65,000. Below you will see why all of these figures are lies.

Lie #3: They are NOT required to obtain a degree.

Lie #4: They WILL be entitled to scholarships and tax-funded financial aid once their status has been changed. Remember, once they qualify for legal status via the DREAM Act, they will no longer be illegal. Furthermore, what guarantee will we have that their student loans will EVER be repaid; and who will foot the bill if they default?

This section is laughable. How will they positively determine that these illegal aliens entered this country prior to the age of 16? Moreover, how will they determine the actual age of an illegal alien, given their penchant for document fraud?

Notice the student is “encouraged” not “required” to have lived in the U.S. for five years prior to the adoption of the act. The only thing the passage of this bill will do is encourage more illegal immigration. After all, if they are only “encouraged” to have lived here for five years, they could arrive yesterday and qualify for amnesty.

What criteria will be used to determine “good moral character and good behavior?” Does “lying” qualify as good moral character? Many DREAMies are illegally employed in this country, using a stolen or fake SSN. Yes, that’s good moral character. How about driving without a license and insurance? Criminal background checks? Please.

Last, but not least -- the piece de resistance. . . . the REAL objective behind this bill. The DREAM Act is officially called Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act. It’s primary objective is not to grant amnesty to illegal alien college students. After all, most college students are not MINORS. If this bill passes, it would stay the deportation of ALL illegal aliens currently enrolled in primary or secondary school from the age of 12. To further sweeten the pot, these students would also be granted employment eligibility.

In essence, if the DREAM Act becomes law, EVERY illegal alien “student” who is at least 12 years old will be granted amnesty; and their parents will be rewarded for their illegal efforts. You don’t actually believe they will deport the parents of "legal" students attending primary and secondary schools, do you? If so, please contact me for info on super deals for oceanfront property in Kansas.

This would be a magnet for illegal immigration to rival birthright citizenship.

Bravo!!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Lets mexico give them their dream ;afterall they are citizens of that country.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
I thought the OP had lunch with durbin and convinced him not to back this bill?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I thought the OP had lunch with durbin and convinced him not to back this bill?
Who said I had lunch with him? I never stated that I "had lunch" with him or "convinced" him of anything. I certainly tried like hell though.

I did however have coffee and water during a 2 hour meeting with him at his office in Springfield. During that time I presented him with page after page of documented proof from the DREAMAct PORTAL where said "Dreamies" incriminate themselves by admitting to: driving drunk without licenses or with fraudulent documentation, lie to the police and judges and wished death upon those in congress who are against amnesty.

For good measure, I also pointed out that said nut jobs who post there are not only criminally insane, but ignorant, generational criminals, and that they like their criminal parents are undeserving of anything except deportation. Additionally, I pointed out that judging from their admission of daily criminal activity and their poor sentence structure, they obviously aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack nor are they citizenship worthy either.

It obviously hasn't occurred to you that they brought the bill to the floor simply in keeping with their pre-election promise to LaRaza and the rest of the ethnocentric racists who in exchanged promised to send the illegal alien masses to the polls to vote for Obama. Can we say Chicago style politics?

That being said, I understand your desperation. As a matter of fact, if I were you, I'd keep praying for amnesty too, but I wouldn't count on it. . . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-27-2009 at 04:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration