Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
see thats sarcasm? you can google that american corporations dont pay some of their respective taxes, we subsidies corn why? do you know the word subsidies and dumping mean in the text of globalisation? american corporations bought Mexican banks, owned parts of mexico that when Mexico exports its just american companies exporting to each other. not really incrementing wages.

so you can say all you want but you know what? whoever has the money
says what needs to be done and the rest obey, and I dont think Mexicans have a lot of say in mexico or in america.

fight all those questions I asked and then prove me wrong otherwise, I think youre ignorant on these specific issues.
Mexican govt has always subsidized corn in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM

365 posts, read 756,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
One might wonder that with all that spare cash why doesn't mexico solve its own problems instead of looking to their northern neighbors all the time.
Of course its rediculous to even consider Mexico engaging in a war. With anyone... They just don't have the means.
All these weapons you discuss are a means to support that economic giant. The USA became an economic giant after WWII and in no small part because we had the means to project power.
Back to Mexico. Mexico is a victim of their own failures. By any measure they are a wealthy nation, and yet have their hand out begging for help. We forgave their debt, we flush millions in cash down the crapper trying to help a country that refuses to help itself. They are not alone. A good many 3rd world countries are in the same boat and for the same reasons. The masses refuse to rise against the elite class. Instead of invading the USA and then demanding we change to better suit them. They might use that energy to change the country they ran from.
At any rate I will say this for you. You are always polite.
JS-477: Secretary John Snow Remarks at the Brady Bond Retirement Ceremony, Mexico City (http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/js477.htm - broken link)
now mexico doesnt have spare cash as a last resource they would cut private infrastructure, social services to meet any military goals.
are you talking about the brady plan? or bill clintons? we did not forgive their debt we simple restructured it?and clintons it was a loan and they paid it back and Mexico receiving aid? show me a website were it talks about money or numbers and if it does go over 100 million dollars compare that to the aid we give israel, or egypt and measure how much we really help mexico per capita WE DONT. I am not talking about handing them money they never have received more than an african country even do is far wealthier, from american taxpayers. to whats highlited in red
isnt our elites who bring em here and practically force us to work for less?
check anywebist how our social ladder is desintigrating just like mexicos where the rich top 15 percent owned more than half of americas gdp so if its so easy lets stand up to them and not vote for obama or macain which both talked about amnesty right? is not so easy as you think

Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mexican govt has always subsidized corn in Mexico.
MADRE :: Mexico
see I can argue any reasoable discussions but the truth has to reveal itself. ok thats your answer lol...you do know what dumping is right?

"The 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) locked Mexico into serving as a market for US agribusiness by creating conditions in which Mexican farmers cannot compete with large US corn producers. As Mexico's chief creditor and trading partner, the US demanded an end to Mexican farm subsidies. Meanwhile, US corn growers continued to receive about $10 billion in government subsidies, an amount 10 times higher than Mexico's entire agriculture budget"

10 times!!!!!!!! so are we trying to keep all mexicans employed or are we trying to destroy their jobs? and you believe in adams invisible hand in the book wealth of nations right? why do we have to subsidy something that is not profitable huh? so here we go again is it a masterplan betwen our politicians and mexican politicians to actually send the people here? because Mexico is not imposing those goods from entering right?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM

[quote=Negrapola1975;8066160]I don't appreciate the remark that I'm ignorant on this issue. The only thing that I said was that no matter what statistics you may throw around it DOES NOT justify them coming here illegally that's all. I find many people have to attack characters when you don't agree with them. Not very nice. I think Mexicans absolutely have a say in what happens in America and Mexico. Please don't tell me that America dangles the preverbial carrot and their eyes are glazed over to the point that they have no other alternative but be apathetic. All the stats in the world can't answer the question is it right or wrong.[/quote]

I understand what youre saying, look as you can problably see I am of hispanic descent yesterday I went to the post office and saw this young white male, he look unemployed and you could see he was projecting insecurity of confidence, he was not dress you could say appealing to the eye. But you know what, this old lady pull over and could hardly walk and this young man ran to the door, open the door for the old lady and then it hit me "not the first time" lol, these guys future could have been diffrent if we as a country put our priorities here at home first dont you think.

what I highlited in red, is not that I want you to symphatised for illegals but can you for a moment imagine working at a sweatshop, or some maquiladora where if you get sick, or lose one of your fingers they just thank you and farewell to your own luck? these people have lost hope and the only door they see is americans door. I understand you americas door
cant hardly handle her own poor much less Mexicos or other countries poor.

but were living in a new industrialised revolution were technology is displacing more workers and using more resources and the thing is that
that technology is based on a couple of owners that the only thing they do its keep repeating the same tactics when they accumalate enough mone to repeat the process.

we see beyond our home the problems of other countries but do not see our own, honestly tell me what do you think? if europe can unite to threaten our dollar as the reserve currency of the world, if they can tarriff
most of our goods? dont you think they can defend themselves against
1 1/2 trillion dollar russia? remember that europe together is close to 13 trillion and problably 3 times more populated. have you seen the news about north koreas launch missile that is scheduled in april? dont you think
strong economical skorea, and japan can handle weak nkorea.

I could come with more examples tons of them, americans especially african americans are being incarcerated because of drug offenses, we have teenagers dying in our streets becaues of drugs, illegal immigration
and we dont see our border as our biggest threat?

our first priorities in the world
israel, europe, africa, skorea, middle east but our home? google crime stats that are related to drugs and the cost to our social services and then compare our casulties in all those areas and doesnt compare to
th TERRORISM WHERE LEAVING HERE AT HOME.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quick and easy: close/lock our southern border and couple that with mass deportations--------that will eliminate a lot of BS off the top.

As for the rest of our problems: we as a nation have rediscovered frugality (trade deficit dropping, etc) and the worst of the recession is probably over.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Quick and easy: close/lock our southern border and couple that with mass deportations--------that will eliminate a lot of BS off the top.

As for the rest of our problems: we as a nation have rediscovered frugality (trade deficit dropping, etc) and the worst of the recession is probably over.

sounds good on paper? but realistically? no....I used to believe in santa, bigfoot, but got rid of those childhood fantasies.

our political leaders and our economy for years have been saying something else. and thats that.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
JS-477: Secretary John Snow Remarks at the Brady Bond Retirement Ceremony, Mexico City (http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/js477.htm - broken link)
now mexico doesnt have spare cash as a last resource they would cut private infrastructure, social services to meet any military goals.
are you talking about the brady plan? or bill clintons? we did not forgive their debt we simple restructured it?and clintons it was a loan and they paid it back and Mexico receiving aid? show me a website were it talks about money or numbers and if it does go over 100 million dollars compare that to the aid we give israel, or egypt and measure how much we really help mexico per capita WE DONT. I am not talking about handing them money they never have received more than an african country even do is far wealthier, from american taxpayers. to whats highlited in red
isnt our elites who bring em here and practically force us to work for less?
check anywebist how our social ladder is desintigrating just like mexicos where the rich top 15 percent owned more than half of americas gdp so if its so easy lets stand up to them and not vote for obama or macain which both talked about amnesty right? is not so easy as you think
And why must we compare aid given to other countries? Do we actually owe mexico any aid? What do they do for us that would rate any aid? Now make no mistake I am actually against any foreign aid especially now with our economy in the tank. In short we owe them NOTHING. They have been a long standing burden and a somewhat less than reliable friend. Let Mexico clean up its own back yard, and we should focus on cleaning up our own.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
sounds good on paper? but realistically? no....I used to believe in santa, bigfoot, but got rid of those childhood fantasies.

our political leaders and our economy for years have been saying something else. and thats that.
Frankly: the notion that amnesty is coming for a bunch of illegal aliens is truly a childish fantasy.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: the notion that amnesty is coming for a bunch of illegal aliens is truly a childish fantasy.
''

want to make a bet? like making a t-shirt "that would say I am with stupid and a hand pointing at you" and have a friend wear it. standing right beside you. who ever loses puts it on profile? I mean its not time soon, but when you remember this youre going to grinn and say that sob was right..
lol

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
. but the best way deal with exploitation is to stop doing it now.
deport now and give them severance, via fines collected from the companies that hired them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration